{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:53 pm

:D Love a bit of Kenny Rogers , liking a bet myself :)

You got to know when to Oldham know when to fold them :lol:

We going to put a massive performance and Oldham will have folded by half time.

Latics 0 Super Stags 4 Bowery 2 Reid and Sir Mal Benning :D

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6325
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby The One » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Well done. And thanks to Spiro for his great Fred run
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12188
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Looked a bit lost at time yesterday without Clarke's commanding of the midfield and Perch's ability to bring calmness and experience.

If they are back and fit, we could do a job on Oldham. If just Clarke is out, probably means McLaughlin starting and suffering the same problems in midfield as we had Vs Cheltenham.

This is one we can and should be winning.

2.1 Mansfield. Lapslie and Bowery.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5244
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby Kenwood » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:29 pm

I know the squad is threadbare especially at the moment, and Nigel has not showed much faith in the subs, but I hope he does make changes for this one.

Hopefully some of the injured lads are back or even the odd new addition to bolster the numbers

We started to look tired on Sunday and having gone pretty much with the same 11 week in week out one or two could benefit from a break, especially the midfield 3 who cover some ground each game, and possibly Benning

Another midweek fixture on a heavy pitch might be one game too many for a few, hopefully not and we can pick up at least a point if not all 3
Kenwood
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:47 pm

Heavy rain in greater Manchester most of today and tonight, supposed to be sunny and dry tomorrow but might not be enough.

Another Postponement might not be the worst thing in the world for us.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3998
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby wardy12345 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 pm

3 1 win with the goal machine opening the scoring followed by a first time left half volley from sir Mel
wardy12345
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:27 am

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby Number63 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:17 pm

I think this one is going to be close.
Head says draw but I'm going with my heart
1-2 (Bowery and Sweeney)

:coys:
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:15 am

2 1 to the Stags. Bowery scores both.

But there will be time enough for counting when the playing’s done.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:55 am

Oldham P-P Mansfield

Heavy rain forecast all weds... Gives us time to re-group and get perch & clarke back ready for carlise on sat.

(also gives me a chance to watch cos im on nights this week :D)
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby wink68 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Looked a bit lost at time yesterday without Clarke's commanding of the midfield and Perch's ability to bring calmness and experience.

If they are back and fit, we could do a job on Oldham. If just Clarke is out, probably means McLaughlin starting and suffering the same problems in midfield as we had Vs Cheltenham.

This is one we can and should be winning.

2.1 Mansfield. Lapslie and Bowery.

With Clarke missing I can't understand why Mclaughlan played in his position and Charsley stayed out of position out wide. We missed Ollies energy and ability in the centre. Charsley in his preferred position in the middle would have at least had the legs to get up and down if not quite as good with the ball and Mclaughlan is more of a natural wide player.
wink68
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:12 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Oldham P-P Mansfield

Heavy rain forecast all weds... Gives us time to re-group and get perch & clarke back ready for carlise on sat.

(also gives me a chance to watch cos im on nights this week :D)


There’s nothing on the club Twitter feed to say it is off.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15600
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:26 pm

We have a poor record at Oldham. Only two wins in 26 attempts with the last one being in 1977-1978. We've played them three times in the league since and lost 6-1, 3-2 and 3-1. Time for Nigel to improve things.

P26 W2 D9 L15 F26 A52

I think beating Oldham 6-1 at home was JD's finest moment as Stags manager.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8150
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:47 pm

I'd take a point. 23 games played 27 points. Over halfway to the sancitity of the safety zone. The other leg gave up on Sunday and I fell into the muddy morass, luckily the young apprentice emerged from the shadows and with a new hope took up the tattered but proud AMBER standard. Good luck SFL, look after t'fred :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 21830
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby The One » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Oldham P-P Mansfield

Heavy rain forecast all weds... Gives us time to re-group and get perch & clarke back ready for carlise on sat.

(also gives me a chance to watch cos im on nights this week :D)


There’s nothing on the club Twitter feed to say it is off.


No its just moose being selfish.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12188
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby The One » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:51 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We have a poor record at Oldham. Only two wins in 26 attempts with the last one being in 1977-1978. We've played them three times in the league since and lost 6-1, 3-2 and 3-1. Time for Nigel to improve things.

P26 W2 D9 L15 F26 A52

I think beating Oldham 6-1 at home was JD's finest moment as Stags manager.


Against 9 men.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12188
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:11 pm

The One wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We have a poor record at Oldham. Only two wins in 26 attempts with the last one being in 1977-1978. We've played them three times in the league since and lost 6-1, 3-2 and 3-1. Time for Nigel to improve things.

P26 W2 D9 L15 F26 A52

I think beating Oldham 6-1 at home was JD's finest moment as Stags manager.


Against 9 men.


Agree but before the sendings off we were 2-0 up and definitely 'in the mood' that day.
User avatar
Birminghamstag10
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby The One » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:29 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:
The One wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We have a poor record at Oldham. Only two wins in 26 attempts with the last one being in 1977-1978. We've played them three times in the league since and lost 6-1, 3-2 and 3-1. Time for Nigel to improve things.

P26 W2 D9 L15 F26 A52

I think beating Oldham 6-1 at home was JD's finest moment as Stags manager.


Against 9 men.


Agree but before the sendings off we were 2-0 up and definitely 'in the mood' that day.


So was Glenn Miller and he crashed
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12188
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby bear 73 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:07 pm

So we forget the F_A cup and move on, rain forecast so a cancellation to be expected, reports are that the pitch is heavy and that wont suit us talk of tired legs even Clough says we dont want to be chasing the game, a draw would suit Oldham keeping us 2 points below them, and a win for them would be another blow to our season.
With no new signing the current squad are asked to step up, and a draw away is always a good result, and i would take it, while we wait for some much needed help.
bear 73
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby The One » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Strange Scott Oldham is the ref
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12188
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby part time pete » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:05 pm

The One wrote:Strange Scott Oldham is the ref



A homer then. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6860
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm

A win at Oldham would see Stags in the top half, 12th ;)

:coys:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:21 pm

Forecast rain all day in Oldham tomorrow. Considering they switched their fixture at the weekend due to the pitch being in a poor state I’d be surprised if this went ahead tomorrow.

Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world for us after Sunday. Carlisle game off tonight as well so as mentioned on another thread they’ll be fresh for Saturday so we’d benefit equally if so.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2534
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Oldham 22nd in the home form table over the last 8 games :

W2 D1 L5

We’re 3rd in the away form table over the last 8 games :

W3 D4 L1

So nothing to fear on form, or on xG (we’re 9th , they’re 20th). Will just be a case of how fatigue and injuries effect us.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7684
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:56 pm

The One wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Oldham P-P Mansfield

Heavy rain forecast all weds... Gives us time to re-group and get perch & clarke back ready for carlise on sat.

(also gives me a chance to watch cos im on nights this week :D)


There’s nothing on the club Twitter feed to say it is off.


No its just moose being selfish.


Their pitch is already in a worse condition than ours.... Weather warnings issued for heavy rain over greater manchester all day...postponment certainly not out of the question.
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by know when to fold them.

Postby The One » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:08 am

Is there a pitch inspection ?
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12188
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arsene wengers coat, gazza1988, marker_mtfc95, Nutty Stag, oldweststander, skeglad and 32 guests