{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:20 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:05 pm

With that win we achieved one half of our total home league wins of 2020
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:44 pm

my detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:39 pm

my player ratings now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:44 pm

Extra point on the refs rating for not ruining our new year on the second day :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:49 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:my player ratings now on

Quite generous Marty, especially Reid
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:06 pm

Think it was the first 10 rating since the one awarded to Dimitar Evtimov at AFC Wimbledon just before Christmas 2014
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:41 pm

I don't think that the ref should have had points knocked off for playing minimal added time. We had the result in the bag, Port Vale just wanted to go home. We could have been subjected to three or four minutes extra and had a player injured, or conceded a goal. Who would have gained? Good decision in my book.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:54 pm

Bradders wrote:I don't think that the ref should have had points knocked off for playing minimal added time. We had the result in the bag, Port Vale just wanted to go home. We could have been subjected to three or four minutes extra and had a player injured, or conceded a goal. Who would have gained? Good decision in my book.

I didn't knock any points off. But it was a clear mistake I think and worth an observation. Nigel Clough said to me afterwards he wanted more time to go for the jugular as that's what all good teams do.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:11 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Bradders wrote:I don't think that the ref should have had points knocked off for playing minimal added time. We had the result in the bag, Port Vale just wanted to go home. We could have been subjected to three or four minutes extra and had a player injured, or conceded a goal. Who would have gained? Good decision in my book.

I didn't knock any points off. But it was a clear mistake I think and worth an observation. Nigel Clough said to me afterwards he wanted more time to go for the jugular as that's what all good teams do.

Six subs were used in only 3 events, so only 1.5 minutes at 30 seconds per sub event.
The other 90 seconds for sweeping lines and sending off.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:18 am

it was just an observation. Anyway, it was 1 minute 46 seconds for the sweeping. Our triple substitution took 54 seconds. Not measured the others. But clearly well over 3 minutes in total.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:45 am

Only way this will be accurate is when we get to the stage like in basketball when the clock stops every time the ball goes dead.

However if that happened the 45 mins of play in each half would take at least 75 minutes.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:54 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:my player ratings now on

Quite generous Marty, especially Reid

I agree . Whilst Reid improved slightly and won a couple of free kicks , the most common sentence Martin quoted during the game was " Reid loses the ball "
A 6 maximum . He just doesn't get into goal scoring positions . In the last 2 games we have broken away twice 2 on 2 with Reid the second player never giving an option to pass to as both times he has been in the centre halfs back pocket .
I don't really get all this "Cook can't play 90 minutes so we have no choice ". He's been fit since pre season is much more of a goal threat . I'm sure if he was asked you'd get a quick reply .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:03 am

on Reid, quoting what's happened in previous games has no bearing on his rating for this game. He has played poorly in the previous games in my opinion and my ratings have reflected that.

In this game, he laid the ball off for Charsley to win the penalty, he set up Clarke for the assist for the 4th goal, he held the ball up quite well on other occasions, he won some free kicks.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum