{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lets get a reallity check

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Lets get a reallity check

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Who is going to pay up GCs contract ,then pay for another manager to come here ,after much silence ,no one comes forward ,thats where we are folks so lets just stop being so damned privileged and accept we are having a bad season ,so far it is what it is ,no cashflow ,no money coming in at all buthey ho we can just chuck someone else,,s money at it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Re: Lets get a reallity check

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:28 pm

Let’s just accept relegation then and how much will that cost the Radfords?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:36 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Let’s just accept relegation then and how much will that cost the Radfords?
Exactly.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:39 pm

spanishstag wrote:Who is going to pay up GCs contract ,then pay for another manager to come here ,after much silence ,no one comes forward ,thats where we are folks so lets just stop being so damned privileged and accept we are having a bad season ,so far it is what it is ,no cashflow ,no money coming in at all buthey ho we can just chuck someone else,,s money at it

This has the driving point in my thoughts as soon as fans become frustrated with the manager. All too often fans want managers sacked as soon as something goes wrong. I was very much in favour of showing patience with a new squad and was challenged last week for suggesting that we should ignore results from last season.
I have to say that yesterday's performance really undermined my arguments as they still look absolutely rudderless, the defence is looking more shapeless each week and people are switching off. Just look at Charsley's look of complete shock that his player was miles away from him when the ball was backheeled for their third goal.
There is no structure, no clear plan and confidence appears to be completely gone. Dunne and McGuire never appeared to leave the bench yesterday and Jamma has lost his noisy enthusiasm already. The feeling was reminiscent of the days at the end of Holdsworth's time. The difference is that this team has only been together for 6 matches.

I am reluctant to pull the trigger for a new manager and was one of the late ones to call for Dempster to go but I cannot see any glimmer of hope with the current management team.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Let’s just accept relegation then and how much will that cost the Radfords?

Are you going to pay out then no you wont ,in fact most on here spend half there time moaning about the price of a ticket ,or a pint in the bar or the pies are cold ,in fact you have just answered my question HOW MUCH WILL IT COST THE RADFORDS ,cheers
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:59 pm

;) We will see what you have got to say in 6-8 games time ;)
Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Are you going to pay out then no you wont ,in fact most on here spend half there time moaning about the price of a ticket ,or a pint in the bar or the pies are cold ,in fact you have just answered my question HOW MUCH WILL IT COST THE RADFORDS ,cheers

More in Euro’s than in pounds. That’s the beauty of voting to ostracise all that mob on mainland Europe.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Spanish. The Radfords own the club so any losses either have to come from them or the club folds.

If you stop to think for a couple of minutes and analyse the process, you may realise that relegation will cost the owners far more than paying a manager up would do. It is their call to make and they may well decide to stick with their chosen man. They made the decision to appoint him in the first place and I didn’t see any type of voting system for the fans to have a say in the process.

No-one wants to cost the owners money but the situation has been created by them and the board once more rushing into an ill judged appointment. We can’t appoint the next man so it is their call.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:;) We will see what you have got to say in 6-8 games time ;)

It does not matter what i have to say ,fact is someone has to pay for any changes ,WHO
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 pm

spanishstag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:;) We will see what you have got to say in 6-8 games time ;)

It does not matter what i have to say ,fact is someone has to pay for any changes ,WHO

It could cost JR a lot more if he allows GC to run us in to the pit of misery .
Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:11 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Why would the World Health Organisation pay for it??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Spanish. The Radfords own the club so any losses either have to come from them or the club folds.

If you stop to think for a couple of minutes and analyse the process, you may realise that relegation will cost the owners far more than paying a manager up would do. It is their call to make and they may well decide to stick with their chosen man. They made the decision to appoint him in the first place and I didn’t see any type of voting system for the fans to have a say in the process.

No-one wants to cost the owners money but the situation has been created by them and the board once more rushing into an ill judged appointment. We can’t appoint the next man so it is their call.

But most on here are calling for change and bandying names about confetti ,without realising the cost ,the situation as you call it was created by circumstance ,most on here were happy when GC was appointed but are now calling him a poor choice ,but we are not paying out the money like i said who is going to pay its not you or some on here ,i can accept the fact that we are not going to piss the league some on here cant
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:34 pm

spanishstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

But most on here are calling for change and bandying names about confetti ,without realising the cost ,the situation as you call it was created by circumstance ,most on here were happy when GC was appointed but are now calling him a poor choice ,but we are not paying out the money like i said who is going to pay its not you or some on here ,i can accept the fact that we are not going to piss the league some on here cant

Can you accept relegation though? If the season gets cut short before the team gets their act together, it's a realistic prospect. It's an unpalatable choice, whether to risk that or whether to pay out for the chance of a better option.

I'd have thought that any manager's contract would have a getout clause for the chairman in case of serious underperformance. I don't know, perhaps it isn't allowed, but if I'd hired a manager and delivered good resources I'd want a clause in the contract which allows me to remove him with only a short notice period under some circumstances. Such as being in the relegation zone after a fair number of matches.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:36 pm

spanishstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

I can accept that fact because I've never thought the team GC put together'd finish higher than 12th. Who pays to get shut of this charlaton in charge? Simple, the chap that appointed him. If he remains then the financial consequences will make gc's payout look peanuts in comparison.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:43 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Well maybe if results carry on as they are, GC will do the right thing and resign and save the Radfords money. Would that be acceptable to you Spanishstag?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:08 pm

spanishstag wrote:Who is going to pay up GCs contract ,then pay for another manager to come here ,after much silence ,no one comes forward ,thats where we are folks so lets just stop being so damned privileged and accept we are having a bad season ,so far it is what it is ,no cashflow ,no money coming in at all buthey ho we can just chuck someone else,,s money at it

You stupid naive man.

You know who should pay him out of his contact, the people who put him in it!

Have you never heard of the phrase 'paying for your mistakes'?

Why should we as fans pay out Coughlans contract - we had no say in his appointment.

As fans we are outsourcing our weekend happiness. Being a fan is a surefire way to pay the price for the mistakes of others (be it players, managers or the board), both with your time and money.

I've paid enough of wider investment into the club for JR not for the powers that be to repeatedly make the same mistake. JR should pay to correct this, or see how much more it will cost when we go down. He should also learn from it this time!
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:20 pm

Spanish

At the end of the day we are buying a product. If that product is substandard and full of faults, should we just accept that and say nothing?

Would you accept a steak that has been burnt to a frazzle and not ask for a replacement? We all chose the team we are destined to support but that doesn’t mean we have to just keep stum when things are not right. If the owners/directors of the club want fans to continue to follow it, they have a responsibility to run it as efficiently as they can. They are the people who make the decisions and are the ones who have to take the praise or criticism of their actions.

At the moment, the owners are under pressure for making what seems to be the wrong decision and any suggestion that it should be the fans who sort it out is unacceptable.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Sometimes you have to make decisions that may be tough, and unfortunately expensive, but it’s for the greater good. This is one of those occasions in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:53 pm

They own and run the club, they make the tough decisions. That doesn't mean we can't have an opinion. Its not like they are poor and fans are demanding they spend their last few quid on this. If they don't want to do it, they won't.

They'll need to say something soon though and if that's more time for the gaffer then fans will of course moan but have to accept the decision as it is their train set.

You had a little breakdown over someone wanting GC sacked on another thread. You seem to have forgotten what's going on here. Its football, its the nature of the beast. Managers know the score and accept the risks. Owners know the costs and that fans are demanding.

Thankfully JR, unlike spanishstag, isnt going to have a little cry because a tough decision needs making. He has a choice, a risk to weigh up. The only thing on his side right now is the customers aren't actually part of the usual equation as we can't vote with our feet or properly voice our frustration.

I think he'll give him a couple more games but to be honest don't really care like I normally would. This season can do one, so long as we're in L2 when I can go back, that'll do.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:13 pm

As others have said... JR's mistake.. JR's job to sort this mess out!.
Simple economics of measuring the cost of national league football against the cost of shipping out the worst manager in Mansfield town history.
Personally behind the scenes I think JR and DS will have a shortlist drawn up & will be holding interviews this time next week!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:24 pm

All this, you broke it you fix it seems to be ignorant of the fact that much of the debt sits with the club and if the Radfords walked away in a non benevolent way, we are in a dire position.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:59 pm

Well. it must be costing the club already in i follow subscriptions. I should imagine sales falling off a cliff for the games on Tuesday and Saturday. I know Im not bothering after that performance on Saturday, having bought every game so far. The worrying thing is, if fans are turning their back on paying £10 now, how are you going to get them paying over twice that, when we get back into the One Call?
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby gavinbrookes » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:14 am

I arrived at the conclusion a long time ago that Spanishstag doesn't really know (s)he is talking about but is merely a contrarion - they post on here simply to get reactions from the rest of us.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:42 am

gavinbrookes wrote:I arrived at the conclusion a long time ago that Spanishstag doesn't really know (s)he is talking about but is merely a contrarion - they post on here simply to get reactions from the rest of us.

Of course this post was done to get reaction,i thought its a situation that needs to be discussed ,and so far the answers seem to be that clearly our fans are more than a little precious sort ,who expect our owner to keep us going not, exactly a healthy state to be in
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:47 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

You stupid naive man.

You know who should pay him out of his contact, the people who put him in it!

Have you never heard of the phrase 'paying for your mistakes'?

Why should we as fans pay out Coughlans contract - we had no say in his appointment.

As fans we are outsourcing our weekend happiness. Being a fan is a surefire way to pay the price for the mistakes of others (be it players, managers or the board), both with your time and money.

I've paid enough of wider investment into the club for JR not for the powers that be to repeatedly make the same mistake. JR should pay to correct this, or see how much more it will cost when we go down. He should also learn from it this time!

Stupid naive man , your last paragraph would be enough to make our owners think why do we bother
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum