{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Camb Utd scorefred sponsored by Lockdowns's over.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Camb Utd scorefred sponsored by Lockdowns's over.

Postby The One » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:22 am

Sedgwick wrote:
lifestags wrote:he didnt do the job he was asked to do ie hold it up, instead kept losing the ball. If that was Bowery we would not hear the last of it.

He was on three minutes..... :?

With the other posts I make that 9 minutes :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:23 am

He wasn't on 3 minutes, he was on at least 10. Either way in that situation your not asking him to do something special but to do what Reid had done for 80 mins prior and keep the ball and do his running. Around the 87th Min you could hear NC screaming at him to close the ball down, 5 mins after coming on.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:26 am

Not to take away from the fantastic victory by the way, I think having fans in, even when we have none will lift the players and I think it showed on Wednesday.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:57 am

lifestags wrote:Just want to make a point of how good Charsley has been for us, hes clearly a centre mid and is a square peg in a round hole but works his socks off and is chipping in with assists and goals.

Negative note as no one will say it on here as his name isnt Bowery but Maynard was shocking when he came on last night, had it 3 times, lost it 3 times.
?

Re Maynard, think you need to wake up, shake your head and look around. The goals are not constantly flowing this season from the lad but we've not been creating that many chances and those we have created have fallen for the likes of Bowery and to a less extent Cook to miss.

Maynard is a good footballer, not lazy as some like to think.

Not sure how long you've been around lifestags but you have still got much to learn about football.

Sorry to rant.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:13 am

Bore off,

Its people like you that let him off with raspberry displays, you come on when your teams under the cosh, the least I would expect from my striker is to keep hold of the ball and do his running, im not bothered about his goals or chances being created at that point.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:21 am

To be fair to all subs, coming on with 10 minutes or so to go , it takes time to adjust to the pace of the game and 10 minutes in the frantic atmosphere of someone chasing a goal, means fresh legs doing the basic required to secure the result.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:33 am

bear 73 wrote:To be fair to all subs, coming on with 10 minutes or so to go , it takes time to adjust to the pace of the game and 10 minutes in the frantic atmosphere of someone chasing a goal, means fresh legs doing the basic required to secure the result.
I was chuffed we managed to hold onto a lead going into the last 10/15 minutes of a game and obviously chuffed with the clean sheet.
Makes a nice change as we have conceded very late in ALL the previous 6 league games when ahead at 75 minutes.

Colchester Utd (Home) 1-0 up turned into 1-1
Forest Green (Away) 2-0 up turned into 2-1
Bolton (Away) 1-0 up turned into 1-1
Newport (Away) 1-0 up turned into 1-2
Leyton Orient (Away) 2-0 up turned into 2-2
Northampton (Away) 2-0 up turned into 2-1
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:41 am

bear 73 wrote:To be fair to all subs, coming on with 10 minutes or so to go , it takes time to adjust to the pace of the game and 10 minutes in the frantic atmosphere of someone chasing a goal, means fresh legs doing the basic required to secure the result.

I tend to agree. Having come on as sub in a few games in my footballing days, it’s very hard to get into the pace of the game no matter how much you’ve warmed up.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:42 am

I think Dan Worthington does have a point. He did lose the ball a couple of times, but equally, he was up there on his own when they were pressing.

We had an excellent opportunity to make it 2, all charsley had to do was lay it right to Bowery and he decided to shoot instead. Little decisions.... But we held out
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:53 am

Dan does have a valid point about Nicky Maynard. I made the same point above:

"Nicky Maynard did not do that well when he came on as a sub and did not provide any extra energy. He also gave the ball away three or four times. I would bring Tyrese Sinclair on for the last 5-10 minutes as he will chase balls put in behind and in the corners; and win free kicks up the pitch."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:53 pm

lifestags wrote:Bore off,

Its people like you that let him off with raspberry displays, you come on when your teams under the cosh, the least I would expect from my striker is to keep hold of the ball and do his running, im not bothered about his goals or chances being created at that point.

Tough, my opinion, your opinion, so what.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:00 pm

Shock Oldwestander stag is being stubborn again. No debating with you. So old fashioned and boring.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:10 pm

lifestags wrote:Shock Oldwestander stag is being stubborn again. No debating with you. So old fashioned and boring.

You were right , Maynard came on in 82nd minute.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:40 pm

Seems your toys are out of the pram lifestags.

No debate, you don't rate Maynard, I do, what is there to debate?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:47 pm

Fair, Its not that I dont rate Maynard just didn't think he did well the other night. Im sure he will be back to his sharp self soon.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:26 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:27 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Thought he was rubbish first half but wow second half he was the midfielder we have needed for a long time.
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum