{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fans allowed back?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fans allowed back?

Postby SM1970 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:24 am

Dan wrote:
SM1970 wrote:Dan....YAWN!!!!

Bless, someone else with multiple usernames, I wonder who you could be :lol:

No idea Dan... but I do know that the abusive private messages you sent me will be forwarded on... particularly to the local media outlets that you reckon you run!!!
Sad little man
SM1970
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:33 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Sorry to be mister negative but weekly cases up to 15th November were higher in Mansfield, Ashfield and Bassetlaw than they were in the week we were put into tier 3 before the current lockdown started.
Notts Director for Public Health said on Friday that there was a modest reduction in case numbers in the county, but not a sustained downward trend.
I genuinely can't see us being in anything other than tier 3 when the current lockdown initially comes to an end, but as belly has said above, the 'carrot' of seeing other clubs getting fans in may encourage people to toe the line a bit more so they can have the same benefits.

Doubt it.

As always, the ray of sunshine

Point being whiffy, if they couldn't do it for themselves, family and colleagues then I doubt they'll do it to watch a bottom four in Lge2 side on a freezing winter's afternoon. Although I could be wrong. ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:43 am

The One wrote:
part time pete wrote:
smulls wrote:Are only all Southern-based fans where Tier 1 is, allowed to visit Field Mill whereas people in Mansfield are banned? :-D

Highest area in the country now is in Kent.

Milton Keynes figures also above Mansfields

The One mentioned Milton Keynes....

Drink
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:45 am

Amber Andy wrote:The tier system has proven not to work and will divide the country.

Just imagine us in tier three and those non leaguers the other side of the motorway in tier two and being able to watch live football, and generating income. :(

I bet t'sheep fans are hoping they'll be tier 3 so they don't have to go :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:51 am

Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Sorry to be mister negative but weekly cases up to 15th November were higher in Mansfield, Ashfield and Bassetlaw than they were in the week we were put into tier 3 before the current lockdown started.
Notts Director for Public Health said on Friday that there was a modest reduction in case numbers in the county, but not a sustained downward trend.
I genuinely can't see us being in anything other than tier 3 when the current lockdown initially comes to an end, but as belly has said above, the 'carrot' of seeing other clubs getting fans in may encourage people to toe the line a bit more so they can have the same benefits.

Doubt it.

I don't think that there's anything we can do about it. In my view it's just sweeping through the country with schools giving it a path, until enough schoolchildren have had it and it eases off. Infections are falling to the north and west but rising in the south. Notts is generally improving gradually but Mansfield and Bassetlaw are a bit behind the curve.
But infection rates have fallen a lot in the last couple of days and we may be under 300 per 100000 by Thursday.

The numbers in Nottingham have some down significantly from the peak. At its highest it was 180/100k per day. Now less than 40... Mansfield peaked at 55 ish and is now 45 ish.

I agree we'll be in T3 but I can't see more than a few places being T1. In all our areas the numbers are reducing or dropping. Hopefully they'll be a clear cut off point between T2 and T3 and we can get the right side of it.

This is a good step forward for fans though. With a vaccine coming etc even if were T3 now I think we'll get to see some football maybe Feb onwards.

I don't know where you get your stats Jamie, the BBC reports today that Mansfield has 322 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 13 Nov-19 Nov. The average area in England had 187.

Tier 3 for Mansfield, no better here in Lincoln. If only we'd have locked down earlier like the experts suggested eh? We could have been watching the Stags live on Boxing Day ......

I just used the BBC data, searching by area. They confuse matters by giving rates per 100k both daily in the graph (what i used) and weekly as the headline (the 300 ish per 100k is weekly).

I took my numbers from the 7 day average on the daily graph. In Mansfield the peak for daily rates per 100k (7 day average) was over 55 per day, its now its mid 40s.

I wish they'd stop mixing the data they present. But essentially it's the same, 322 per 100k in a 7 day period is the same as 322 divided by 7 which is 46 and what i quoted.

The experts? You mean like the WHO who say lockdowns aren't good and have a worse impact on other things, out weighing the covid gains. Or maybe the same experts who justified the recent lockdowns and prior restrictions the data that was utter lies. Like cases and deaths doubling every week etc. Or Chris Whitty perhaps who hasn't made a correct data projection yet...

Fingers crossed for T2 but given the mentality of people round here we'll probably have to wait. Remember we're dealing with people who refuse to sit in allocated seating :lol:
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:57 am

SM1970 wrote:
Dan wrote:

No idea Dan... but I do know that the abusive private messages you sent me will be forwarded on... particularly to the local media outlets that you reckon you run!!!
Sad little man

Its about time someone did. How many people has he 'offered out' on here now? Gotta be in double figures.

If there was ever someone who needed an old school 'bringing down a peg or two' our local amatuer photographer is it.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 am

Jamie wrote:
SM1970 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Sad little man

Its about time someone did. How many people has he 'offered out' on here now? Gotta be in double figures.

If there was ever someone who needed an old school 'bringing down a peg or two' our local amatuer photographer is it.

:lol: :lol: Says the little boy who used to text me offering me out.

Oh and it’s ‘amateur’ you thick raspberry :lol:

And I’ve never offered anyone out, I’m not a child like you :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:13 am

Jamie wrote:
SM1970 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Sad little man

Mint response Jamie.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SM1970 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:35 am

I will forward these messages! Dan seems to
Think that he can go around abusing people on forums and in private and not face the consequences.
I think Notts County will be particularly interested in his anti Notts posts on media.... seeing as he works for them...
SM1970
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby oldweststander » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 am

Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Doubt it.

I don't think that there's anything we can do about it. In my view it's just sweeping through the country with schools giving it a path, until enough schoolchildren have had it and it eases off. Infections are falling to the north and west but rising in the south. Notts is generally improving gradually but Mansfield and Bassetlaw are a bit behind the curve.
But infection rates have fallen a lot in the last couple of days and we may be under 300 per 100000 by Thursday.

The numbers in Nottingham have some down significantly from the peak. At its highest it was 180/100k per day. Now less than 40... Mansfield peaked at 55 ish and is now 45 ish.

I agree we'll be in T3 but I can't see more than a few places being T1. In all our areas the numbers are reducing or dropping. Hopefully they'll be a clear cut off point between T2 and T3 and we can get the right side of it.

This is a good step forward for fans though. With a vaccine coming etc even if were T3 now I think we'll get to see some football maybe Feb onwards.

I don't know where you get your stats Jamie, the BBC reports today that Mansfield has 322 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 13 Nov-19 Nov. The average area in England had 187.

Tier 3 for Mansfield, no better here in Lincoln. If only we'd have locked down earlier like the experts suggested eh? We could have been watching the Stags live on Boxing Day ......

Way wide of the mark Jamie, Mansfield was around 360 per 100,000 on Friday.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:54 am

Paulstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
SM1970 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Sad little man

Mint response Jamie.

Can tell everyone's on lockdown with too much time on there hands...
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:00 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
The One wrote:
part time pete wrote:
smulls wrote:Are only all Southern-based fans where Tier 1 is, allowed to visit Field Mill whereas people in Mansfield are banned? :-D

Highest area in the country now is in Kent.

Milton Keynes figures also above Mansfields

The One mentioned Milton Keynes....

Drink

Pint please. It was an illustration that the south as Covid too. Keep up.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:46 am

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Anyone see the PMs conference on BBC News ? The pic on the sidebar when they’re talking about fans coming back is Sir Mal!

You Stags

The BBC seem to be using lots of Stags photos and Video recently. Are we selling it to them :lol:

It’s because I supply them with the pics because otherwise we wouldn’t get any coverage. Not sure about the videos.

yes stags coverage is all due to you :lol:

You can’t stand it can you :lol:

Well here’s two of mine on the match report from Saturday. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54927007

If you go on to BBC Radio Nottingham’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages you will see that ALL the Stags photos on the BBC are mine. So yes I’d say the pictures are all down to me ;)

I was joking.... I know local bbc use your photos :lol: But that doesn't drive the coverage does it? which is what I meant :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:48 am

Jamie wrote:I just used the BBC data, searching by area. They confuse matters by giving rates per 100k both daily in the graph (what i used) and weekly as the headline (the 300 ish per 100k is weekly).

I took my numbers from the 7 day average on the daily graph. In Mansfield the peak for daily rates per 100k (7 day average) was over 55 per day, its now its mid 40s.

I wish they'd stop mixing the data they present. But essentially it's the same, 322 per 100k in a 7 day period is the same as 322 divided by 7 which is 46 and what i quoted.

The experts? You mean like the WHO who say lockdowns aren't good and have a worse impact on other things, out weighing the covid gains. Or maybe the same experts who justified the recent lockdowns and prior restrictions the data that was utter lies. Like cases and deaths doubling every week etc. Or Chris Whitty perhaps who hasn't made a correct data projection yet...

Fingers crossed for T2 but given the mentality of people round here we'll probably have to wait. Remember we're dealing with people who refuse to sit in allocated seating :lol:

The weekly figure is the one they used for the Tier system, clearly it will be the figure used for the new tier system. Completely agree about the people not listening to govt advice, there are a range of reasons for this, but the bottom line is that the reason cases increased was because people were not following fairly simple rules.

The govt were advised by SAGE in September to lockdown due to a dramatic increase in cases, they ignored this advice, cases continued to rise, we ended up in lockdown anyway, but this time for longer than would have been the case had the politicians listened to the scientists. Ultimately it is highly likely fans could already be watching live football had the govt listened to its own advisers, it didn't. Don't even start me on golf ..... :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:50 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
The BBC seem to be using lots of Stags photos and Video recently. Are we selling it to them :lol:

It’s because I supply them with the pics because otherwise we wouldn’t get any coverage. Not sure about the videos.

Well here’s two of mine on the match report from Saturday. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54927007

If you go on to BBC Radio Nottingham’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages you will see that ALL the Stags photos on the BBC are mine. So yes I’d say the pictures are all down to me ;)

I was joking.... I know local bbc use your photos :lol: But that doesn't drive the coverage does it? which is what I meant :lol:

But nowhere did I say that’s what drives the coverage did I?! I replied to someone who wondered why the BBC were suddenly using a load of Stags photos. Then people started dripping over me as usual. Indeed one of my stalkers even resorted to creating another account just to be a grass. Bit embarrassing really.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:04 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

But nowhere did I say that’s what drives the coverage did I?! I replied to someone who wondered why the BBC were suddenly using a load of Stags photos. Then people started dripping over me as usual. Indeed one of my stalkers even resorted to creating another account just to be a grass. Bit embarrassing really.[/quote]

"otherwise we wouldn’t get any coverage" meaning its all down to your photos which its not, they will cover stags regardless of who's sat snapping away.

You don't half think you're something special for doing such an average job at a very low level, that's a bit embarrassing really :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:21 pm

I don’t think I’m special at all. It’s not me who makes out I’m something I’m not on here ;)

Feel free to click this link and you’ll be able to see the low level of work I’ve done at Paris St Germain, Olympique Lyonnaise, Benfica, Club Brugge, Royal Antwerp, Glasgow Rangers, Celtic, Chelsea, Spurs etc places you can only dream of going with your camcorder :lol:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117993412@N02/albums
Last edited by Dan on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:26 pm

Dan wrote:I don’t think I’m special at all. It’s not me who makes out I’m something I’m not on here ;)

Right.... :?

Next time you try and stalk me, don't get me confused with people I went to school with and block them on twitter after ranting at them :lol:

Ill make it a bit easier for you tbh, im on here and one other place www.riffrafffilms.tv
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Dan wrote:I don’t think I’m special at all. It’s not me who makes out I’m something I’m not on here ;)

Feel free to click this link and you’ll be able to see the low level of work I’ve done at Paris St Germain, Olympique Lyonnaise, Benfica, Club Brugge, Royal Antwerp, Glasgow Rangers, Celtic, Chelsea, Spurs etc places you can only dream of going with your camcorder :lol:

Oh no PSG like I've never been there...

Its really not hard or impressive applying for a licence to photograph some football games :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:The tier system has proven not to work and will divide the country.

Just imagine us in tier three and those non leaguers the other side of the motorway in tier two and being able to watch live football, and generating income. :(

I bet t'sheep fans are hoping they'll be tier 3 so they don't have to go :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

I'm sure some do.

However, I'm sure there are 2,000 out there who will want to attend especially with a new manager imminent. James Rowe the current Gloucester City manager apparently.

Your post made me chuckle, so thinks for that :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:46 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

I'm sure some do.

However, I'm sure there are 2,000 out there who will want to attend especially with a new manager imminent. James Rowe the current Gloucester City manager apparently.

Your post made me chuckle, so thinks for that :D

I think Fans at the Tesco arena might not help them that much.... A goal down and the atmosphere won't help.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Ey up, who'd have thought it, another thread full of Dan falling out with folk
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Its really not hard or impressive applying for a licence to photograph some football games :lol:

Thought you would’ve been there :lol:

And I know exactly who you are and why Derby got rid of you :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:54 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Thought you would’ve been there :lol:

And I know exactly who you are and why Derby got rid of you :lol:

You really don't :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Christ alive what is happening to stagsnet
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager