{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lets get a reallity check

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lets get a reallity check

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:23 pm

I applaud that post Gaz. You have truly set out the soundest reasoning for Coughlan to be removed.

The bigger question for me is why are we getting worse and worse still?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:46 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I applaud that post Gaz. You have truly set out the soundest reasoning for Coughlan to be removed.

The bigger question for me is why are we getting worse and worse still?

I think it is because he is too stubborn to change his system and also that it is his recruits who start.

The players know that the system is not the best and their confidence is ebbing away like the tide. We have some good players and with a bit of guidance we could still have a reasonable season.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:01 pm

End of the day he needs 2 wins and a draw from his next 4 games to EQUAL Dempster's start after 10 games. To equal manager in his first 1st team management role. GC has more experience than Dempster had when he started (youth team is not the same as 1st team). Dempster was sacked after 6 games without a win. We are 6 games without a win now. At which point does it become unacceptable?

I want him to do well. I really do. I don't know if it's an age thing but it's really hard to find a positive. The only positives you can find are the equivalent of the Radfords finding a 50p down the back of their sofa. A plus, but not really enough to make a difference.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:03 pm

gazza1988 wrote:11 league games is roughly a quarter of a season. To be pedantic half time in the forest Green game (12th game of the season) in November will be a quarter of a season.

Whislt that is a good point to see where we are going. He could win the next 5 games and only be on 18 points. After 9 games. I estimate this to still be bottom half of "mid table" at the 11 game point. That's is acceptable. To get that though he needs to, not on win, but win 5 times in a row.

There comes a point where he's started so poorly that even if he wins a few it's nothing more than a consolation. It's OK saying judge after 10 games and judge those 10 games if he's only won 2 in those 10, for example.

Lose tonight and after 10 games maximum win% he can get is 30% after 10 games. Is it really good enough coupled with performances to date and all things considered?

I can take a low win% while building something or not losing. However 17% total after nearly a year and on course for a 0% after 10 games in his first season with some of his own players is just not acceptable. I could accept it if we even looked like we deserved to win.

Spot on!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum