{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Martin and Dean

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:01 am

ST4GS wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Terrible. Irritating and kept getting genuinely excited when Cheltenham had chances, particularly towards the end. I don’t know if he was local or not sure to Covid restrictions.
On the plus side thought the FA player picture quality and camera angle was much better than ifollow.

I had trouble streaming from android phone to firestick during the entire second half so gave up (the first half was watchable but the frame rate seemed very low causing the ball to appear to jump around rather than a slick movement, my tv is a one year old LG smart OLED and brilliant with SKY Q so it must have been a streaming issue as my internet is around 70 mb/s with around 3 users taking up the bandwidth). I can stream adequately without issues using other apps (Disney +, Amazon prime Video etc)
I know we are out of the cup now but in future should I stream direct from TV's browser (rather than screen share option) as the TV and firestick does not have the FA Player app available?

That's what I did mate, just used the LG browser, worked perfectly for the whole game. I watch ifollow the same way.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:49 pm

bux46 wrote:The only gripe I have is ... you said in a commentary that you have to mention the sponsors my question is why ?? the other night when Stags made 5 subs I thought my computer had logged in to channel 4 adverts ... Gripe over ...
PS ... Some time back I flicked over to the away commentary but was soon back with our deadly duo ..
Keep up the outstanding work fellas

They're called sponsors. They are paying money in difficult circumstances to keep our club afloat.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:38 pm

James wrote:
bux46 wrote:The only gripe I have is ... you said in a commentary that you have to mention the sponsors my question is why ?? the other night when Stags made 5 subs I thought my computer had logged in to channel 4 adverts ... Gripe over ...
PS ... Some time back I flicked over to the away commentary but was soon back with our deadly duo ..
Keep up the outstanding work fellas

They're called sponsors. They are paying money in difficult circumstances to keep our club afloat.

I agree, it’s basically a list of people we should be thanking :thumbup:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Dean is really annoying me tonight. Droning on. We get it, weve missed a few headers
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:15 pm

Jeez. Still going on about it
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:48 pm

Rather have Dean than that annoying raspberry from Sunday
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Rather have Dean than that annoying raspberry from Sunday

Usually doesnt bother me.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:12 pm

The page needs a new title, ‘Dean Martin’
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:19 pm

Should have listened to co commentator from Oldham commentary tonight. Pure comedy gold :D
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Uncle » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:22 pm

I have just read the Mal Benning 200 club thread and suggest that anyone who has an issue with the iFollow commentaries, especially Dean's contribution, listen to the video'd goal again. The way they lose their minds and Dean screaming as Martin shouts his head off leads me to believe that those 10 seconds were probably the most ecstatic they've ever had after a Stags goal. Every time I see that goal, I rewind it about 6 or 7 times just to hear them ose it. Brilliant.
Even if you've got your doubters...... good. F*#$ 'em.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum