{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Vaccinate players?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Vaccinate players?

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:11 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:Can't say fairer than that NLS, but it is a bit suspicious that the PM's father managed to get vaccinated twice whilst over 60% of his age group are yet to have one.

And do you have any evidence of wrong doing ? Or are you, as usual, just digging for political reasons?

No, I said it was suspicious that the father of the PM managed to get 2 vaccines whilst most of his age group, my Dad included, are waiting for their first. It really is quite simple :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:18 pm

I was speaking to a mate of mine whose sister is the wife of a local conservative councillor in Yorkshire.

They both in their sixties without underlying conditions or care home workers and both have had the jab.

Apparently some folk didn’t turn up at the hospital so they had some vaccine left at end of day and instead of wasting the American/Belgian vaccine, the hospital phone folk they knew to use up the stock or it would have gone off.

Seems a bit dodgy to me, that they could not find more priority candidates.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby The One » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:23 pm

part time pete wrote:I was speaking to a mate of mine whose sister is the wife of a local conservative councillor in Yorkshire.

They both in their sixties without underlying conditions or care home workers and both have had the jab.

Apparently some folk didn’t turn up at the hospital so they had some vaccine left at end of day and instead of wasting the American/Belgian vaccine, the hospital phone folk they knew to use up the stock or it would have gone off.

They have in cases like that ofered to police
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:25 pm

part time pete wrote:I was speaking to a mate of mine whose sister is the wife of a local conservative councillor in Yorkshire.

Why didn't you say local councillors Pete, you had to get the Conservative bit in for more political point scoring???
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:26 pm

This is going politiics section soon I think
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:27 pm

The One wrote:This is going politiics section soon I think

Good
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:39 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Why didn't you say local councillors Pete, you had to get the Conservative bit in for more political point scoring???

This is how the Israeli approach has been so successful. They refuse to waste any vaccine so they give it to anyone before it goes off.
Their system seems fairer though, in that you can queue for it and just see if there's any left. This system seems questionable; however wouldn't you prefer it was given to someone rather than no-one?
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
The One wrote:This is going politics section soon I think

Good

It was an interesting debate, but let's get back to more important matters like that table with the win ratio for Evans and Flitcroft.

:roll:
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Good

It was an interesting debate, but let's get back to more important matters like that table with the win ratio for Evans and Flitcroft.

You go first then :lol:

It was interesting when it was about the subject heading but as usual it starts to become politicised and will degenerate further if not moved now, only my opinion and I'm sure it won't be moved anyway
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:21 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Good

You go first then :lol:

It was interesting when it was about the subject heading but as usual it starts to become politicised and will degenerate further if not moved now, only my opinion and I'm sure it won't be moved anyway

Sure ? If it carries on political it will
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:30 pm

Beano wrote:A property development company has just emailed GP surgeries across the country offering to buy vaccines for £5,000 each.

They even offered to pay cash direct to any nurses willing to provide them.

:oops:

Report here

Coronavirus: Company's apology after £5,000 vaccine offer - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55593210
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:31 am

So if someone's offering 5k per dose and there's 4 doses in a vial, that's 20k per vial. Tempting for the dishonest.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:34 am

really Stags related this gem int it ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:37 am

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:Can't say fairer than that NLS, but it is a bit suspicious that the PM's father managed to get vaccinated twice whilst over 60% of his age group are yet to have one.

And do you have any evidence of wrong doing ? Or are you, as usual, just digging for political reasons?

No, I said it was suspicious that the father of the PM managed to get 2 vaccines whilst most of his age group, my Dad included, are waiting for their first. It really is quite simple :lol:

So you’ve no evidence then. You think the PM would sort of for his dad to get two jabs before the Queen and PTG got their first one? Your bitterness knows no bounds.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum