{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Vale scorefred sponsored by Drains R Us

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Vale scorefred sponsored by Drains R Us

Postby lifestags » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:21 pm

I never said he wouldn’t play well Darren, just that he would do a job which he did. My point still stands that O Keefe is more like to like with Gordon then him and it will be interesting to see if Corey is staying.

On the game, thought we were brilliant. Once again want to mention Charlsley, he keeps popping up with assist and to say is out of position is doing brilliantly. Involved in 2 goals today.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:23 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Asking this on behalf of Big Yella, how does that affect expected goals?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will post when available. Will be over 2.5+ I would guess for us.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:23 pm

broomo wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Been noticeable today that Maris has played the holding role whilst Clarke and Lapslie bomb on. Much prefer that set up for attacking.

I think Maris has been great today, good movement and passing. Also won the ball back a few times

Spot on.

He was brilliant.

I think sometimes I under estimate his work rate and how often he breaks down attacks, that was probably the best I've seen him play and certainly had a direct influence on how good the other 3 looked.

Maris played deeper and more central today. Rather than play somewhere in midfield and cover the left if needed. Suited him to have more of a specific role.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:25 pm

wink68 wrote:
broomo wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Been noticeable today that Maris has played the holding role whilst Clarke and Lapslie bomb on. Much prefer that set up for attacking.

I think Maris has been great today, good movement and passing. Also won the ball back a few times

Spot on.

He was brilliant.

I think sometimes I under estimate his work rate and how often he breaks down attacks, that was probably the best I've seen him play and certainly had a direct influence on how good the other 3 looked.

Maris played deeper and more central today. Rather than play somewhere in midfield and cover the left if needed. Suited him to have more of a specific role.

Yep mentioned his position change earlier. His best performances have come when at the base of midfield so no surprise to see him play well again today. Allows Clarke to go and be a goal threat and not have to worry as much about defending.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:28 pm

3 points closer to safety... Nuff said.

Looking forward to the promotion push 21/22 season!.. Can see Nigel becoming abit of a stags legend in years to come :D
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:28 pm

Thought we played really well throughout, although admittedly against easily the worst performance by a side I’ve witnessed this season.

Vale were even poorer than ourselves against Barrow!

So good to get that first home win finally.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:31 pm

:D Great win ,well done Jordan.

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:32 pm

Excellent all round team performance. Well done Stags
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:33 pm

James Perch did play well. It's the position he's probably played most of his career at. Reaffirms that best players in their best positions pays dividends. First game we've done that and we've dominated. Perch, who rarely got forwards meant we could keep our defensive shape better and barely let them through, the only real chance they had was Tom Pope's volley.

It's sad that it's come to nearly halfway through the season for it to finally happen but the team didn't deserve to be changed since coops changed it. They played OK. My whole point about this was we could be so much better. Yes it's "only port Vale" but who here can honestly say the expected a 4-0 home win before the game? The proof though will be in the next few games if Clough perseveres with the same starting XI. A good test will be the Salford game on Tuesday.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:36 pm

Well done Thermokil!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:38 pm

Clough win rate is now 40%. (4 wins in 10 games). Keep up the great work, Nigel!

:coys:
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:47 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Playing well today, passing and reception much better. We seem to know who is where or going and get the ball too them. Much better possession and purpose.

Benning, Clarke, Lapslie, Sweeney and Charsley all playing well. Keep it going for the second half.

George Maris and Jordan Bowery played well in the first half as well. Mal Benning and Ollie Clarke had very good first halfs.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:48 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Playing well today, passing and reception much better. We seem to know who is where or going and get the ball too them. Much better possession and purpose.

Benning, Clarke, Lapslie, Sweeney and Charsley all playing well. Keep it going for the second half.

George Maris and Jordan Bowery played well in the first half as well. Mal Benning and Ollie Clarke had very good first halfs.

I suspect you have now revised your opinion of Bowery Darren :lol:

Bowery was clearly MoM, but the midfield dominated, something we've not had often, and are all worthy of mention..
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:50 pm

smulls wrote:Clough win rate is now 40%. (4 wins in 10 games). Keep up the great work, Nigel!

:coys:

40% is horrific according to some.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:52 pm

broomo wrote:but I'd say Rawson and Sweeney have both been superb, winning every single battle, I don't think either of them have lost a header yet.

I thought that Farrend Rawson had to make fewer defensive headers than normal today.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:00 pm

What a thoroughly nice bloke Jordan Bowery seems to be. I really enjoyed his interview then.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:01 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::D Great win ,well done Jordan.

Great interview from Jordan that, he comes across as such a lovely down to earth bloke.

Absolutely delighted for him, he's been the standout player since Sunderland and deserves all the praise in the world.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:01 pm

Rob wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

I suspect you have now revised your opinion of Bowery Darren :lol:

Bowery was clearly MoM, but the midfield dominated, something we've not had often, and are all worthy of mention..

This was what I posted about Jordan Bowery after the Southend game Rob.

"The enigma that is Jordan Bowery. He ticks a lot of boxes for a centre forward. He is big and strong and has plenty of pace to cause most defenders problems. He can control the ball and hold it up and win headers. He just needs to have more confidence in himself and be more direct and more selfish and get shots off on goal like he did yesterday. I've never heard a 29 year old striker sound so unsure of himself in interviews. I'm sure he would benefit from a few sessions with Tyson Fury or a good sports psychologist. Well done yesterday Jordan. Great goal. Keep it going."
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:07 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Still only 11 points of a play off I think. Been like that for a while. If we can get on a run, we can move up the table.

25 games left, only need 16 wins to scrap into play offs.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:11 pm

part time pete wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Still only 11 points of a play off I think. Been like that for a while. If we can get on a run, we can move up the table.

25 games left, only need 16 wins to scrap into play offs.

Until next time we don’t win and we’re relegation fodder again :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:11 pm

Funniest thing today was when the microphone was left open after the game had finished. No idea who it was but the air turned blue!
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Chris M wrote:Funniest thing today was when the microphone was left open after the game had finished. No idea who it was but the air turned blue!

It was the TV gantry camera microphone. I will ask Mark to get a message to the cameraman to mute once the broadcast has finished. Apologies for any bad language you heard.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:22 pm

Chris M wrote:Funniest thing today was when the microphone was left open after the game had finished. No idea who it was but the air turned blue!

Don’t think they were from Mansfield tourism office.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:23 pm

Have we turned the corner
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:28 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

It was the TV gantry camera microphone. I will ask Mark to get a message to the cameraman to mute once the broadcast has finished. Apologies for any bad language you heard.

Don't do that Martin, it was comedy gold :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum