{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A team growing in confidence?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

A team growing in confidence?

Postby Stagland » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:18 am

Yes it’s one win, but we looked good in most parts.

In general we wasn’t that great against Dagenham but we grounded out a result.

We are miles ahead of where we were just over a month ago under GC.

I’m more than certain despite our poor squad that we will at least achieve a mid table finish.

COYS
Stagland
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: A team growing in confidence?

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:20 am

Part of the first half thought we were under a lot of pressure and looked a little clueless but coped well.

Second half we were brilliant and controlled it... impressed with how we kept winning it back and getting forward quickly and were never playing long balls for the sake of it, We pass it quite well.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:27 am

Confidence should be coming back

Two away wins to teams who have started the season well, our first home win against Daggers, seen games out to the end without conceding, Reid off the mark in the league, all of which are huge confidence boosts, some great defending - let the confidence keep growing and see where it takes us.

:coys:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:59 am

Is it to early for E I E I E I O UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :drummer: :drummer:

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:01 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Is it to early for E I E I E I O UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: :drummer: :drummer:

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:

Yes it is too early :lol: If we lose to Crawley, it'll be back to relegation talk again
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:03 pm

You could see how much that world class save from Stech meant to him when he tipped that long rage shot over the bar. He punched the air and celebrated like he scored. He made a few more handy saves too which will help him grow in confidence.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:21 pm

There's still the monkey of the first league home win to get off the back. Psychologically we won against a struggling conference side and needed 120 minutes to do it, any other season it would have been a draw and a replay. Get that elusive home league win out thebymway and then we will start to see big improvement. Expect to see some nerves still.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:28 pm

Tre Cool wrote:You could see how much that world class save from Stech meant to him when he tipped that long rage shot over the bar. He punched the air and celebrated like he scored. He made a few more handy saves too which will help him grow in confidence.

It was lovely to see wasn't it.

As someone who has been ready to criticise him, I was delighted with him and for him.

His saves won us the game as much as anything else we did last night.

Keep up that level of performance and there's no need to look elsewhere at all, no matter how hard Adam is pushing.

The clean sheet was huge.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:48 pm

broomo wrote:
Tre Cool wrote:You could see how much that world class save from Stech meant to him when he tipped that long rage shot over the bar. He punched the air and celebrated like he scored. He made a few more handy saves too which will help him grow in confidence.

As someone who has been ready to criticise him, I was delighted with him and for him.

Keep up that level of performance and there's no need to look elsewhere at all, no matter how hard Adam is pushing.

Whos adam?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:03 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
broomo wrote:

Whos adam?

Adam is autocorrect's version of Aiden ;-)
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Guilty i also had misgivings in Stech but i hold my hand up, he kept us in the game
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:11 am

bear 73 wrote:Guilty i also had misgivings in Stech but i hold my hand up, he kept us in the game

Thing is Conrad did too, but his next error of judgement had the vultures on here circling faster than you'd credit. Non Stech's now the same and only flawless performances and a consistent prolonged run of custodiancy will ever rid him of the 'flapper' stigma.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:34 am

To some a player is only as good as his last bad game (the boo boy), to others a player is only as good as his last good game (the fan favourite) and most a player is only as good as his last few games.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum