{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What a miserable lot many of you are

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

What a miserable lot many of you are

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:57 pm

I hardly post on here nowadays. There is so much negativity.
Certainly not a welcoming place for a “glass half full” individual like me!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Re: What a miserable lot many of you are

Postby geoffhill » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:08 pm

Agree.We are not that far of from being a decent side a few additions in January and we will be moving up the table.I would like to see Stone given a run out.From what I have seen he looks to be a better overall keeper than Stech.Nigel will sort it out.Maynard must be the first choice striker as he is a natural goalscorer.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:10 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I hardly post on here nowadays. There is so much negativity.

The problem is with this place, if you don't personally see what a player brings to the side, people (who don't even watch) assume you hate them then come after you.

People will also take someones opinion as fact and tell them they're wrong for feeling a certain way, or will dismiss someones opinions without offering reasoning as to why they may feel different which then results in petty arguments.

Lots of positives from todays game to take forward, and I think the feeling from almost all is Nigel will slowly take us forward.

Lets use this thread as a positivity thread :lol: :coys:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:12 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I hardly post on here nowadays. There is so much negativity.

The problem is with this place, if you don't personally see what a player brings to the side, people (who don't even watch) assume you hate them then come after you.

People will also take someones opinion as fact and tell them they're wrong for feeling a certain way, or will dismiss someones opinions without offering reasoning as to why they may feel different which then results in petty arguments.

Lots of positives from todays game to take forward, and I think the feeling from almost all is Nigel will slowly take us forward.

Lets use this thread as a positivity thread :lol: :coys:

Shut it Sedgwick :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Agreed.... Were all ungrateful, spoiled, self righteous, impatient fans now who have forgot how good we actually have it even though it wasnt that long ago we had the shenanigans of Haslam, Perry, no ground, nearly went bust, had 5 years of non league football, played teams who players only clocked off from maccy ds 90 mins before kick off, faced teams who only bought a man and a dog as support, turned up to stadiums what make the local rec look more proffesional...ect....ect.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:26 pm

Yes Edders you were always a ray of sunshine :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Still in the cup, the team seem to be turning for the better and Edders is back.

Maybe not such a bad end to the year after all.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:35 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Still in the cup, the team seem to be turning for the better and Edders is back.

Maybe not such a bad end to the year after all.

:D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:36 pm

People see the scoreline and automatically say terrible, rubbish etc. Just look at the state of that Facebook group we have for ‘supporters’. It’s pathetic.

We played well today and created lots of chances. The only thing that badly let us down was the finishing, and some good defending by Dagenham. Some are saying it was the worst performance all season. They just love criticising.

It’s never ‘so and so had a bit of a below average game today’, it’s ‘so and so is the worst player we’ve ever had’, this is the worst side I’ve ever seen’ etc. More and more reactionary every week.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:38 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:People see the scoreline and automatically say terrible, rubbish etc. Just look at the state of that Facebook group we have for ‘supporters’. It’s pathetic.

We played well today and created lots of chances. The only thing that badly let us down was the finishing, and some good defending by Dagenham. Some are saying it was the worst performance all season. They just love criticising.

It’s never ‘so and so had a bit of a below average game today’, it’s ‘so and so is the worst player we’ve ever had’, this is the worst side I’ve ever seen’ etc. More and more reactionary every week.

It must be something in the local water!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:39 pm

Welcome back, Edders! (Can't go back to savoury now!)
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:41 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:Welcome back, Edders! (Can't go back to savoury now!)
:o
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:41 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:People see the scoreline and automatically say terrible, rubbish etc. Just look at the state of that Facebook group we have for ‘supporters’. It’s pathetic.

Wow. Those saying worst performance of the season didn't see the Bradford or Barrow games!

Like you say about reactionary, everyone was singing Bowerys praises against Sunderland, yet within 10 minutes today he was being slagged off to high heaven when he missed a chance

Welcome back Edders
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:01 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Wow. Those saying worst performance of the season didn't see the Bradford or Barrow games!

Like you say about reactionary, everyone was singing Bowerys praises against Sunderland, yet within 10 minutes today he was being slagged off to high heaven when he missed a chance

Welcome back Edders

In fairness he had a cracker against Sunderland.

It’s just a shame that for pretty much all of the rest of the season he’s totally out of his depth.

Agreed we’re not far off a decent side, someone commanding in midfield, get rid of cook and Bowery - get a couple of forwards that know what a football and a goal looks like and happy days.

Delighted we finally got through after that performance, hopefully a home win (however dire the game was) will provide some confidence
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:08 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Welcome back Edders

It’s just a shame that for pretty much all of the rest of the season he’s totally out of his depth.

Agreed we’re not far off a decent side, someone commanding in midfield, get rid of cook and Bowery - get a couple of forwards that know what a football and a goal looks like and happy days.

Delighted we finally got through after that performance, hopefully a home win (however dire the game was) will provide some confidence

Hyperbolic statements like this are insane. Out of his depth, yet got an assist for the first goal and forced the save that led to Maynard scoring.

Terrible stuff
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:15 pm

Don't have facebook anymore but Is that facebook group still going? :lol: I got banned for calling out someones bull knowledge on transfers and blocked when I was proven right, got sent all sorts of abuse from the stags ultras.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:17 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Don't have facebook anymore but Is that facebook group still going? :lol: I got banned for calling out someones bull knowledge on transfers and blocked when I was proven right, got sent all sorts of abuse from the stags ultras.

That group is toxic
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:17 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:
adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Welcome back Edders

Hyperbolic statements like this are insane. Out of his depth, yet got an assist for the first goal and forced the save that led to Maynard scoring.

Terrible stuff

Look, it’s one for positives - we got through eventually today and that’s the main thing. We got a home win, that’s the main thing - 2 things which could have big bearings on our season. Hopefully will allow us to push on.

But going back to the forward options, no they’re not good enough - Bowery isn’t good enough - that’s pretty obvious - like smack you in the face obvious - and cook didn’t really show anything today sadly. As said in the original post get in a couple of forwards and it’ll make a big difference - had we had that today we’d have won easily in 90 minutes.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:18 pm

The One wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

That group is toxic

Oh yeah. Stay well clear of that! Not good
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:21 pm

So in summary.

Martin and Dean aren't that bad :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:23 pm

adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

That group is toxic

Stags Ultras??? What the bloody hell are they?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:27 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

That group is toxic

It’s certainly an intriguing group, that’s for sure.

Also, I don’t get the point of folk having a problem with others having a difference of opinion - that’s what boards and groups are for. Some might (and do) think I chat raspberries - I think others chat raspberries and don’t agree - but that’s the nature of the beast - it’s meant for debate and opinion over something we all have the same love for.

When folk are abused or blocked etc for having that difference of opinion that’s when the line should be drawn and acknowledged it’s not acceptable
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:50 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

That group is toxic

horrible chavvy raspberries that save all their pocket money for months to buy a stone island top... :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 am

:D Glad i am not one of the many :lol:

Welcome back Edders :thumbup:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:56 am

Excellent.
My favourite form of Stagsnettery....

A post moaning about people moaning :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum