{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fantasy Island

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fantasy Island

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:04 pm

We will have to agree to disagree on that one Mussy. I don’t think we did enough to beat Tranmere and I’m not sure about a draw at Orient. I’ve already said Newport was our best showing but we’ve just dropped backwards in the two home games since.

You can say we’ve made individual errors but opponents have also missed some sitters which could easily have resulted in goals against. The Stech miss kick and subsequent good save springs to mind along with the early shot into the side netting on Saturday. There has been plenty of others but it is league 2 football and not every chance gets put away.

As I’ve said, I don’t think we have deserved to win any game but will concede we deserved a point at Newport. Teams will now have plenty of footage to work us out and our one and only game plan won’t stand up to scrutiny. If he changes the blueprint I may give him a couple more games but if he sticks to what has gone before he should be shown the door now.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:59 pm

:D Fantasy island was a song by Tight Fit ;)
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:58 pm

KJW STAG wrote::D Fantasy island was a song by Tight Fit ;)

Also sang when the lion sleeps tonight ;)

Just hope the team do us proud tonight and are aloud a Lion-in tomorrow :lol: :oops:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:48 am

Hayden White for me.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:14 am

I am Spartacus:
Given the circumstances that Pearce left under, ie bad apple in the dressing room (allegedly) I don’t think it would be wise to have him back.

Character assignation is a form of bullying

What circumstances did Pearce leave in? I thought his contract came to an end. Probably not offered another one because Sharpe wanted to lower the wage bill.

Who with any knowledge actually said he was disruptive in the dressing room? Too easy to believe rumours spread on this web site are fact without any foundation. He appeared to be demoralised under Dempster but so did most of the senior players.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:51 am

Demoralized under jd.
They must be suicidal now.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:08 pm

sunray wrote:I am Spartacus:
Given the circumstances that Pearce left under, ie bad apple in the dressing room (allegedly) I don’t think it would be wise to have him back.

Character assignation is a form of bullying

What circumstances did Pearce leave in? I thought his contract came to an end. Probably not offered another one because Sharpe wanted to lower the wage bill.

Who with any knowledge actually said he was disruptive in the dressing room? Too easy to believe rumours spread on this web site are fact without any foundation. He appeared to be demoralised under Dempster but so did most of the senior players.

Character assassination a form of bullying? Then you had best start copying and pasting that on every thread on here. Especially the ones about Logan, Bowery, Stech, Evans, Dan, Sedgwick etc. it is a message board based upon opinions, sometimes with tenuous links to the facts (which makes it at times all the more enjoyable). And you posted yours, and by accusing me of bullying, bullied me. But as I am adult I will let it pass without crying onto my carers shoulder.

If you ever manage to offend Belwiff I think you ought to draw the curtains and never leave the house.

I offered my opinion on why Pearce was not offered another contract. A good player on his day, yes, but what stopped the club offering him another contract? Attitude possibly? Maybe the club don’t want their captain to leave training when he feels like it to pick his children up?

Either way he still isn’t here. And that is a fact.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:03 pm

Funny justification for bullying. As we bully every player it's acceptable

Regardless of any accusations Pearces contract came to an end and was not renewed. There was no suggestion by the club it was for disciplinary reasons. Presumably you think there is a back story for every player who didn't get a new contract. A manager want to restructure their team at the end of the season for football reasons for the campaign ahead.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:09 pm

sunray wrote:Funny justification for bullying. As we bully every player it's acceptable

Regardless of any accusations Pearces contract came to an end and was not renewed. There was no suggestion by the club it was for disciplinary reasons. Presumably you think there is a back story for every player who didn't get a new contract. A manager want to restructure their team at the end of the season for football reasons for the campaign ahead.

There is always a back story to a player not being offered a contract and a manager wanting to restructure is one of them. Personal clashes may be another, financial reasons or being a bad apple could be another. Until such time as the club and not a self appointed arbiter of posts issues the reasons why, my opinion, offered in a non-aggressive or passive aggressive way is regrettably as valid as yours. Are you saying that GC and the club bullied Pearce by not offering him a contract?

Bullying is defined as several times on purpose. I would hardly think that my one occasion of offering an opinion as to a contributory factor of Pearce not being offered a contract is bullying? However as this is the second time you have accused me of bullying, making it more than one occasion are you bullying me?

And as I keep saying, he isn’t here. For whatever reason. Let it go.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:18 pm

sunray wrote:Funny justification for bullying. As we bully every player it's acceptable

Do you expect the club to state they didn’t renew his contract because he was a bad Apple?

There were plenty of rumours about what was going on from well before Dempster was sacked and a lot of them were by people very close to the club. It was on open secret that his contract would not be renewed and if it was just about money, why didn’t the club offer a contract on reduced terms?

I don’t think that Spartacus was suggesting that every player should be bullied but rather you don’t object when others are bullied. Why pick on Sparky who is one of the least controversial and most respected posters on here? If you’re going to have a go at someone, at least aim for a reasonable target.

Whatever the reasons, Pearce is an ex player and wasn’t offered any type of contract and I can’t see him ever returning unless he is playing for the opposition.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:09 pm

Neither GC nor the club bullied KP. He simply didn't fit the new team GC was building and both thanked him for his services to the club without caveat

Fans suggesting unsupported allegations against players (even allegedly) about their behaviour at the club was what I was commenting on. Keyboard warriors
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:22 pm

sunray wrote:Neither GC nor the club bullied KP. He simply didn't fit the new team GC was building and both thanked him for his services to the club without caveat

Fans suggesting unsupported allegations against players (even allegedly) about their behaviour at the club was what I was commenting on. Keyboard warriors

If that is what you commenting on then perhaps you need to ensure that when posting you are more eloquent and less obscure in what your post is upon. By stating that I was the cause of your ire, is bullying as it was personal and directed.

A forum is open for opinions whether you agree with them or not, unsubstantiated or not, to be aired by myself, all the other members, opposition fans and even yourself in hopefully healthy discussion about the common purpose of Stagsnet, i.e. Mansfield Town. We are all, as you with derision refer to us, are keyboard warriors hiding behind pseudonyms, enjoying the barbs and thrusts of the written word. It is not often that Martin and the other moderators have to step in which shows that these ‘Keyboard Warriors’ behave in a manner that their opinions breed discussion.

If you don’t like Keyboard Warriors maybe you really ought not to look down your nose at the people of Stagsnet whilst you type at your keyboard?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:10 pm

sunray wrote:Neither GC nor the club bullied KP. He simply didn't fit the new team GC was building and both thanked him for his services to the club without caveat

Thank you for your input Sunray and I mean that really sincerely folks. Hardly go to send him off without a token gesture at least are they?
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:16 pm

If Farrend Rawson fits in GC's team then Krystian Pearce would definitely fit in.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum