{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Got to say that there’s a lack of leadership there.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14794
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Spiritater wrote:Someone needs to be caretaker


How about Hong Kong Fuey? However as he was a mild mannered janitor I don’t think he would be able to rouse this lot.

Still, give him a try and he can’t do worse than the last two.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby The One » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Someone needs to be caretaker


How about Hong Kong Fuey? However as he was a mild mannered janitor I don’t think he would be able to rouse this lot.

Still, give him a try and he can’t do worse than the last two.


I blame the Fredder
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11736
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby Vice President » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:10 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Got to say that there’s a lack of leadership there.


Total lack of leadership - both on and off the pitch.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2028
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 pm

The One wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Someone needs to be caretaker


How about Hong Kong Fuey? However as he was a mild mannered janitor I don’t think he would be able to rouse this lot.

Still, give him a try and he can’t do worse than the last two.


I blame the Fredder


Two Freds this season from me and two resounding awful defeats. I tried to invoke the positivity of Captain Flashheart, especially with hopefully, the vigour in which he treated his women would translate onto the pitch, ‘ I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back’. The derring do that has been missing but alas we ended up with a team more in the mould of Captain Darling.

The baton, or poisoned chalice, is here to be passed on. Good luck to the brave man or woman that seizes it.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:43 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Quite a few ex players having a bit of a dig tonight.

Fair enough, could be sour grapes, but nonetheless.


Willem has ‘liked’ the Stags insta page final score too.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6942
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:45 pm

It is not same old same old year after year at the football club Graham. We won the National League in 2012-2013 and finished 8th in 2017-2018 and 4th in 2018-2019. Can someone tell him we've been decent since the arrival of Steve Evans in 2016-2017. We were only rubbish last year under John Dempster. He was brought in to sort that out.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:00 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Quite a few ex players having a bit of a dig tonight.

Fair enough, could be sour grapes, but nonetheless.


Willem has ‘liked’ the Stags insta page final score too.


Someone should ask how Sunday league is going
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby The One » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:08 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Quite a few ex players having a bit of a dig tonight.

Fair enough, could be sour grapes, but nonetheless.


Willem has ‘liked’ the Stags insta page final score too.


Someone should ask how Sunday league is going


He is a tool
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11736
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby adamstag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:03 am

The One wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Quite a few ex players having a bit of a dig tonight.

Fair enough, could be sour grapes, but nonetheless.


Willem has ‘liked’ the Stags insta page final score too.


Someone should ask how Sunday league is going


He is a tool


Seems a shame to waste a chance asking how a sunday league player goes about his business when we can just go and ask Jordan bowery.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8065
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby pemill » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:25 am

There is a positive from yesterday, we scored from a corner :roll:

I can't remember who took it but good on them, they put it into the danger area - Cooky did the rest.
pemill
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:29 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It is not same old same old year after year at the football club Graham. We won the National League in 2012-2013 and finished 8th in 2017-2018 and 4th in 2018-2019. Can someone tell him we've been decent since the arrival of Steve Evans in 2016-2017. We were only rubbish last year under John Dempster. He was brought in to sort that out.

simple fact is this guy's clutching at every straw he can now, he's desperate in every sense of the word. Dempster is a genius in comparison to the present incumbent, can't call him a manager.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 21236
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:41 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Seen Davies call him a clown. Sterling James posted something but I'm not sure if it was sarcastic or not.


Bishop as well, to they layman. He did deny it though and blame it on some non-league setup, but I’m sceptical.


Bishop also liking tweets poking fun at the Stech mistake and also saying Coughlan sounds like a broken man.

It’s only a like so it’s nothing major but I just find it strange of him considering he’s still employed by the club. Granted he’s part of adifferent set up and won’t really be involved with the first team but hardly a good look. Not sure Coughlan or Stech would be too pleased.

Suppose it’s an insight as to what staff are thinking within the club anyway.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:51 am

BH_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Seen Davies call him a clown. Sterling James posted something but I'm not sure if it was sarcastic or not.


Bishop as well, to they layman. He did deny it though and blame it on some non-league setup, but I’m sceptical.


Bishop also liking tweets poking fun at the Stech mistake and also saying Coughlan sounds like a broken man.

It’s only a like so it’s nothing major but I just find it strange of him considering he’s still employed by the club. Granted he’s part of adifferent set up and won’t really be involved with the first team but hardly a good look. Not sure Coughlan or Stech would be too pleased.


Suppose it’s an insight as to what staff are thinking within the club anyway.



hang on i thought he was still working for the club still?
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:51 am

Bishop also liked a pic of DF which someone posted with the caption We miss you. All is not well it seems
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3254
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:53 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Seen Davies call him a clown. Sterling James posted something but I'm not sure if it was sarcastic or not.


Bishop as well, to they layman. He did deny it though and blame it on some non-league setup, but I’m sceptical.


Bishop also liking tweets poking fun at the Stech mistake and also saying Coughlan sounds like a broken man.

It’s only a like so it’s nothing major but I just find it strange of him considering he’s still employed by the club. Granted he’s part of adifferent set up and won’t really be involved with the first team but hardly a good look. Not sure Coughlan or Stech would be too pleased.


Suppose it’s an insight as to what staff are thinking within the club anyway.



hang on i thought he was still working for the club still?


He is. I find it pretty unprofessional on his part.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:26 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Bishop also liked a pic of DF which someone posted with the caption We miss you. All is not well it seems


One reason Dempster Failed... the players respected and liked Flitcroft and all wanted and believed they would succeed.. Ive been fortunate to be behind the scenes for a couple days at swindon when Gordon & Elšnik were on loan.. the vibe in the dressing room was unreal, every player, every staff member were all like best mates having a laugh and enjoying it. I cant imagine our current setup has anything close to that feeling. When he left I don't think anyone realised a bit of life at the club also left. Ultimately we didn't achieve anything and need to move forward and try and recreate that/ go one step better.

GC might pick up some wins etc and get us going eventually but its miles off what we need and I truly believe if he did improve this year, finish mid table then build next season and go one better again... we'd never survive in league one with him and it'd all be a waste of time. Id plan for the future now and get the right man in as soon as we can.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aspleystag, Conker, gazza1988 and 49 guests