{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Martin and Dean

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Dan wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Broomo's insight and stories etc about Burton have been great to read... Cant wait until Nigel has been here a bit longer and its time to sign some players.

I agree, he's been a very welcome addition to the forum in my opinion.

It's good to see discussion about the stags and not just a bit of name calling

Irony alert :shock:

man baby strikes again
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:59 pm

Welcome to Craig (Broomo), Bear and to all other Clough, Forest, Derby or Burton fans posting on Stagsnet. It's always interesting to get other people's opinions on the games, players and the manager and perhaps one day we can even meet up and enjoy a chat over a beer or coffee at Field Mill whilst we cheer Nigel and the Stags on to a promotion from League 2.

Keep posting.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:25 pm

[ tongue in cheek ] see you at Easter
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:19 pm

bear 73 wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I know who Broomo is.

Is he Rebekah Vardy?

Could belly boy just reply if he must to the content of a post, and not to try to belittle the person who gave their opinion,, insults are cheap and not constructive.
Johnny come lately is a nice name wish i had thought about it., must have caught you on a off day, being banned on twitter takes some doing only normally reserved for real dick heads.
so i can see why abusing the poster is more fun, than actually commenting on the content of a post, one thing i would request is broomo stick to football and not be drawn into a rant with a problem child

Maybe read it back. I quoted him as saying the keeper made a mistake. He did make one. I used the quote as an example of the pack mentality on here. Maybe looking back I should have picked a different one seeing as he got so defensive. If I’d realised he had the painters in then I’d have saved him a Manpon and quoted someone else.

OK, Hondo ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:55 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I know who Broomo is.

Is he Rebekah Vardy?

Could belly boy just reply if he must to the content of a post, and not to try to belittle the person who gave their opinion,, insults are cheap and not constructive.
Johnny come lately is a nice name wish i had thought about it., must have caught you on a off day, being banned on twitter takes some doing only normally reserved for real dick heads.
so i can see why abusing the poster is more fun, than actually commenting on the content of a post, one thing i would request is broomo stick to football and not be drawn into a rant with a problem child

Maybe read it back. I quoted him as saying the keeper made a mistake. He did make one. I used the quote as an example of the pack mentality on here. Maybe looking back I should have picked a different one seeing as he got so defensive. If I’d realised he had the painters in then I’d have saved him a Manpon and quoted someone else.

OK, Hondo ?

This was my reply to your howling masses quote.

Since THIS reply you've been on the attack and you call me touchy and over sensitive?

"I'm hardly the howling masses mate, calm down a bit eh?

I watched every game and my own feeling is he comes for things he doesn't need to come for too often.

I'm not the manager though, so have no say in whether he plays or not. He's made some great saves the past 3 games and i did say he's been very good since the manager got here, so I'm hardly hammering him.

It was a big mistake."

Let's just agree to let sleeping dogs lie and concentrate on the football eh? It's getting ridiculous.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Pleased you are still posting Broomo.

Keep it up bud.

And you are correct, best to keep it to the football.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:38 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Pleased you are still posting Broomo.

Keep it up bud.

And you are correct, best to keep it to the football.

I really look forward to his insight, and Im still over the moon Nigel is our manager

Broomo, do you talk to Nigel or keep in touch?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Old timer » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Back to topic and I have myself in the past volunteered in my own time and cost to do stuff and my answer to all those people who deride the volunteers is why don't you do it yourself if you think you can do it any better. I wasn't a professional, I made mistakes. I'm sure the opportunity is there for anyone else who would like to step forward and put themselves into the firing line.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bradders » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Martin has a great talent for match commentary and analysis and I hope that he doesn't get demoralised by negative feedback. Just out of interest, do all clubs have a couple of fans doing the commentary? If not, who do they use?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Maybe we should give them phrases to slip into commentary like They challenged Michael Gambon to get in Claudia Schiffera knickers into every answer in an interview.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:52 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Maybe we should give them phrases to slip into commentary like They challenged Michael Gambon to get in Claudia Schiffera knickers into every answer in an interview.

Didn't the England squad do this with chart songs at a World Cup?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:52 pm

I wish Dean keeps his gob shut , he's like a parrot .. every game !
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Dean infuriates me. Sorry Martin, he's a fan like the rest of us and I'm not claiming I could do better, but he talks drivel. I had to switch to the away commentary, strains his words like he's desperate for the loo.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:03 pm

88BenM wrote:Dean infuriates me. Sorry Martin, he's a fan like the rest of us and I'm not claiming I could do better, but he talks drivel. I had to switch to the away commentary, strains his words like he's desperate for the loo.

spot on .... same raspberry every game , very poor at commentating !
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:04 pm

I say chaps, you’re not allowed to say that.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:19 pm

Negative for Dean tonight, didn’t feel like he needed to say “we’re desperate for a bit of quality” from every single free kick.

Did my head in, not gona lie.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:34 pm

lifestags wrote:Negative for Dean tonight, didn’t feel like he needed to say “we’re desperate for a bit of quality” from every single free kick.

Gona Lambu
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:35 pm

lifestags wrote:Negative for Dean tonight, didn’t feel like he needed to say “we’re desperate for a bit of quality” from every single free kick.

At least Harrogate scored early, so we didn't have to hear that it was "gutting". I have to agree that although he adds local colour and I wouldn't do better, the cliches have piled up a bit too high.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:38 pm

I get that commentators bounce off each other, but it’s like Martin says something, then Dean doesn’t bounce, he rolls, and keeps rolling, often in circles around Martin and eventually stops thankfully
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Martin is a really good commentator. Deans commentary annoys the life out of me. He's probably a nice bloke but an annoying and rubbish co commentator. He says the same boring things week in week out. Can someone else have a go? I'm sure there is somebody better out there.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 pm

I'd love to invite ex players or injured players etc from time to time

Where's that Craig priest lad, thought he was ok at commentary
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:46 pm

Sedgwick wrote:I'd love to invite ex players or injured players etc from time to time

This.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:28 pm

i’d be banned inside 5 minutes of commentating on that drivel
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:36 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i’d be banned inside 5 minutes of commentating on that drivel

I'd have fallen asleep at the microphone and then toppled off my seat it was so utterly rubbish.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:37 pm

Stoney wrote:Martin is a really good commentator. Deans commentary annoys the life out of me. He's probably a nice bloke but an annoying and rubbish co commentator. He says the same boring things week in week out. Can someone else have a go? I'm sure there is somebody better out there.

Agree. Martin's brother was very good (weren't he?).
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum