{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bowery!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Bowery!

Postby Norman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:04 pm

Just one question. Why?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Nobody knows.

Apart from coughlan, seemingly.

Maybe bowery has something over coughlan, because he isn’t a footballer.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8287
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Bowery!

Postby Brough » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07 pm

I was alarmed as soon as he was revealed as our first summer signing!!!
Brough
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 8:40 am

Re: Bowery!

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 pm

I mean... last time you did one of these threads it was about Tyler Walker :lol: let's hope we get the same result, but I doubt it!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6717
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby west country stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:30 pm

Bowery isnt even non league ,
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
User avatar
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Re: Bowery!

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:32 pm

Agent Bowery according to sheep.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Bowery!

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:45 pm

I remember a similar post from you about Tyler Walker when we first signed him on loan. Here's hoping Bowery shoves it back at you like Tyler did!!

Spolier alert.....he won't ;)
User avatar
Birminghamstag10
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:I remember a similar post from you about Tyler Walker when we first signed him on loan. Here's hoping Bowery shoves it back at you like Tyler did!!

Spolier alert.....he won't ;)


If only though.

Walker and bowery are like comparing a rolls Royce to a robin reliant with its exhaust hanging off.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8287
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Bowery!

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:59 pm

adamstag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:I remember a similar post from you about Tyler Walker when we first signed him on loan. Here's hoping Bowery shoves it back at you like Tyler did!!

Spolier alert.....he won't ;)


If only though.

Walker and bowery are like comparing a rolls Royce to a robin reliant with its exhaust hanging off.


Ah but this time next year Rodney, we will be millionaires :) :)
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby Old amber » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:18 pm

Bowery is certainly no Tyler Walker that’s for sure..I’m at a loss as to why he’s getting the side? Would Mr coughlan please explain what quality’s he brings to this side ?
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby 1966Stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:26 pm

If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:35 pm

1966Stag wrote:If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC


As with GC he's getting off lightly at the moment with no one in the ground.

If no one is allowed in all season he can then skulk off into conference north-ish
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6744
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:39 pm

1966Stag wrote:If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC


Oh come off it, Alastair Campbell couldn’t made bowery sound good.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8287
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Bowery!

Postby 1966Stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:42 pm

adamstag wrote:
1966Stag wrote:If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC


Oh come off it, Alastair Campbell couldn’t made bowery sound good.


Not saying he could I just think it is sad to see one thread worrying about a players wellbeing and then a second one getting stuck into a player - fascinating behaviour
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby 1966Stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:45 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
1966Stag wrote:If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC


As with GC he's getting off lightly at the moment with no one in the ground.

If no one is allowed in all season he can then skulk off into conference north-ish


Love it - the supporters need to get back in because they are missing out on getting on the players/managers back :lol:
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:57 pm

1966Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
1966Stag wrote:If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC


Oh come off it, Alastair Campbell couldn’t made bowery sound good.


Not saying he could I just think it is sad to see one thread worrying about a players wellbeing and then a second one getting stuck into a player - fascinating behaviour


As much as I dont rate bowery at all.


You are spot on
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
1966Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
1966Stag wrote:If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC


Oh come off it, Alastair Campbell couldn’t made bowery sound good.


Not saying he could I just think it is sad to see one thread worrying about a players wellbeing and then a second one getting stuck into a player - fascinating behaviour


As much as I dont rate bowery at all.


You are spot on


I wonder what his username on here is then? :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6744
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:29 pm

1966Stag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
1966Stag wrote:If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC


As with GC he's getting off lightly at the moment with no one in the ground.

If no one is allowed in all season he can then skulk off into conference north-ish


Love it - the supporters need to get back in because they are missing out on getting on the players/managers back :lol:


For years happy clappers have been criticising the toxic atmosphere etc. Seems that was the only thing holding performances together...
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Bowery!

Postby oldweststander » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:23 am

Never seen so many football phycologists on one thread.

To sum up without all the rhetoric, he's not good enough.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby geoffhill » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:55 am

Watched him closely when he came on and he did nothing at all.Doesn#t win any headers is leaden footed and doesn't hold the ball up.Oh ad apart from a penalty he contributes nothing.I would like to ask GC what he sees in him.A half fit Maynard is better than him.Don't expect him to start Saturday.Maynard and Cook for me.Then if needed bring Reid on.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:01 am

geoffhill wrote:Watched him closely when he came on and he did nothing at all.Doesn#t win any headers is leaden footed and doesn't hold the ball up.Oh ad apart from a penalty he contributes nothing.I would like to ask GC what he sees in him.A half fit Maynard is better than him.Don't expect him to start Saturday.Maynard and Cook for me.Then if needed bring Reid on.


None of us expect him to start Saturday but I think you may be shocked, hes GCs signing and he likes him.
If you listen to GC pre Bradford when asked by Stevo why he picked him last Saturday, "because he brings athleticism, power and hold up play".
He should be sacked for that statement alone as he obviously believes it's true!!
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6744
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:32 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Watched him closely when he came on and he did nothing at all.Doesn#t win any headers is leaden footed and doesn't hold the ball up.Oh ad apart from a penalty he contributes nothing.I would like to ask GC what he sees in him.A half fit Maynard is better than him.Don't expect him to start Saturday.Maynard and Cook for me.Then if needed bring Reid on.


None of us expect him to start Saturday but I think you may be shocked, hes GCs designing and he likes him.
If you listen to GC pre Bradford when asked by Stevo why he picked him last Saturday, "because he brings athleticism, power and hold up play".
He should be sacked for that statement alone as he obviously believes it's true!!


I think him bringing him over Maynard then just not bringing Maynard at all last night was astounding.

At 1-1 we could have won the match, when you bring him on sadly it’s like being reduced to 10 men.

Nobody wishes a player ill or anything, but the lad simply isn’t good enough - he’d be better of his trade somewhere like Alfreton.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8287
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Bowery!

Postby west country stag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:39 am

Coughlan's man management is very poor , his ability to motivate , even the worst players in our squad ( & we have plenty of them ) to an acceptable standard .
Playing players like Bowery are a complete waste of time & a wage ... he might manage to be a ball boy & thats his limit . He is no threat at all to other teams defence set ups .
What ive seen up to yet , is that we can ship out maybe around 8 of the players , that are nowhere near the standard to take us forward .
PLEASE JR STOP THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY ON POOR MANAGEMENT & PLAYERS THAT WE HAVE SIGNED , UNLESS YOUR HAPPY FALLING THRO THE TRAPDOOR AGAIN .!!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
User avatar
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Re: Bowery!

Postby ST4GS » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:49 am

It is very concerning how we are finishing games on the back foot.
Apart from Tranmere at home we have a habit at around 70 minutes of backing off in terms of performance and desire.
Is this a fitness issue, mental issue or more worrying a tactical issue?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Bowery!

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:11 pm

ST4GS wrote:It is very concerning how we are finishing games on the back foot.
Apart from Tranmere at home we have a habit at around 70 minutes of backing off in terms of performance and desire.
Is this a fitness issue, mental issue or more worrying a tactical issue?


We said this last night, the backline dropped 15 yards further back and the midfield dropped on top of them in the second half.
Mentality or instruction is the big question???

Someone joked yesterday but it did become 9-0-0 as we can't count ' the cone'
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6744
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hitchcocks size 10s and 22 guests