{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Deal or No Deal?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Deal or No Deal?

Postby Peaceful fan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Just a note as a Carlisle fan, you're not the worst team we've face all season would not even put you in the worst 6 or 7, That would fall to Stevenage who we beat at the weekend even Newport looked worse and they are sat in the playoffs . I don't think you'll have to worry about relegation this year . Your not the only team who's struggled to break down out back 4 . Including the game again you in our past 4 we've face 3 on target
Peaceful fan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wink68 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:26 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Dont wanna be negative but im really questioning cloughies judgement here....bowery and reid do not work together and were awful on saturday as was gordon.
Cook, o'keefe and sinclair must be sitting on the bench wondering how bad these guys need to play to get dropped.
Picking stech & rawson is also questionable imo.

Negative

Was 100% right thou wasn't i?
That team selection was rammel... Carlise wont have an easier game all season.

Dear me Nigel... I Wonder what old big ead' would have to say about this bunch of no hopers his son has taken on!

Spare a thought for JR... Imagine spending millions & millions and having to sit through that every week.. Must be heartbreaking.

Who exactly was Clough supposed to play up front with Maynard injured and Cook half fit. We could have parked the bus for a nil nil and he would have been hammered on hear. We tried to play through midfield but the only fit forwards we have aren't good enough.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Number63 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Benning is one that really looks done, no where near the player he was. Seems a lot slower and just has no threat going forward anymore, but cant be dropped.

Regretfully I agree with that.

Benning was the exact same last year, no competition for his place and he just looked lazy/not arsed. I think he should have gone in the summer. Think we both need a fresh start. We'll always remember him as Sir Mal for sending the raspberry down, but game to game he doesn't look good enough.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:33 pm

victor A block wrote:Listening to the Carlisle commentary .
Mansfield .
Some neat touches in midfield
Quality players not playing as a team .
No pace at all in the team .
Zero threat up front .
Reid playing 2 leagues above his level .

Fair .

No creativity,Mansfield are HOPING for something to happen
Kelham Gordon to good for this level

But my favourite was the constant reference to the MISMATCH between Reid and Bennet

Most stupid comment of the night has to be Mansfield time wasted so much in the first half (1 minuted added ) they planted the seed in the refs mind and now Carlisle have wasted time once and they have punished for it with a yellow card .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:34 pm

lifestags wrote:Rawson needs to be dropped too.

I thought Farrend Rawson defended well tonight along with Ryan Sweeney at centre half.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:37 pm

We got more than we deserved as they only scored the one.

Can’t wait for Perch to get back and we will look and do much better at the back. Some have defended Gordon from my previous comments but he is playing as a defender ahead of others we have at the club. If that is the case, that is what he should be judged on. He is simply not good enough at full back.

Reid and Bowery don’t work for me but I accept there are few other options at the moment so we will have to lump it.

Head down and soldier on time until we can recruit.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:42 pm

yorkstag wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:Investment needed in January otherwise we're in big trouble. This is the price JR and the board have to pay for making two horrendous appointments (Dempster / Coughlan).

One horrendous decision - sacking Flitcroft

David Flitcroft is 4/1 2nd favourite for the Barrow job and seems a popular choice with Barrow fans.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:46 pm

Fred's done now, we need fresh blood tomorrow forSouthend
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:47 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Dont wanna be negative but im really questioning cloughies judgement here....bowery and reid do not work together and were awful on saturday as was gordon.
Cook, o'keefe and sinclair must be sitting on the bench wondering how bad these guys need to play to get dropped.

Negative

Dear me Nigel... I Wonder what old big ead' would have to say about this bunch of no hopers his son has taken on!

Spare a thought for JR... Imagine spending millions & millions and having to sit through that every week.. Must be heartbreaking.

I hate that I'm responding to this but I'll give it a go.
There's no fault with Clough here, not one bit, I'd prefer he spent the whole of November and December showing the players that they aren't good enough. He can play them all in the wrong positions and it won't matter, they aren't good enough in the right ones. Can't think of a manager I'd want here more to be honest.

Sparing a thought for Jr is nonsense statement number 2. He keeps making the poor decisions, him and the board. Don't get me wrong, without him we'd truly have gone forever but doesn't mean he's immune from criticism here, nor the board. Carolyn is hell bent on self promotion and has no clue about football. Business yes, before she joined it would surprise me if she knew the ball was round. Jr is obsessed with trophies to show off his cash, Carolyn, Carolyn's breasts, Football Club, Villa, helicopter etc etc (and fair play, I'd love to be in his position) but his desire to show off what he's got gets in the way of sensible and informed decision making. Hymas is a builder with cash and knows no more than the rest of us on here and christ knows who the rest are anymore but last time I checked they were just nodding dogs and yes men. Still waiting for Sharpe to show his football knowledge, so far seems to have been blindsided by Coughlin and has yet to prove otherwise.

The only thought I'm willing to spare him is the thought that as a millionaire spending millions with no clue of the outcome, he's no better than the unemployed spending their benefits on scratchcards.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:47 pm

Slackythestag wrote:I listened to the Carlisle commentary tonight on ifollow and their commentator did not write a single thing down on his notepad regarding us. Says it all. Big changes needed in the transfer window.

James Phillips and Chris Lumsdon on BBC Radio Cumbria said that Mansfield defended very well.

Here are the links for the BBC Radio Cumbria pre-match and post match programmes. There's a big chat about David Dunn and the possible new Barrow manager on the pre-match show.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08zsz7d

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p090956v

Carlisle fans have voted for Joe Riley as their Man of the Match followed by Omari Patrick and Lewis Alessandra.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:58 pm

Old amber wrote:Reid,Bowery,Rawson... totally out of their depth... Nigel has to play with what he has inherited, but what I don’t get is why And what he see’s in these players? I'm Afraid the best we can hope for this season is a mid table finish and that is pushing it.

Jordan Bowery has played at a higher level and in League 2. He has 179(146) league appearances and has scored 48 goals. He is clearly not out of his depth.

Farrend Rawson has made 144(5) league appearances and has played regularly for a team that has finished 5th and 11th in League 2 in the past two seasons. He is also clearly not out of his depth.

Jamie Reid does need to prove himself at League 2 level. He had a poor game tonight but don't write him off yet.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:08 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Benning is one that really looks done, no where near the player he was. Seems a lot slower and just has no threat going forward anymore, but cant be dropped.

Mal Benning played well against Crawley Town and Grimsby Town. I also thought he defended reasonably well tonight along with Kellan Gordon. He just went missing once in the first half. Overall our defence played well tonight.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Old amber wrote:Reid,Bowery,Rawson... totally out of their depth... Nigel has to play with what he has inherited, but what I don’t get is why And what he see’s in these players? I'm Afraid the best we can hope for this season is a mid table finish and that is pushing it.

Jordan Bowery has played at a higher level and in League 2. He has 179(146) league appearances and has scored 48 goals. He is clearly not out of his depth.

Farrend Rawson has made 144(5) league appearances and has played regularly for a team that has finished 5th and 11th in League 2 in the past two seasons. He is also clearly not out of his depth.

Jamie Reid does need to prove himself at League 2 level. He had a poor game tonight but don't write him off yet.

I don't get the Rawson criticism. He's not a skilful player, but gets the job done that he was signed for. Blocks and clears, doesn't try anything fancy. Reid should have been taken off early in the second half. It looked like Carlisle realised that he's a bit lightweight and just bullied him out of the game.
There could be an element of Clough giving players a fair chance before they get sidelined by new signings.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:18 pm

Rawson hasn’t impressed me overall. He has been complicit in too many conceding goals for me, but I think he did well tonight. Him and Sweeney were under constant pressure and on the whole restricted Carlisle to long range shots, most of which were blocked
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:

Negative

Cannot comment did not watch for free cheating the club of revenue
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:28 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:

Negative

Millions and milions when some scab fan watches for free.!!!
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:30 pm

Peaceful fan wrote:Just a note as a Carlisle fan, you're not the worst team we've face all season would not even put you in the worst 6 or 7, That would fall to Stevenage who we beat at the weekend even Newport looked worse and they are sat in the playoffs . I don't think you'll have to worry about relegation this year . Your not the only team who's struggled to break down out back 4 . Including the game again you in our past 4 we've face 3 on target

Thank you for your imput
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:31 pm

As his former manager Mark Cooper said before the Forest Green Rovers game, Farrend Rawson is a no nonsense defender who will head it and kick it away all day long. He went on to have an excellent game against Jamille Matt. He is not a particularly skillful player on the ball so he seems more comfortable in a back four than a back three. He made a disappointing start to the season but he has improved as the season has gone on. He played well at Grimsby apart from the Grimsby goal when he did get a push in the back.

Farrend Rawson played really well tonight and him and Ryan Sweeney were my Man of the Match. I'd probably just give it to Sweeney for his fantastic goal saving block in the first half. Rawson had a good second half and I noted three crucial moments when he got in a tackle or made a vital defensive header or block.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:38 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:

Negative

There's no fault with Clough here, not one bit, I'd prefer he spent the whole of November and December showing the players that they aren't good enough. He can play them all in the wrong positions and it won't matter, they aren't good enough in the right ones. Can't think of a manager I'd want here more to be honest.

Sparing a thought for Jr is nonsense statement number 2. He keeps making the poor decisions, him and the board. Don't get me wrong, without him we'd truly have gone forever but doesn't mean he's immune from criticism here, nor the board. Carolyn is hell bent on self promotion and has no clue about football. Business yes, before she joined it would surprise me if she knew the ball was round. Jr is obsessed with trophies to show off his cash, Carolyn, Carolyn's breasts, Football Club, Villa, helicopter etc etc (and fair play, I'd love to be in his position) but his desire to show off what he's got gets in the way of sensible and informed decision making. Hymas is a builder with cash and knows no more than the rest of us on here and christ knows who the rest are anymore but last time I checked they were just nodding dogs and yes men. Still waiting for Sharpe to show his football knowledge, so far seems to have been blindsided by Coughlin and has yet to prove otherwise.

The only thought I'm willing to spare him is the thought that as a millionaire spending millions with no clue of the outcome, he's no better than the unemployed spending their benefits on scratchcards.

Of course theres blame on clough... Thats a ridiculous comment
HE picks the team & tactics.. He still has options.
Why not go 4-5-1 for example? Its obvious reid is tommy tank so just play cook/bowery up top with lapslie or charsley just behind, stick o'keefe at RB and move gordon to RW.. Thats just one example of a change.
Just saying "oh well hes inherited 11 duffers so its ok were crap" doesn't wash.
As for the JR/Hymas comments i kind of agree.. Hymas is a thug with money (for the record he once threatened to smash my brothers face in at county away 3 years ago for daring to criticise flitcroft before being dragged away by his mates) very professional.
JR seems to have lost the passion (and who could blame him), and blunders into one disaster to another.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:39 pm

The One wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:

Negative

Cannot comment did not watch for free cheating the club of revenue

Boring... Change the record
You make bellwhiff sound interesting
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:40 pm

The One wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:

Negative

£10 is too much for such dross... £0 is about right.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:58 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:

Negative

No fan scab fan
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:59 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:

Negative

Then you are no fan , scab fan
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:06 am

Insightful response the one
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:16 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
julianshatnasty wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:

Negative

Of course theres blame on clough... Thats a ridiculous comment
HE picks the team & tactics.. He still has options.
Why not go 4-5-1 for example? Its obvious reid is tommy tank so just play cook/bowery up top with lapslie or charsley just behind, stick o'keefe at RB and move gordon to RW.. Thats just one example of a change.
Just saying "oh well hes inherited 11 duffers so its ok were crap" doesn't wash.
As for the JR/Hymas comments i kind of agree.. Hymas is a thug with money (for the record he once threatened to smash my brothers face in at county away 3 years ago for daring to criticise flitcroft before being dragged away by his mates) very professional.
JR seems to have lost the passion (and who could blame him), and blunders into one disaster to another.

Not sure if your free stream is working properly or not Gaz but we’ve been playing 4-5–1 for the last three weeks.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum