{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What a miserable lot many of you are

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: What a miserable lot many of you are

Postby Old amber » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 am

Football fans are notorious for moaning because of one simple reason they are passionate and only want the best for their team... ok some of the stuff that’s put on the stagsmoan is very sharp in comments. If it make us all happy being miserable then I’m happy being miserable.it passes time on in these miserable times.
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Wilfred » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:24 am

Morning Edders,

My old, retired friend T U O'Malsah and I welcome you back.

Wilfred.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:25 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Excellent.
My favourite form of Stagsnettery....

A post moaning about people moaning :D

Shut up Cunno :D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:00 pm

Wilfred wrote:Morning Edders,

My old, retired friend T U O'Malsah and I welcome you back.

Wilfred.

That backward friend haslam out. Sure I remember him.
Been to a few games with paul nyland and his friends, Brentford weekend away being one of them.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Since GC has gone, Bowery has played well. He is never going to be a 20 - goal a season player, more like a 20 -assist player.

Maynard, or whoever is partner is where our problems are. We need Nicky to find his form again and we will start to climb the table.

What a refreshing change yesterday was with us scoring a last minute winner rather than conceding.

Hopefully our confidence will start to come back and a plumb third round tie should help that
:coys:

In fairness he had a cracker against Sunderland.

It’s just a shame that for pretty much all of the rest of the season he’s totally out of his depth.

Agreed we’re not far off a decent side, someone commanding in midfield, get rid of cook and Bowery - get a couple of forwards that know what a football and a goal looks like and happy days.

Delighted we finally got through after that performance, hopefully a home win (however dire the game was) will provide some confidence[/quote]
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Eh up Edders me owd.

Good to have you back.

(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby RudyDude » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:07 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:People see the scoreline and automatically say terrible, rubbish etc. Just look at the state of that Facebook group we have for ‘supporters’. It’s pathetic.

We played well today and created lots of chances. The only thing that badly let us down was the finishing, and some good defending by Dagenham. Some are saying it was the worst performance all season. They just love criticising.

It’s never ‘so and so had a bit of a below average game today’, it’s ‘so and so is the worst player we’ve ever had’, this is the worst side I’ve ever seen’ etc. More and more reactionary every week.

Wow. Those saying worst performance of the season didn't see the Bradford or Barrow games!

Like you say about reactionary, everyone was singing Bowerys praises against Sunderland, yet within 10 minutes today he was being slagged off to high heaven when he missed a chance

Welcome back Edders

In fairness he had a cracker against Sunderland.

It’s just a shame that for pretty much all of the rest of the season he’s totally out of his depth.

Agreed we’re not far off a decent side, someone commanding in midfield, get rid of cook and Bowery - get a couple of forwards that know what a football and a goal looks like and happy days.

Delighted we finally got through after that performance, hopefully a home win (however dire the game was) will provide some confidence

Well done Edders for your cracker against Sunderland but I'm sure we're all pleased with your transfer back to Stagsnet.

:mtfc:
BLACK LIVES MATTER so I applaud players 'taking a knee'
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby Old timer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:35 pm

I'm a miserable bogger so have jumped in too prematurely in the past but I have learned my lesson. I don't jump in during the games now and I will give praise where it is due and try and not be so negative. i think Nigel Clough is an amazing positive but we have to give him a chance. What an incredible appointment but this current oil tanker will take an enormous amount of turning around.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:28 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

F#*k off Bellwhiff :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby RudyDude » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:52 pm

The first man he gets up and he says 'well can I have a say'?

Singing, men on fire pray for rain
Who are madmen, who is sane?

:mtfc:
BLACK LIVES MATTER so I applaud players 'taking a knee'
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

F#*k off Bellwhiff :D

:D :D :D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:35 pm

We are improving but looking at table and Scunthorpe games in hand we need to put at least 3 wins on the board back to back and yes we passed it around well but clearly struggle to score more than an odd goal
Nige will sort Iam sure but it’s a big job
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:29 am

tillydog123 wrote:We are improving but looking at table and Scunthorpe games in hand we need to put at least 3 wins on the board back to back and yes we passed it around well but clearly struggle to score more than an odd goal
Nige will sort Iam sure but it’s a big job

Indeed mate.. I'm sat looking at the table now and thinking back to 2008...i remember every week thinking "we'll be fine" & "we've got the players to stay up" no problems but then all of a sudden your games are running out and your dodgy keeper has just been beat from 35 yards to more or less send you down to footballing hell! Even with mickey bouldings 22 goals we still fell short by 5 points.
Hate to say it but I'm getting that same feeling at the moment.. We need to start picking up points Fast because if scunny send us into the bottom 2 tonite it's gunna be a long long way back.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:34 am

:D Merry Christmas Edders and to all Stagsnet members .

Well done Martin and moderators for keeping us in check :lol: :drummer: :guitar: :rocker:

:mtfc: :coys: :mansfield_till_i_die: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:28 pm

Football fans are a fickle bunch every thing is short term, we always had debates in the pub, at the ground or on the coach going to and from games, now we have the internet.
And we hear many more opinions , and some are just wind up merchants. The times have changed with more owner involvement in team affairs, and the fans embrace having a bad run of results rectified by changing the manager, and this makes bad owners free from blame. Some Mansfield fans cannot wait till the end of Jan , to start proportioning blame.
Clough will start from the basic infrastructure of the club, Academy, Playing squad, Ground, Expectations and budget to achieve it, and when he leaves like all his other clubs.
Mansfield Town will be in a better position than when he came. The fans have been told improvement will not be on a short term quick fix, but a process of putting the pieces together like a
jig saw puzzle., First stage avoid relegation and we have 27 games left to achieve this and a 4pt cushion, with a transfer window in Jan . so lets not panic just yet.
Miserable not a good word , disappointment always when we lose, excitement when we win,, Most fans do keep the goal set for a 46 game season
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum