{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Can and should football survive tier 4.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Can and should football survive tier 4.

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:02 pm

Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:Did you see those clowns outside a hospital on New Year’s Eve having a party and chanting about Covid being a hoax, right outside the windows where people were on ventilators caused by it. The police should’ve got the water cannons out like they would if they were football hooligans.

But they wouldn't have would they, as after Bojo bought three water canon they were deemed illegal to use in this country. (Imagine having our own different law even when we were still in the EU, who'd a thunk it.)

We actually had a water cannon in Notts following the riots of 1981. It took 3 days to fill and wouldn’t do more than 10 miles an hour so effectively was useless.

Incidentally water cannon have never been used against football fans in this country.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:06 pm

cambridgestag wrote:
west country stag wrote:Total lockdown thro the UK needed .

Another one? Didn't we try that back in March? For a terrifying virus whish is the worst the world has seen for a century it has so far killed 1.8 million people. Sounds a lot until you realise that is 0.023% of the world's population. 99.98% of people are fine.
If you want a really scary statistic have a look at how much the world population increases EVERY year - 83 million. Just to put things in context.

I think you need to consider how many lives would have been lost and the toll on health on some Covid 19 victims, if we had not "lockdown". Also the effect it would have had on the NHS.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:08 pm

Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:Did you see those clowns outside a hospital on New Year’s Eve having a party and chanting about Covid being a hoax, right outside the windows where people were on ventilators caused by it. The police should’ve got the water cannons out like they would if they were football hooligans.

But they wouldn't have would they, as after Bojo bought three water canon they were deemed illegal to use in this country. (Imagine having our own different law even when we were still in the EU, who'd a thunk it.)

Absolutely nothing to do with the EU, but great deflecting the point.

Those irresponsible shithouses need identifying, fining and giving a criminal record. Personally, I’d throw them in the river. All of them.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:10 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Those irresponsible shithouses need identifying, fining and giving a criminal record. Personally, I’d throw them in the river. All of them.

Agree with you there, can we put crocs in river ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Arnolds Rod » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:47 pm

cambridgestag wrote:

Another one? Didn't we try that back in March? For a terrifying virus whish is the worst the world has seen for a century it has so far killed 1.8 million people. Sounds a lot until you realise that is 0.023% of the world's population. 99.98% of people are fine.
If you want a really scary statistic have a look at how much the world population increases EVERY year - 83 million. Just to put things in context.

Sorry Cambridgestag. Will you stop quoting facts, figures and evidence (like the fact no one died with Covid in Sweden today). Just be a sheep and follow the narrative.
Arnolds Rod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:20 pm

Arnolds Rod wrote:
cambridgestag wrote:

Sorry Cambridgestag. Will you stop quoting facts, figures and evidence (like the fact no one died with Covid in Sweden today). Just be a sheep and follow the narrative.

How many died in the UK?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:43 pm

They didn't refer to Port Vale played named "Rodney" as "Rodders" at any point. 0/10 will never listen to that same audio stream again.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:48 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:They didn't refer to Port Vale played named "Rodney" as "Rodders" at any point. 0/10 will never listen to that same audio stream again.

Do you mean "Dave" :lol: :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby cambridgestag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:13 pm

Arnolds Rod wrote:
cambridgestag wrote:

It's an unpleasant disease. It kills people. I'm not a denier. I wear a mask when in shops and since March I haven't touched or been within 2m of another person.

I'm just wondering if our response is proportionate. It may be - I'm not a virologist.

But when I look at the facts and figures (mainly on official Gov websites) I get confused. Happy for a wiser person than me to put me right.
cambridgestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:22 pm

cambridgestag wrote:
Arnolds Rod wrote:
cambridgestag wrote:

It's an unpleasant disease. It kills people. I'm not a denier. I wear a mask when in shops and since March I haven't touched or been within 2m of another person.

I'm just wondering if our response is proportionate. It may be - I'm not a virologist.

But when I look at the facts and figures (mainly on official Gov websites) I get confused. Happy for a wiser person than me to put me right.

I suspect virologists have been consulted, don't you?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:34 pm

Rob wrote:
cambridgestag wrote:
Arnolds Rod wrote:
cambridgestag wrote:

I suspect virologists have been consulted, don't you?

And then ignored yet again by the government...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:07 pm

Can we move the morons on from this thread into the coronavirus thread? I am fed of reading their denial bull on social media. I don't want to read it on here also.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:34 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Can we move the morons on from this thread into the coronavirus thread? I am fed of reading their denial bull on social media. I don't want to read it on here also.

Agree.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:43 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Can we move the morons on from this thread into the coronavirus thread? I am fed of reading their denial bull on social media. I don't want to read it on here also.

Agree.

Ditto.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:44 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Agree.

Ditto.

Double ditto. The turkey had all their tinfoil
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:45 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Big yella wrote:

We actually had a water cannon in Notts following the riots of 1981. It took 3 days to fill and wouldn’t do more than 10 miles an hour so effectively was useless.

Incidentally water cannon have never been used against football fans in this country.

Here's a fun question.

Who were the first football fans to get pepper sprayed by the police in an English match? (Possibly the only time it's happened)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:46 pm

The One wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Agree with you there, can we put crocs in river ?

Good shout

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:27 pm

In the last lockdowns, was professional football still allowed?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:51 pm

lifestags wrote:In the last lockdowns, was professional football still allowed?

Through lockdown 2 yes, hopefully the same this time around. Believe it’s continuing in Scotland who have already announced their lockdown so should be the same you’d think.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:15 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Through lockdown 2 yes, hopefully the same this time around. Believe it’s continuing in Scotland who have already announced their lockdown so should be the same you’d think.

hopefully, life is a little bit better with the footy to look forward too!
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:19 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:They didn't refer to Port Vale played named "Rodney" as "Rodders" at any point. 0/10 will never listen to that same audio stream again.

Do you mean "Dave" :lol: :lol:

:lol: that really made me chuckle
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:24 pm

lifestags wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

hopefully, life is a little bit better with the footy to look forward too!

With everything else locked down and players just able to train and play games they shouldn't be getting the virus anyway (well, less likely now they cant go out/ round to peoples houses)
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:47 pm

It’s a job like any other, although unique like many others so imo they should play. Loads of folk still have to go to work. It must be great as a professional footballer to still be able to play the game we all love, and it seems fairly safe with all the testing.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:24 pm

Lockdown like last March.
Football stopped last March.

Will it carry on?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:26 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Lockdown like last March.
Football stopped last March.

Will it carry on?

It’s already been confirmed that elite sports will carry on (for now)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum