{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ex Stag Curtis Woodhouse

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Ex Stag Curtis Woodhouse

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:40 am

Curtis Woodhouse has been awarded a BEM in the New Year Honours List.

Not one I would have guessed but well done Curtis.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Ex Stag Curtis Woodhouse

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:08 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Curtis Woodhouse has been awarded a BEM in the New Year Honours List.

Yep, well done to all ordinary people who go the extra mile and are recognised for it.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:42 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Curtis Woodhouse has been awarded a BEM in the New Year Honours List.

Yeah agree Not sure what he has achieved in sport will ever be matched again, Premier league top flight footballer and then to become British Boxing champion.

Achieving one is massive and against the odds so to do both is some achievement and his recognition is well deserved
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby bux46 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:09 am

I do take it that that is the British Empire Medal ???
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:48 am

bux46 wrote:I do take it that that is the British Empire Medal ???

The news article just referred to it as a BEM but that is also the interpretation I put on it, yes.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:49 pm

Fair play to Curtis, he has led a checkered, varied and interesting life to say the least. He has had his ups and a lot of downs but has turned himself around. He has achieved more through hard work in two sports than most small boys could ever dream of achieving.

He is never shy of acknowledging his mistakes and any contributory factors. But he has learnt from them. I recommend his autobiography, as it is a cracking read. I was given it on the condition that I read it and passed it on, free of charge to someone else. Hopefully this book is now well read and still doing the rounds.

As an aside, how refreshing is it that someone we can identify with has been recognised and rewarded. Someone must think very highly of Curtis to recommend him. I would rather have Curtis be awarded a gong than some sneering opportunistic politician that has made a fortune from PPE during this pandemic (wait and see how many are awarded ‘gongs’ when the dust settles).

We just have to wait now for her Majesty to write to Malvind Benning asking him to visit Buckingham Palace for services to the Stags.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum