{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

First come, first served?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: First come, first served?

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:02 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Social distancing has to remain in place, so that's two seats either side, and a row behind, empty. So as we discussed some months ago, it's just one seat in six approximately, which would be a capacity of 1500. But a bit more than that because some will be in households or bubbles and so sit together which would increase the capacity. I'm not sure it would get you to 2000 though.

A reminder of what David Sharpe said on Friday:
"We do have season tickets holders who want to return, some may not want to return, some may feel they don't want to risk it. So we have to find out of the 1600 season ticket holders we have we need to find out how many want to come.
"The first step would be a pilot event."
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=9969

I would guess it's right that some of the 1600 would not want to return, at least until the vaccine is more rolled out.

Either way, I doubt there would be that many tickets available to non season ticket holders.

Cambridge definitely didn't enforce social distancing on that terrace behind the goal - unless that was one big family. You know what they say about folk from the Fens.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:17 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Social distancing has to remain in place, so that's two seats either side, and a row behind, empty. So as we discussed some months ago, it's just one seat in six approximately, which would be a capacity of 1500. But a bit more than that because some will be in households or bubbles and so sit together which would increase the capacity. I'm not sure it would get you to 2000 though.

A reminder of what David Sharpe said on Friday:
"We do have season tickets holders who want to return, some may not want to return, some may feel they don't want to risk it. So we have to find out of the 1600 season ticket holders we have we need to find out how many want to come.
"The first step would be a pilot event."
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=9969

I would guess it's right that some of the 1600 would not want to return, at least until the vaccine is more rolled out.

Either way, I doubt there would be that many tickets available to non season ticket holders.

Cambridge definitely didn't enforce social distancing on that terrace behind the goal - unless that was one big family. You know what they say about folk from the Fens.

:lol:

yes, I mentioned that in my report. See also Carlisle's comment on this in my earlier post.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Just read London averaging over 2000 cases per day!!! Needs tier 3 right now
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:37 pm

The One wrote:Just read London averaging over 2000 cases per day!!! Needs tier 3 right now

Steady on. :roll:
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:05 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
The One wrote:Just read London averaging over 2000 cases per day!!! Needs tier 3 right now

Welcome to our world
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:16 pm

The One wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Welcome to our world

As far as I can work out being in Tier 2 or Tier 3 doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. In Tier 2 you can't have anyone in your house, go to the pub or meet anyone outside your household inside.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:57 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
The One wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Welcome to our world

As far as I can work out being in Tier 2 or Tier 3 doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. In Tier 2 you can't have anyone in your house, go to the pub or meet anyone outside your household inside.

Whats a pub ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:21 pm

The One wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
The One wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Welcome to our world

Whats a pub ?

It's like a public toilet with seats and tables to sit down while you wait your turn.
You can get a cup of tea if you wait for the kettle to boil.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:59 am

I remember the last time I went to t'pub, it was 15th Feb. We beat Newport 1 -0 in our scrabble for survival under GC. Prior to that we'd won just 3 home league games (one under GC) since the middle of April 2019. Scant reward for the home faithful in the 20 month period till now. T'is enough a drive a man/woman to drink. So pubs being shut has probably saved me hundreds.

Just looking back the signs of GC's inability were there for all to see.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:47 am

NorthLondonStag wrote:
The One wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Welcome to our world

You can go to the pub in tier 2 if you partake of a scotch egg or equivalent ( other meals are available ). :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:53 am

The problem being in tier 2 is that some pubs that served food were circumnavigating it quite easily.

Wetherspoons for instance, you could order a pint when you ordered on the app - and could do so until the food was served (usually conveniently about 45 minutes later) when the food you came with came with a pint anyway :lol:

As for London, nothing against the folk down there, but if Notts and my local area in Manchester are in tier 3 with lower numbers either there needs to be moved to level 3 or our areas need putting down to 2.

However, common sense and logic don't appear to be in the vocabulary of this government :x
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:07 am

I suppose the point that we are missing is that it isn’t just about numbers. The ability of the local hospitals and health services to cope also come into play.

This situation just highlights the difference in services between the North and South when it comes to spending money on the populace. We shouldn’t be complaining about tiers but demanding that the difference in facilities should be addressed. And that includes other public services like transport recreation etc. The distances we have to travel just to access an emergency department is a national disgrace and must cost numerous lives. And sorry if this sounds political but it’s not meant to be. All parties are equally to blame.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:13 am

Amber Andy wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
The One wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Welcome to our world

You can go to the pub in tier 2 if you partake of a scotch egg or equivalent ( other meals are available ). :D

You can and as it happens there were a lot of people in Highbury enjoying 'substantial meals' at about 4.30pm last Sunday when the North London derby was on. But you often have to book a table (who wants to book to go to a pub?!), you can't go with anyone outside your own household unless you sit outside freezing your bits off and then you have to wait for table service as well and order some food that (in my case) you don't really want. I'd rather sit at home in the warm and have a drink in front of the TV.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:17 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I suppose the point that we are missing is that it isn’t just about numbers. The ability of the local hospitals and health services to cope also come into play.

This situation just highlights the difference in services between the North and South when it comes to spending money on the populace. We shouldn’t be complaining about tiers but demanding that the difference in facilities should be addressed. And that includes other public services like transport recreation etc. The distances we have to travel just to access an emergency department is a national disgrace and must cost numerous lives. And sorry if this sounds political but it’s not meant to be. All parties are equally to blame.

I wouldn't disagree with that but would just add that having been in Kings Mill recently I'd say it was pretty decent and to me looked a lot better than some of the London hospitals I've visited.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:27 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I suppose the point that we are missing is that it isn’t just about numbers. The ability of the local hospitals and health services to cope also come into play.

I wouldn't disagree with that but would just add that having been in Kings Mill recently I'd say it was pretty decent and to me looked a lot better than some of the London hospitals I've visited.

Yes I can see that but it doesn’t matter how good the facilities are if it takes nearly an hour to get there from Newark etc. And that doesn’t take account of the time waiting for an ambulance in the first place. I know where I would rather be if I was unfortunate enough to need immediate emergency treatment.

I do understand that you can’t have facilities being under-used but there has to be a better balance.

Anyway back on topic, I can’t see us coming out of tier three anytime until spring so no crowds. I tell you it will cause trouble at t’mill dad.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:58 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
Jamie wrote:
The One wrote:
Kernow wrote:Got to get out of tier 3 first, not anytime soon

Possibly next week

Mansfield is now below the national average for weekly cases per 100,000. Fingers crossed.

I'd hope we do, I just cannot see it if we are being tarred as a county. Worksop Area is on the rise.

It's impossible to call. Some parts of Mansfield are way below the average, others way above. Same with Worksop, where some parts are better Mansfield and others more than 5 times the national average. Nottingham has anomalies everywhere, you can find areas with hardly any infections and some that are very high.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagsfan11 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:36 pm

It looks like Nottinghamshire will be remaining in tier 3. It’s a massive shame.
Stagsfan11
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bradders » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:04 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:It looks like Nottinghamshire will be remaining in tier 3. It’s a massive shame.

If you look at Essex and London on the map, they're much worse. But only Tier 2.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:08 pm

CORNWALL .... :thumbup:
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:07 pm

west country stag wrote:CORNWALL .... :thumbup:

One night in Devon ;) M People :lol:
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Bradders wrote:
Stagsfan11 wrote:It looks like Nottinghamshire will be remaining in tier 3. It’s a massive shame.

If you look at Essex and London on the map, they're much worse. But only Tier 2.

On case rates yes they are... but on hospital pressures, capacity and other factors they’re a few weeks behind. Their time will come but I can’t see notts coming out of tier 3 this side of Xmas with pressure on local and surrounding healthcare systems
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagsfan11 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:04 am

Bradders wrote:

London to be raised to tier 3 next week too apparently
Stagsfan11
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby acasman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Martin, you mentioned that every other row should be empty. I'm sure that wasn't the case last night at Spurs.
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:51 pm

acasman wrote:Martin, you mentioned that every other row should be empty. I'm sure that wasn't the case last night at Spurs.

One metre apart between spectators or households I think is required. Cambridge had two spare seats either side and a spare row behind and in front to achieve this. As far as I understood, this was how Mansfield sold the season tickets. There may be other ways to achieve it. I read about a chess board effect at some clubs.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:05 pm

Bradders wrote:

Until the 16th rethink.

I still believe the five day Christmas free for all will set us back another month.
Last edited by oldweststander on Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum