{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hi all

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Hi all

Postby George R25 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:06 pm

Hi all,
Long time reader of the forum and thought I would join. Having looked at the forum this morning and the views on the current campaign I then decided to go to the local supermarket for the dreaded weekly shop when I bumped into a lad I Coached as a junior. We got talking about football etc and he had just returned from coaching in Africa. I asked what badges he had and he has been a UEFA pro holder since 2012. I told him we could do with him at Mansfield. Although not Efl league experience I’m sure he would do a lot better than than GC

GR25
George R25
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Hi all

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:08 pm

Welcome.

All opinions are valued.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby George R25 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:22 pm

Forgot to mention that he has done some opposition scouting for the stags in the past. He only stopped as we didn't pay anything to cover expenses
George R25
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:24 pm

George R25 wrote:Forgot to mention that he has done some opposition scouting for the stags in the past. He only stopped as we didn't pay anything to cover expenses

Sounds about right for our scouting :lol:

Who even are our scouts these days? Andy Burgess?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby George R25 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:26 pm

I think he is in charge of all the scouts from what I was told today. The guy I was speaking to has the same surname but is of no relation
George R25
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:36 pm

Quite poor to not be paid expenses. I spent a season scouting for a scouting agency which was basically for Peterborough United, the agency I believe was more or less run by their chairman Darragh MacAnthony and they signed a player on my recommendation (same player later signed for the Stags!)

I was paid expenses and around £30-40 a match too, it was a decent job for a young lad!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:01 am

Stoney wrote:Quite poor to not be paid expenses. I spent a season scouting for a scouting agency which was basically for Peterborough United, the agency I believe was more or less run by their chairman Darragh MacAnthony and they signed a player on my recommendation (same player later signed for the Stags!)

I was paid expenses and around £30-40 a match too, it was a decent job for a young lad!

It’s your fault we signed Lee Angol then. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:04 am

George R25 wrote:Hi all,
Long time reader of the forum and thought I would join. Having looked at the forum this morning and the views on the current campaign I then decided to go to the local supermarket for the dreaded weekly shop when I bumped into a lad I Coached as a junior. We got talking about football etc and he had just returned from coaching in Africa. I asked what badges he had and he has been a UEFA pro holder since 2012. I told him we could do with him at Mansfield. Although not Efl league experience I’m sure he would do a lot better than than GC

GR25

With all due respect bud anybody posting on here could do a better job than GC, and most haven't even got a Blue Peter badge.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby George R25 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:30 am

It’s not as easy as people think, I’ve only done kids and a bit of non league coaching and it gets harder especially when you have the wrong mix of personalities. I’ve seen managers lose it when they needed to be positive. It’s are hard gig especially if the manager has lost the dressing room.
George R25
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:37 pm

part time pete wrote:
Stoney wrote:Quite poor to not be paid expenses. I spent a season scouting for a scouting agency which was basically for Peterborough United, the agency I believe was more or less run by their chairman Darragh MacAnthony and they signed a player on my recommendation (same player later signed for the Stags!)

It’s your fault we signed Lee Angol then. :lol:

Haha, nope! It was before Lee Angol and the player could throw the ball a lot further! :D
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum