{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cabbage patch

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Cabbage patch

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Has Mez been growing his veg for Christmas dinner on this pitch? It’s an absolute plough field.
Cleveland_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby Stoney » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:01 pm

Its the worst I've seen it for years, god knows what's gone so wrong.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3390
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:Has Mez been growing his veg for Christmas dinner on this pitch? It’s an absolute plough field.


I dont understand what's wrong with the pitch.... The investment the club receives and the fact the pitch shouldn't be getting touched untill a match day now we have 3 x grass pitches at the training ground plus the pitch behind the west stand.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Are we allowed to criticise the surface ? Is that permissible?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15603
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby Kenwood » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:05 pm

It was not great last season and it’s only got worse this, much like the players :(
Kenwood
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:06 pm

The weathers not even been that bad has it? Don’t know how it’s in that state
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2534
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby broomo » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:08 pm

I'm absolutely certain Nige will demand it's ripped up and a Desso pitch installed during the summer.

He won't stand for that kind of quality playing surface.
broomo
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:10 pm

Err.., I think it has. Try walking on your own lawns, mine is waterlogged....plus, played golf yesterday and fairways sodden and greens flooding in places, so it’s come from somewhere!
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:10 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Are we allowed to criticise the surface ? Is that permissible?


I remember someone criticising Mez on here last year. Typically he was shot down
Everything Is Borrowed
User avatar
kevin kents tasce
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby Spiritater » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Pitch is better than the team.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 21830
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Didnt dsomeone who knew a bit about sports turf try saying that there hadn’t been enough certain type of soil layered when the pitch was relayed and that’s why it was looking so bad last season??? He got laughed off this messageboard and Facebook.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby lifestags » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:12 pm

That pitch is an absolute disgrace.
lifestags
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:12 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:Err.., I think it has. Try walking on your own lawns, mine is waterlogged....plus, played golf yesterday and fairways sodden and greens flooding in places, so it’s come from somewhere!


Have you just spent tens of thousands on replacing your lawn over the last two years and installing better drainage systems?

Do you employ a full time grounds keeping staff?

I’m mightily impressed it you have/do
Everything Is Borrowed
User avatar
kevin kents tasce
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby smulls » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:13 pm

The awful pitch has definitely affected our home form as Mansfield players are not comfortable to play on. Mez is not experienced enough!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:15 pm

I think Mez was put on furlough.... a pitch needs attention every day, if he's been looking after it part time there's no wonder its rubbish.

also doesn't matter how much you spend on the playing surface if there's not a proper team to maintain it.

Having one single groundsman with a couple helpers isn't enough.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3998
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:16 pm

smulls wrote:The awful pitch has definitely affected our home form as Mansfield players are not comfortable to play on. Mez is not experienced enough!


Mez is deffo experienced enough...probably just needs some help as I bet he’s pretty much doing all the training ground himself too.

We deffo just need to go the Desso route.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:18 pm

Didn't Evans blag some vast improvement one preseason? It's gone like the rest of our recent investment, slow, sloppy, unplayable and overall terrible.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5244
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:19 pm

broomo wrote:I'm absolutely certain Nige will demand it's ripped up and a Desso pitch installed during the summer.

He won't stand for that kind of quality playing surface.


I doubt JR will be paying half a million plus on the pitch in the summer.

Have said before a desso is the way to go though... best pitches that are available
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3998
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Pitch hasn’t been the same since Andy O was dismissed
User avatar
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1882
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
broomo wrote:I'm absolutely certain Nige will demand it's ripped up and a Desso pitch installed during the summer.

He won't stand for that kind of quality playing surface.


I doubt JR will be paying half a million plus on the pitch in the summer.

Have said before a desso is the way to go though... best pitches that are available


I’d rather waste his millions on facilities than the likes of Butcher, Davies, Anderson & Rawson.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby Spiritater » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:29 pm

smulls wrote:The awful pitch has definitely affected our home form as Mansfield players are not comfortable to play on. Mez is not experienced enough!

Pitch was fine till mid Nov, and this awful team won how many home games in that time.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 21830
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Crap pitch... Crap team... Crap season.

Cant wait for it to be over
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby Suttonian » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:37 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:
West Ham 1969 wrote:Err.., I think it has. Try walking on your own lawns, mine is waterlogged....plus, played golf yesterday and fairways sodden and greens flooding in places, so it’s come from somewhere!


Have you just spent tens of thousands on replacing your lawn over the last two years and installing better drainage systems?

Do you employ a full time grounds keeping staff?

I’m mightily impressed it you have/do


He might not do that for his lawn but I'm sure the golf club will do for the fairways and greens
Suttonian
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:41 pm

Suttonian wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:
West Ham 1969 wrote:Err.., I think it has. Try walking on your own lawns, mine is waterlogged....plus, played golf yesterday and fairways sodden and greens flooding in places, so it’s come from somewhere!


Have you just spent tens of thousands on replacing your lawn over the last two years and installing better drainage systems?

Do you employ a full time grounds keeping staff?

I’m mightily impressed it you have/do


He might not do that for his lawn but I'm sure the golf club will do for the fairways and greens


Are you comparing looking after a field the size of a football pitch to something the size of a golf course? Really?
Everything Is Borrowed
User avatar
kevin kents tasce
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Cabbage patch

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:46 pm

Suttonian wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:
West Ham 1969 wrote:Err.., I think it has. Try walking on your own lawns, mine is waterlogged....plus, played golf yesterday and fairways sodden and greens flooding in places, so it’s come from somewhere!


Have you just spent tens of thousands on replacing your lawn over the last two years and installing better drainage systems?

Do you employ a full time grounds keeping staff?

I’m mightily impressed it you have/do


He might not do that for his lawn but I'm sure the golf club will do for the fairways and greens



A golf course is a bit different to a football pitch. Better to compare to other teams pitches and not golf, rugby and people back gardens.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BELSE, Big yella, Dave Wayne, stagtastic1, yellowstag and 38 guests