{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Nigel Clough; Scunthorpe post match & match highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Nigel Clough; Scunthorpe post match & match highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:11 pm

Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Nigel Clough; Scunthorpe post match

Postby The One » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Thanks
The One
Manager
Manager

Re: Nigel Clough; Scunthorpe post match

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:03 am

The One wrote:Thanks

You're welcome

:coys:
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Nigel Clough; Scunthorpe post match & match highlights

Postby stag861 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:40 am

Question now is - what's is best eleven?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:04 am

stag861 wrote:Question now is - what's is best eleven?

Stone is really pushing Stech so hard to choose, like most players Stech has improved since GC went. I'll say experience wins out. Midfield is actually very strong its incredibly hard to only choose 2 in a 4-4-2 in truth. Gotta pick from Clarke, Lapslie, Charsley, Maris and Perch

Stech
O'Keeffe Rawson Sweeney Benning
Gordon O. Clarke Lapslie McLaughlin
Bowery Maynard

Subs. Stone, Perch, Charsley, Maris, Sinclair, Reid and Cook.

We've got to have a homegrown player in there somewhere. Smith, Sinclair and Law are, I think, the only players remotely ready now for 1st team football. We've got knowles out on loan at County but we can't recall him until January and he'd push Caine down the pecking order again.

I want to find space for Law and James Clarke but I can't, unless Ollie Clarke isn't quite fit for the game but as a whole he's a good midfielder. This is just me thinking out loud (well typing my thoughts on a possibility) but Clarke only came here because of his relationship with GC, its possible he could have a dip in form. Again I must stress I don't think that's the case just a possibility.

Just typing that out and looking at that squad and that bench makes you wonder what GC was playing at.

The real test is Saturday, when we play Forest Green, to what level our players really are.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:56 am

I'm looking forward to seeing Clarke and Lapslie line up together, as well as Tyrese getting a league start, although I'm not sure he'll put him in just yet.

I think your team is spot on except for Perch instead of Sweeney.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:06 am

Clarke is still going to be our stand out signing this season if he gets fit and stays like that.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:45 am

gazza1988 wrote:
stag861 wrote:Question now is - what's is best eleven?

Stone is really pushing Stech so hard to choose, like most players Stech has improved since GC went. I'll say experience wins out. Midfield is actually very strong its incredibly hard to only choose 2 in a 4-4-2 in truth. Gotta pick from Clarke, Lapslie, Charsley, Maris and Perch

Stech
O'Keeffe Rawson Sweeney Benning
Gordon O. Clarke Lapslie McLaughlin
Bowery Maynard

Subs. Stone, Perch, Charsley, Maris, Sinclair, Reid and Cook.

We've got to have a homegrown player in there somewhere. Smith, Sinclair and Law are, I think, the only players remotely ready now for 1st team football. We've got knowles out on loan at County but we can't recall him until January and he'd push Caine down the pecking order again.

I want to find space for Law and James Clarke but I can't, unless Ollie Clarke isn't quite fit for the game but as a whole he's a good midfielder. This is just me thinking out loud (well typing my thoughts on a possibility) but Clarke only came here because of his relationship with GC, its possible he could have a dip in form. Again I must stress I don't think that's the case just a possibility.

Just typing that out and looking at that squad and that bench makes you wonder what GC was playing at.

The real test is Saturday, when we play Forest Green, to what level our players really are.

I've been saying all season that it's a decent squad. A good manager should get strong performance out of them.

I would have Perch in at CB though, he has been brilliant there and calms everyone down
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:55 am

I think Sweeney may have played himself into the team with his performance last night. Plus he was captain until Clarke came on.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Stech
Rawson Perch Benning
Gordon O. Clarke Lapslie Maris McLaughlin
Bowery Maynard

Subs. Stone, Sweeney, Charsley, O'Keeffe, Sinclair, Reid and Cook.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:49 pm

I expect the same side that beat Sunderland will start on Saturday, if everyone’s fit. No reason at all to change it, and definitely no reason to change from the diamond formation. It suits us well.

Whilst pretty much everyone played well, I don’t think anyone was outstanding, and to get into the team that beat Sunderland in a competitive game on the back of a friendly reserve game would be wrong IMO.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I expect the same side that beat Sunderland will start on Saturday, if everyone’s fit. No reason at all to change it, and definitely no reason to change from the diamond formation. It suits us well.

Whilst pretty much everyone played well, I don’t think anyone was outstanding, and to get into the team that beat Sunderland in a competitive game on the back of a friendly reserve game would be wrong IMO.

I think some of the kids like Jason Law have shown that they should feature on the bench a bit more, Thought he looked really good
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Dan wrote:I think Sweeney may have played himself into the team with his performance last night. Plus he was captain until Clarke came on.

For the next game at least i'd personally be sticking with Rawson and Perch. They've looked decent together for the past 3 games and finally got that clean sheet/win for us at Sunderland. Perch is better on the ball than Sweeney as well and i think that helps us quite a lot. Think they deserve the chance to build on their partnership off the back of the weekend. That goes for the whole 11 too - unchanged from Saturday for me!

Expect Sweeney, O'keeffe, and Clarke to be the main 3 causing the manager a headache in the coming weeks!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:04 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Dan wrote:https://www.facebook.com/media/set?set=a.10158937945129104&type=3

Few pics from last night.