{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby lifestags » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
lifestags wrote:I think he will go after a striker in Jan, someone with a bit of pace, probably Cook/Reid to make way.

Regarding Maynard he does need to sharpen up and fast, his best game was against Walsall where he played CAM, he seems to be snatching at chances, not showing his usual composure.


best real chance he's had this season was one of the most composed finishes you'll see.


Was also his easiest, he’s had more air shots then goals this season.
lifestags
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2051
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Hit pause at the point where Benning hits the free kick for Maynard's disallowed goal. Two FGR players playing Maynard on, the line of the 18 yard box shows it wasn't even a close call.

Dreadful decision by the lino, that could have been very costly. Luckily no harm done.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9471
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:48 pm

lifestags wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
lifestags wrote:I think he will go after a striker in Jan, someone with a bit of pace, probably Cook/Reid to make way.

Regarding Maynard he does need to sharpen up and fast, his best game was against Walsall where he played CAM, he seems to be snatching at chances, not showing his usual composure.


best real chance he's had this season was one of the most composed finishes you'll see.


Was also his easiest, he’s had more air shots then goals this season.


not really... timed his run to perfection, anticipated it coming to him, beat the offside trap, great first touch turn and great finish.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:49 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20926
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Sneag wrote:Hit pause at the point where Benning hits the free kick for Maynard's disallowed goal. Two FGR players playing Maynard on, the line of the 18 yard box shows it wasn't even a close call.

Dreadful decision by the lino, that could have been very costly. Luckily no harm done.


or great call from the lino, made me £50 lol
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10329
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:28 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Hit pause at the point where Benning hits the free kick for Maynard's disallowed goal. Two FGR players playing Maynard on, the line of the 18 yard box shows it wasn't even a close call.

Dreadful decision by the lino, that could have been very costly. Luckily no harm done.


or great call from the lino, made me £50 lol


All's well that ends well. :D
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9471
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:


I've put a more readable version here -->
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=9952
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20926
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:06 pm

:)

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6241
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:15 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:


I've put a more readable version here -->
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=9952



Good job we got Nigel in when we did as he was actively looking for a job, and I think Derby would have approached him having sacked Cocu.
User avatar
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:38 pm
Location: Bolsover

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby ST4GS » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:29 am

Tre Cool wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:


I've put a more readable version here -->
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=9952



Good job we got Nigel in when we did as he was actively looking for a job, and I think Derby would have approached him having sacked Cocu.

They still might do but unlikely. Their takeover is imminent and new foreign (Middle Eastern) owners will demand a "name" as manager. Someone who currently has a footprint in world football. Someone like Cocu probably.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Forest Green score thread sponsored by 4 unbeaten

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:16 am

ST4GS wrote:
Tre Cool wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:


I've put a more readable version here -->
https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=9952



Good job we got Nigel in when we did as he was actively looking for a job, and I think Derby would have approached him having sacked Cocu.

They still might do but unlikely. Their takeover is imminent and new foreign (Middle Eastern) owners will demand a "name" as manager. Someone who currently has a footprint in world football. Someone like Cocu probably.


They all want rafa benitez.. darren moore also mentioned
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big yella, bobbystagsfan, DazMondo, MTFCMusings, Paulstag, Sedgwick, Sneag, Tippy Tappy Football, Walton Stag and 44 guests