{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Salford scorefred sponsored by Three buses.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Salford scorefred sponsored by Three buses.

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:26 am

Think we need to be patient with Reid. Don’t forget he’s jumped two levels from last season and is improving. His work rate last night was very good and he doesn’t ‘Go missing’
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:42 am

pemill wrote:Tactical masterpiece to postpone the game last week :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only kidding, can't take anything away from that performance, absolutely controlled them and deservedly got the 3 points.

I was thinking the same. I'm not sure we would have got this result a week ago but Saturday's performance put us in a great frame of mind. Also well done to the club for rearranging the game so quickly. We are one of only 6 who are up to date with our games. We might drop several places when other teams play but better to have points in the bag than games in hand
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:14 am

Reid put a good effort in last night & im sure things will come good for him !!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:47 am

We tried the same throw in routine in the first half that resulted in the goal against Port Vale. Throw in by James Perch to George Lapslie who holds off the defender and then lays it off to Harry Charsley. It nearly worked again.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:47 am

Spiritater wrote:
The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Think the fred needs a rest now. D'you think the the fred should do Sunday's fred?

Brilliant fredding...who did cup fred last time ?

;)

Come on ‘tater is it Wednesday. ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:48 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We tried the same throw in routine in the first half that resulted in the goal against Port Vale. Throw in by James Perch to George Lapslie who holds off the defender and then lays it off to Harry Charsley. It nearly worked again.

You been reading my posts again Darren :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:50 am

part time pete wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Think the fred needs a rest now. D'you think the the fred should do Sunday's fred?

;)

He lost to Carlisle Pete, he's still on by default :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:54 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We tried the same throw in routine in the first half that resulted in the goal against Port Vale. Throw in by James Perch to George Lapslie who holds off the defender and then lays it off to Harry Charsley. It nearly worked again.

Sorry Sam. Did you mention it earlier? If it was in a tweet then I may not have seen it as my browser blanks them.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:55 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Sorry Sam. Did you mention it earlier? If it was in a tweet then I may not have seen it as my browser blanks them.

Haha don’t worry I was only joking. Yes think I mentioned it on the thread when it happened. A nice little routine though.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:58 am

I'm surprised that there has not been more debate about yet another Marek Stech error for the Salford goal. Nigel Clough will probably be thinking about signing another keeper long term although he is showing confidence in him at the moment.

Conrad would have been crucified and there would have been calls for St Bobby to take his place :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:04 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm surprised that there has not been more debate about yet another Marek Stech error for the Salford goal. Nigel Clough will probably be thinking about signing another keeper long term although he is showing confidence in him at the moment.

Conrad would have been crucified and there would have been calls for St Bobby to take his place :lol:

I agree it was an error, but we won so he’s got away with it a little. Some people don’t think it was an error though.

Posted on another thread but I thought worth reiterating results with Maris starting in holding role :

W4 D2 L0 GS 14 GC 4

One of those draws was a win before he was subbed (Bolton) and two of those goals were conceded after he went off (Bolton, FGR)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:15 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
The One wrote:

;)

He lost to Carlisle Pete, he's still on by default :lol:

The chance was there woody to take up the Amber standard after my stumble against Carlisle, but nobody did so with my gammy leg I struggled on.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:26 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm surprised that there has not been more debate about yet another Marek Stech error for the Salford goal. Nigel Clough will probably be thinking about signing another keeper long term although he is showing confidence in him at the moment.

I agree it was an error, but we won so he’s got away with it a little. Some people don’t think it was an error though.

Posted on another thread but I thought worth reiterating results with Maris starting in holding role :

W4 D2 L0 GS 14 GC 4

One of those draws was a win before he was subbed (Bolton) and two of those goals were conceded after he went off (Bolton, FGR)

It was a definite error by Stech, unfortunately he seems to drop a clanger every 5 games or so. We may be able to get away with it as a mid table side but if we want to challenge I don't think he is good enough. It turned a comfortable win into us clinging on, they could well have equalised in the last minute.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 am

Impressed with Reid last night, ok he's not the finished article by a long way but I do see steady improvement, the coaches are improving his play but he is still slow at controling and passing.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:01 am

oldweststander wrote:Impressed with Reid last night, ok he's not the finished article by a long way but I do see steady improvement, the coaches are improving his play but he is still slow at controling and passing.

His movement is poor too. There was one chance where Bowery drive down the left channel and put a ball across the box. Reid was moving towards the back post behind two defenders and it was easily cleared.

In the second half they had a similar position and Wilson made a run towards the back post to pull his defender away before darting to the front. Only a very good tackle by Sweeney stopped him from scoring.

This comparison shows his lack of anticipation and movement. And is a really good example of the difference between non league and league quality.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:12 am

Reid was heavily involved in our second goal last night with 1 outstanding bit of play then getting his head to the ball to create the half chance for Bowery to pick up the loose ball and tuck into the net.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 am

I think it might be a case of Reid “trying too hard” before last nights game, maybe the run of games has reassured him that he’s not going to lose his place yet. He kept it simple last night and you could see his confidence growing.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 am

I’m not sure he will be looking for another keeper Darren. Marek has made some fantastic saves - I also think Stone is a number 1 in waiting
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:37 am

Some brilliant performances last night. Hard to choose a motm but I plumped for Clarke, he was all over the place and carried it on for 100 minutes which is incredible.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Trenam » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:40 am

Great football played last night,days of Dave smith and Peter Morris emerging,from the same team that was struggling,came a team of really good players,there is a diamond in Reid coming through :coys: 1946/47 stag
Trenam
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:06 pm

Dan wrote:Some brilliant performances last night. Hard to choose a motm but I plumped for Clarke, he was all over the place and carried it on for 100 minutes which is incredible.

Ollie Clarke has a great engine. I noticed early on that one of his main strengths was that he was still going strong at the end of games. In fact he sometimes needed the first half to warm up! Nigel Clough has got him more revved up from the off. He was excellent in the first half against Port Vale and Salford City.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:15 pm

Dan wrote:Some brilliant performances last night. Hard to choose a motm but I plumped for Clarke, he was all over the place and carried it on for 100 minutes which is incredible.

I'd go with Charsley (he literally never stops) but gave them all (Maris, Clarke, Charsley and Lapslie) 9.5 on Eggy's survey.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:50 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Maybe because it wasn’t an error.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:18 pm

I thought our best players last night were George Lapslie, Ollie Clarke and Farrend Rawson. Hard to pick a Man of the Match. I'll give it Rawson because it was probably his best defensive performance of the season.

The whocored ratings were:

Ryan Sweeney 8.2
George Lapslie 7.9
Jordan Bowery 7.8
Farrend Rawson 7.4
George Maris 7.3
Mal Benning 7.1
Jamie Reid 7.0
Harry Charsley 6.9
James Perch 6.9
Ollie Clarke 6.8
Marek Stech 6.7