{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Col U Score Thread sponsored by Top 7 here we come

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Col U Score Thread sponsored by Top 7 here we come

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 pm

That is a good point, Colchester are a good side. A poor goal to concede but a million miles away from the last home performance against Barrow.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:58 pm

The One wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Fair result I think.

6 unbeaten since FC went. W3 D3 L0

FC ?

Feckin Coughlin. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:58 pm

I think we more than matched them to be fair

The performances bode well for the future
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wink68 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Suppose we take a point against a decent side but you can't help feeling that's 2 points dropped because of a lack of substitutions. Maynard and Bowrey were great for 70 mis and did their jobs getting us in front. But they went missing for the last 20 when we have 2 very good replacements on the bench.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:58 pm

The One wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Fair result I think.

6 unbeaten since FC went. W3 D3 L0

FC ?

Bloody auto correct!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:59 pm

A little disappointed at the end due to the type of goal we conceded but overall a good team performance against a very good team . Well done but Stech got to stop making crucial mistakes.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:59 pm

To any aspiring journalists out there, if you are at college and writing your thesis on ‘The Dumbing down of the media’ feel free to quote Dean after Maynards goal. “Two goalkeepers would not have stopped that”.

Go on Dean, explain that........
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:59 pm

Stech needed to get something on that, another costly error but fair result overall. 4/6 points from clubs in top 6 but could do with 3 points in Tuesday versus Harrogate.
Last edited by london amber stag on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 pm

I thought that was a decent point. Frustrating that we were in front, but a few weeks ago we'd have lost that without any shadow of a doubt.

On balance of play fair enough, & it shows we aren't that far from having a side that's as good as any in this division.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:01 pm

Time for non Stech to be dropped
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:01 pm

Sneag wrote:I thought that was a decent point. Frustrating that we were in front, but a few weeks ago we'd have lost that without any shadow of a doubt.

On balance of play fair enough, & it shows we aren't that far from having a side that's as good as any in this division.

Totally agree Sneag.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:02 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:To any aspiring journalists out there, if you are at college and writing your thesis on ‘The Dumbing down of the media’ feel free to quote Dean after Maynards goal. “Two goalkeepers would not have stopped that”.

One keeper on his line & judging the flight of the ball properly would have flipped it over the bar.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:03 pm

london amber stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:I thought that was a decent point. Frustrating that we were in front, but a few weeks ago we'd have lost that without any shadow of a doubt.

Totally agree Sneag.

Clough will already know what he wants/needs

Hopefully can ground them and say that we've more than matched a very good side... onto Harrogate!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 pm

the defenders are entitled to be really pissed off with Stech there, he hasn't had a save to make and then comes for a ball he doesn't need to come for.
Flapped at one a few minutes before that as well.

When I watched the games as I thought Nige was joining, I sent a message to a mate saying Stech looks dodgy and always has a mistake in him.

I listened his ifollow interview midweek and started liking him but he can't make mistakes like that any more if he wants to keep the number one shirt.

NC will be livid, I'll be interested to hear his interview and hope he manages to hide his true feelings but I do expect he'll be honest and say the keeper error has cost us 2 points.

To be fair to Marek, other than that goal, he's been very good since Nigel got here.

Gutted, a lot of hard work and a Nicky Maynard wonder strike all undone by one stupid decision.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Can not berate anyone for that. They all did well.Maynard should have put Bowery through when he had his 2nd shot from outside the area but will let him off because he scored.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:06 pm

broomo wrote:the defenders are entitled to be really pissed off with Stech there, he hasn't had a save to make and then comes for a ball he doesn't need to come for.

When I watched the games as I thought Nige was joining, I sent a message to a mate saying Stech looks dodgy and always has a mistake in him.

I listened his ifollow interview midweek and started liking him but he can't make mistakes like that any more if he wants to keep the number one shirt.

NC will be livid, I'll be interested to hear his interview and hope he manages to hide his true feelings but I do expect he'll be honest and say the keeper error has cost us 2 points.

To be fair to Marek, other than that goal, he's been very good since Nigel got here.

Gutted, a lot of hard work and a Nicky Maynard wonder strike all undone by one stupid decision.

He’s been getting the plaudits for weeks. One mistake and the howling masses are asking for him to be dropped.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Stech - Hero to zero :roll:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:07 pm

I’m not too disappointed despite the late goal, six unbeaten, we are clearly on another planet to the barrow performance!

Re Stech he’s definitely made some great saves, but too many mistakes and I think putting in Stone would be fair all considered.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:09 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:To any aspiring journalists out there, if you are at college and writing your thesis on ‘The Dumbing down of the media’ feel free to quote Dean after Maynards goal. “Two goalkeepers would not have stopped that”.

I have to be honest, the commentary is generally really poor. I used to listen to away games on Ifollow, but I don't think I could in future because they don't represent the game well enough.

Deans clichés and over the top reaction to average phases of play combined with Martin getting the players names and referee decisions wrong at least 5-10 times a game.

Martins commitment to the cause is commendable, but if I was giving a match rating today it would be:

Martin - 4. got the odd name right but I'm still waiting for the free kick which was called back for the foul on Clarke

Dean - 2. Even that may pundits wouldn't have have saved his performance
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:11 pm

what ever made him think that was a good call, just watched it again as Iplayer is still on, it doesn't get any better
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Conker wrote:I’m not too disappointed despite the late goal, six unbeaten, we are clearly on another planet to the barrow performance!

Re Stech he’s definitely made some great saves, but too many mistakes and I think putting in Stone would be fair all considered.

He's not too dissimilar to Conrad Logan. Loads of great saves, but too many crucial errors. Typical League 2 keeper.

We scored due to some equally woeful goalkeeping
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:the defenders are entitled to be really pissed off with Stech there, he hasn't had a save to make and then comes for a ball he doesn't need to come for.

He’s been getting the plaudits for weeks. One mistake and the howling masses are asking for him to be dropped.

I'm hardly the howling masses mate, calm down a bit eh?

I watched every game and my own feeling is he comes for things he doesn't need to come for too often.

I'm not the manager though, so have no say in whether he plays or not. He's made some great saves the past 3 games and i did say he's been very good since the manager got here, so I'm hardly hammering him.

It was a big mistake.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 pm

To be fair to Marek, other than that goal, he's been very good since Nigel got

Out of interest, you do seem to be a Clough fan, are you a Derby or Burton supporter?
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 pm

I thought the ball was going to carry more to be fair and if it had, Stech would have been first to it. Not always easy to judge while the ball is in the air and the dead pitch didn’t help either.

Obviously still Marek’s mistake but maybe not as obvious to judge as some are making out.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:16 pm

If you haven't worked it out yet Broomo, our Belly likes to embellish things if it means he call someone a name.

Just wait until you read his witty insults or tales or heroism from his days as a pan basher in the army. :lol:
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum