{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

George Lapslie

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: George Lapslie

Postby Amberheart » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:02 am

I like this lad his attitude , work rate & skill . Sign him up
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:38 pm

I think we all know what a good player he is but what has really impressed me is his commitment to the cause.

He is a long way from home ( I think he has a young family) , on loan but is so enthusiastic as evidenced by the way he celebrates his goals. Clearly enjoying his time here and a credit to his profession

Well done George
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:19 pm

One of the best loan signings we’ve ever made apart from Tyler
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:27 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:One of the best loan signings we’ve ever made apart from Tyler

Absolutely since Greenacre and O'Neill Donaldson
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:45 pm

smulls wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:One of the best loan signings we’ve ever made apart from Tyler

Absolutely since Greenacre and O'Neill Donaldson

Murray, Green, Whiteman ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:52 pm

I didn’t want to compare him - just to comment on his enthusiasm and commitment which can be lacking in loan players
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:32 pm

For those who go back a long way like me.He reminds me very much of Craig Disley.He scored a lot from midfield especially headers.Whiteman is different class a championship player if ever I saw one.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:34 pm

geoffhill wrote:For those who go back a long way like me.He reminds me very much of Craig Disley.He scored a lot from midfield especially headers.Whiteman is different class a championship player if ever I saw one.

I'm getting old, I consider Hodgson going back a long way, Dis is still playing :lol:

I agree though, they are quite similar.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Sign him ASAP if he wants to stay
Brilliant player
Charlton must have a squad of very good players if he can’t find a place in that team there
Well done George please stay
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:43 pm

Rob wrote:
geoffhill wrote:For those who go back a long way like me.He reminds me very much of Craig Disley.He scored a lot from midfield especially headers.Whiteman is different class a championship player if ever I saw one.

I'm getting old, I consider Hodgson going back a long way, Dis is still playing :lol:

You are old ;)
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:25 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

You are old ;)

Same age as you raspberry :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:42 am

Rob wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

You are old ;)

Same age as you raspberry :lol:

it comes to us all Roberto :D

been supporting these lot a few years now, seems only yesterday stood WSL in the corner of QL

take care mi owd mate & stay safe
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:55 am

I think it would be hard to find another midfielder like him.... energy and power and composure on the ball plus getting forward and scoring.

Give Charlton what they want :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:02 pm

Be interesting to see how he does against Tom Lapslie on Friday night.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:40 pm

Kernow wrote:Be interesting to see how he does against Tom Lapslie on Friday night.

i think Tom doesn't play this season yet due to knee operation back in August.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:52 pm

He’s been brilliant so far and we should definitely be looking in to signing him permanently. Says on Transfermarkt his contract expires next summer - if that’s true then it will be Charlton’s last chance to cash in on him in Jan if they don’t see a future for him there. We may be able to take advantage of that, but if he carries on at this rate then I imagine he’ll have plenty of suitors!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:16 pm

BH_Stag wrote:He’s been brilliant so far and we should definitely be looking in to signing him permanently. Says on Transfermarkt his contract expires next summer - if that’s true then it will be Charlton’s last chance to cash in on him in Jan if they don’t see a future for him there. We may be able to take advantage of that, but if he carries on at this rate then I imagine he’ll have plenty of suitors!

Unless they sell him to someone else
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:He’s been brilliant so far and we should definitely be looking in to signing him permanently. Says on Transfermarkt his contract expires next summer - if that’s true then it will be Charlton’s last chance to cash in on him in Jan if they don’t see a future for him there. We may be able to take advantage of that, but if he carries on at this rate then I imagine he’ll have plenty of suitors!

Unless they sell him to someone else

Of course, as I say he’ll have plenty of suitors if this form carries on!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:52 am

Just clocked that he has already played for Charlton this season, which (correct me if I’m wrong), means whilst he could register for another club, he couldn’t play for another club this season other than Charlton or Mansfield. Providing they don’t want him back, and they’re currently 4th, he should be here for the full term.

That could potentially help us in Jan if we were to try and make it a permanent. Can’t imagine there are many clubs willing to pay a fee for a player that they can’t have for 6 months, or even if they hold off on the fee anything can happen in 6 months (loss of form/injury). We should be looking to make the most of that situation.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:54 am

Evans'll be watching him.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:05 am

BH_Stag wrote:Just clocked that he has already played for Charlton this season, which (correct me if I’m wrong), means whilst he could register for another club, he couldn’t play for another club this season other than Charlton or Mansfield. Providing they don’t want him back, and they’re currently 4th, he should be here for the full term.

That could potentially help us in Jan if we were to try and make it a permanent. Can’t imagine there are many clubs willing to pay a fee for a player that they can’t have for 6 months, or even if they hold off on the fee anything can happen in 6 months (loss of form/injury). We should be looking to make the most of that situation.

I thought I had read that for this season only you could play for three clubs, and it seems to be the case
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... paign.html
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:51 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Just clocked that he has already played for Charlton this season, which (correct me if I’m wrong), means whilst he could register for another club, he couldn’t play for another club this season other than Charlton or Mansfield. Providing they don’t want him back, and they’re currently 4th, he should be here for the full term.

I thought I had read that for this season only you could play for three clubs, and it seems to be the case
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... paign.html

Well that’s that then :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:16 am

Surely that rule was brought in so a player could extend his 2019-20 season to finish in July and then still be able to play for a further two different clubs in 2020-21. As the July extension was in 20-21 season. Once the July extension was over it was then still two different clubs in 2020-21.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:26 am

Sign him up !!
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:44 am

Spiritater wrote:Evans'll be watching him.

Thought he was in China
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum