{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Martin and Dean

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:40 pm

broomo wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Broomo, you are a welcome new supporter and part of the Stagsnet family.

Having the odd spat with Belly is kind of a right of passage that most of us have been through over the years.

To be fair to him though, he has supported the club for decades and will continue to do so long after both Cloughie (and you) has moved on.

Instead of fanning the flames, just ignore the stuff he says that you don't agree with and engage with the stuff you find worthwhile.

That's what the rest of us do with each other*, and occasionally we find common ground.

I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:

*Most of the time!

The daft thing is, if he gave me time to get my feet under the table and he loves the club aa much as you say (therefore presumably defends the players, manager and owners to the hilt) he'd probably find me singing from the same hymn sheet as him.

It's the garbage "you're not one of us" so you're not entitled to an opinion that sets my back up.

I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel but what I can guarantee is that from the second I knew he was comimg, straight away I immersed myself into all things Mansfield Town, studied the squad of players and started watching the opposition. There won't be anyone on here who wants success for you more than I want success for you.

Football is my life. I spend an awful lot of time watching and researching and I want to come on here and be able to post freely, based on the honest view of how I see things. To have those views dismissed just because I haven't been a Mansfield fan my whole life, is frankly pathetic.

Also if everyone has to go through this rite of passage with Belly, then maybe Belly needs to ask himself why.

I'll show him the same level of respect he shows me, which so far is zero. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot and things will get better the longer I'm here.

COYS's.

You’re the one that got your tits out because I quoted one of your posts as an example

You’re the one that seems to think we should all be grateful that you’ve honoured us all with your presence. You aren’t a Mansfield fan. You’re a Clough fan. Those are mutual things but only for the moment. As pointed out, I and the rest will be here when you’ve moved on. Maybe if you didn’t get so precious and take offence so easily then we would be in a better place. If you want a war on here, I’ll give you one. Up to you.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:45 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Broomo, you are a welcome new supporter and part of the Stagsnet family.

Having the odd spat with Belly is kind of a right of passage that most of us have been through over the years.

To be fair to him though, he has supported the club for decades and will continue to do so long after both Cloughie (and you) has moved on.

Instead of fanning the flames, just ignore the stuff he says that you don't agree with and engage with the stuff you find worthwhile.

That's what the rest of us do with each other*, and occasionally we find common ground.

*Most of the time!

The daft thing is, if he gave me time to get my feet under the table and he loves the club aa much as you say (therefore presumably defends the players, manager and owners to the hilt) he'd probably find me singing from the same hymn sheet as him.

It's the garbage "you're not one of us" so you're not entitled to an opinion that sets my back up.

I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel but what I can guarantee is that from the second I knew he was comimg, straight away I immersed myself into all things Mansfield Town, studied the squad of players and started watching the opposition. There won't be anyone on here who wants success for you more than I want success for you.

Football is my life. I spend an awful lot of time watching and researching and I want to come on here and be able to post freely, based on the honest view of how I see things. To have those views dismissed just because I haven't been a Mansfield fan my whole life, is frankly pathetic.

Also if everyone has to go through this rite of passage with Belly, then maybe Belly needs to ask himself why.

I'll show him the same level of respect he shows me, which so far is zero. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot and things will get better the longer I'm here.

COYS's.

You’re the one that got your tits out because I quoted one of your posts as an example

You’re the one that seems to think we should all be grateful that you’ve honoured us all with your presence. You aren’t a Mansfield fan. You’re a Clough fan. Those are mutual things but only for the moment. As pointed out, I and the rest will be here when you’ve moved on. Maybe if you didn’t get so precious and take offence so easily then we would be in a better place. If you want a war on here, I’ll give you one. Up to you.

Stop the abuse now please. The One Moderator
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:54 pm

The One wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:

*Most of the time!

COYS's.

Stop the abuse now please. The One Moderator

If Belly stopped the abuse he would never actually post.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:00 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:

*Most of the time!

COYS's.

Man alive!!!
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:10 pm

I love bell boys enthusiastic reply’s regarding anything MTFC but in truth I’ve eaten more hot half time meat pies than he’s attended the mill .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:25 pm

The funny thing is, Broomo has probably watched us play more than Belly has in the last 5 seasons.

Every thread is becoming being brought into an argument again and the board bully tends to be at the centre of most of them.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:36 pm

The One Moderator: Why not make your job easy and just eject bullyboy Bellwhiff? His nasty and stupid put downs are as predictable as they are boring.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:50 pm

Waheeeey.
Its the annual get Belly banned thread.
Was worried we were gonna miss out this year. :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:53 pm

FarnieStag wrote:The One Moderator: Why not make your job easy and just eject bullyboy Bellwhiff? His nasty and stupid put downs are as predictable as they are boring.

Please don't.
I've just bought two bags of popcorn.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Waheeeey.
Its the annual get Belly banned thread.
Was worried we were gonna miss out this year. :D

It’s time to dig that ban jumper out. :D

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Billy the fish wrote:I love bell boys enthusiastic reply’s regarding anything MTFC but in truth I’ve eaten more hot half time meat pies than he’s attended the mill .

I probably watched more games there by the age of 16 than you’ve had hot dinners

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:11 pm

broomo wrote:I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel.

I think you are his son ;)

kevin kents tasce wrote:I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:

That was the only time you’ve ever been right on here ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:16 pm

:) Son ,that would be William then ;)

Or could be is daughter Helena :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:36 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:I love bell boys enthusiastic reply’s regarding anything MTFC but in truth I’ve eaten more hot half time meat pies than he’s attended the mill .

I probably watched more games there by the age of 16 than you’ve had hot dinners

But that was at least 40 years ago, so our piscine shot stopper has had plenty of time to catch up. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) Son ,that would be William then ;)

I'm not his son, or his daughter.

I don't hide behind a user name, it's pretty easy to track me down.

Honestly? I wish I'd not bothered registering, I thought I'd bring a bit of insight into his thinking, his style of play and his transfers but as always, there's at least one who gets his knickers in a twist.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:00 pm

broomo wrote:

Honestly? I wish I'd not bothered registering, I thought I'd bring a bit of insight into his thinking, his style of play and his transfers but as always, there's at least one who gets his knickers in a twist.

When i worked down the pit .

Told the lads that i could not wait to get home to get the wife's knickers off ;) Because they where Killing me :lol:

The old ones are always the best :oops:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Absolutely no idea why some would have a go at 2 die hard fans for being “too passionate” what a nonsense, give your head a shake.

Martin does the commentary well, does research on the game beforehand, travels up from Surrey to do so and there’s clowns out there who wouldn’t have a clue how to do it moaning he’s too passionate.

Lord almighty.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Broomo, I welcome your input and I welcome you as a new fan to the world's most disappointing football club.

Re Bella, every couple of weeks he gets a semi and doesn't know what to do with it. He tries to get rid of it by trotting out the same overused overtired army insults to anyone whose opinion is one standard deviation away from his.

Saying that, I do think he adds a bit of zing to the place.

Re the reason for this thread. I don't know why anyone would call out the work and effort Martin and Dean put in, for free. Stay classy guys, it's top work.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bux46 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Broomo I for one enjoy your input and I am looking forward to your views when the transfers start

Best wishes .... try ( I know it's hard ) and ignore them
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:17 pm

For once in my life I agree with Bux.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:31 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:No-one is saying that they should stop or criticising the efforts they put in.

I agree that on the whole Martin does a really good job.

Just pointing out that their description of the game sometimes offers little resemblance to what is actually happening. If the game is being listened to and not watched then this is a problem, especially when listeners pay for the service.

Stop over reacting to a bit of feedback that should be seen as an opportunity to improve the product.

I think that's the most insulting comment that could be made to a commentator or reporter. The job is to relay to the listener what is going on and I do my best to do that faithfully. I've been doing match reports for a long time and I'd like to think they are generally respected. Of course not everyone is going to agree, that's obvious, because everyone has their own opinion. What goes in the report is essentially a repeat of what I say in commentary, just condensed down.

Martin that so many read your match reports and agree speaks volumes though football is extremely subjective and based upon opinions. How often do people stand in a bar, pint in hand, after the match discussing the 90 minutes, especially old friends sat next to each other, say, ‘What game were you watching?’.

If Kevin Kent’s tache wants to be sat where an opinion does not reflect the game, I will swap seats with him. 90 minutes with Big Yella and Old Ram Stag will make him change his mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if just one of your ref mates could actually have a half decent game we might shut up. But I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:51 am

I've stood with Spartacus 15 years or more now, and he's justified every refereeing decision given against us during that time, he's so far up the refs Jacksy we need an endoscopy to see him post March.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:24 am

broomo wrote:

Ignore what i say Broomo just got over active mind ;)

Since you came on you made it quiet clear where you stood in relation to following Nigel's career .

I do read your your posts and enjoy your input and content of your posts .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:53 am

FarnieStag wrote:The One Moderator: Why not make your job easy and just eject bullyboy Bellwhiff? His nasty and stupid put downs are as predictable as they are boring.

No no no, I love Wolfy. I mostly agree with his points.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby victor A block » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Broomo, I also have enjoyed your contributions.
It isnt a p***ing competition to see whose has been a fan the longest.
The club and supporters should welcome new fans. I didn't realise we had so many that there was a waiting list to join and we don't need anymore.
Keep contributing.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum