{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bradford Scorethread sponsored by Lord Flashheart

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:46 pm

Got to say that there’s a lack of leadership there.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:11 pm

Spiritater wrote:Someone needs to be caretaker

How about Hong Kong Fuey? However as he was a mild mannered janitor I don’t think he would be able to rouse this lot.

Still, give him a try and he can’t do worse than the last two.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:04 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:

How about Hong Kong Fuey? However as he was a mild mannered janitor I don’t think he would be able to rouse this lot.

I blame the Fredder
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:10 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Got to say that there’s a lack of leadership there.

Total lack of leadership - both on and off the pitch.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:21 pm

The One wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

I blame the Fredder

Two Freds this season from me and two resounding awful defeats. I tried to invoke the positivity of Captain Flashheart, especially with hopefully, the vigour in which he treated his women would translate onto the pitch, ‘ I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back’. The derring do that has been missing but alas we ended up with a team more in the mould of Captain Darling.

The baton, or poisoned chalice, is here to be passed on. Good luck to the brave man or woman that seizes it.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:43 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Quite a few ex players having a bit of a dig tonight.

Fair enough, could be sour grapes, but nonetheless.

Willem has ‘liked’ the Stags insta page final score too.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:45 pm

It is not same old same old year after year at the football club Graham. We won the National League in 2012-2013 and finished 8th in 2017-2018 and 4th in 2018-2019. Can someone tell him we've been decent since the arrival of Steve Evans in 2016-2017. We were only rubbish last year under John Dempster. He was brought in to sort that out.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:00 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Someone should ask how Sunday league is going
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He is a tool
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:03 pm

The One wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He is a tool

Seems a shame to waste a chance asking how a sunday league player goes about his business when we can just go and ask Jordan bowery.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:25 am

There is a positive from yesterday, we scored from a corner :roll:

I can't remember who took it but good on them, they put it into the danger area - Cooky did the rest.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:29 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It is not same old same old year after year at the football club Graham. We won the National League in 2012-2013 and finished 8th in 2017-2018 and 4th in 2018-2019. Can someone tell him we've been decent since the arrival of Steve Evans in 2016-2017. We were only rubbish last year under John Dempster. He was brought in to sort that out.

simple fact is this guy's clutching at every straw he can now, he's desperate in every sense of the word. Dempster is a genius in comparison to the present incumbent, can't call him a manager.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:41 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Seen Davies call him a clown. Sterling James posted something but I'm not sure if it was sarcastic or not.

Bishop as well, to they layman. He did deny it though and blame it on some non-league setup, but I’m sceptical.

Bishop also liking tweets poking fun at the Stech mistake and also saying Coughlan sounds like a broken man.

It’s only a like so it’s nothing major but I just find it strange of him considering he’s still employed by the club. Granted he’s part of adifferent set up and won’t really be involved with the first team but hardly a good look. Not sure Coughlan or Stech would be too pleased.

Suppose it’s an insight as to what staff are thinking within the club anyway.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:51 am

BH_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Seen Davies call him a clown. Sterling James posted something but I'm not sure if it was sarcastic or not.

Bishop as well, to they layman. He did deny it though and blame it on some non-league setup, but I’m sceptical.

Bishop also liking tweets poking fun at the Stech mistake and also saying Coughlan sounds like a broken man.

It’s only a like so it’s nothing major but I just find it strange of him considering he’s still employed by the club. Granted he’s part of adifferent set up and won’t really be involved with the first team but hardly a good look. Not sure Coughlan or Stech would be too pleased.

hang on i thought he was still working for the club still?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:51 am

Bishop also liked a pic of DF which someone posted with the caption We miss you. All is not well it seems
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:53 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

hang on i thought he was still working for the club still?

He is. I find it pretty unprofessional on his part.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:26 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Bishop also liked a pic of DF which someone posted with the caption We miss you. All is not well it seems

One reason Dempster Failed... the players respected and liked Flitcroft and all wanted and believed they would succeed.. Ive been fortunate to be behind the scenes for a couple days at swindon when Gordon & Elšnik were on loan.. the vibe in the dressing room was unreal, every player, every staff member were all like best mates having a laugh and enjoying it. I cant imagine our current setup has anything close to that feeling. When he left I don't think anyone realised a bit of life at the club also left. Ultimately we didn't achieve anything and need to move forward and try and recreate that/ go one step better.

GC might pick up some wins etc and get us going eventually but its miles off what we need and I truly believe if he did improve this year, finish mid table then build next season and go one better again... we'd never survive in league one with him and it'd all be a waste of time. Id plan for the future now and get the right man in as soon as we can.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:50 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:HT: Mansfield Town 0 Bradford City 0

Speechless.

GC only has himself to blame as Aiden Stone played well at Newport County whereas Marek Stech has made big errors in 4 out of 5 games he has played.

I'm still puzzling over the second Bradford goal. How did we end up with three centre halfs within 5 yards of each other on the left hand side of the area? From watching it again, it seems it was caused by Farrend Rawson charging out of defence to pick up Clayton Donaldson. I think George Lapslie should also have checked his shoulder to pick up Conor Wood. Stech could also have saved it. Should Jordan Bowery or Nicky Maynard tracked back?

Bit of wishful thinking there mate ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Bishop also liked a pic of DF which someone posted with the caption We miss you. All is not well it seems

One reason Dempster Failed... the players respected and liked Flitcroft and all wanted and believed they would succeed.. Ive been fortunate to be behind the scenes for a couple days at swindon when Gordon & Elšnik were on loan.. the vibe in the dressing room was unreal, every player, every staff member were all like best mates having a laugh and enjoying it. I cant imagine our current setup has anything close to that feeling. When he left I don't think anyone realised a bit of life at the club also left. Ultimately we didn't achieve anything and need to move forward and try and recreate that/ go one step better.

GC might pick up some wins etc and get us going eventually but its miles off what we need and I truly believe if he did improve this year, finish mid table then build next season and go one better again... we'd never survive in league one with him and it'd all be a waste of time. Id plan for the future now and get the right man in as soon as we can.

Wrong.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Wrong.

Let it go Dan, its history
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:41 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Wrong.

oh here we go again, Dan knows it all because he's heard a rumour :lol:

I know a few players didn't like him, ive chatted with one or two about it including Anderson, I know DF confronted and made examples of them on the training ground. Ive met other players from other clubs who all hate him. But these are lads that were no where near it all. The majority did like him and to suggest he 'lost the dressing room' is nonsense , but I know it doesn't fit your narrative so you'll write an essay how your right and everyone else is wrong. If you ever want an honest assessment of the last couple seasons including that season, ask Mellis (who will also reveal what training was like under GC :? )
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Wrong.

I know a few players didn't like him, ive chatted with one or two about it including Anderson, I know DF confronted and made examples of them on the training ground. Ive met other players from other clubs who all hate him. But these are lads that were no where near it all. The majority did like him and to suggest he 'lost the dressing room' is nonsense , but I know it doesn't fit your narrative so you'll write an essay how your right and everyone else is wrong. If you ever want an honest assessment of the last couple seasons including that season, ask Mellis (who will also reveal what training was like under GC :? )

Do you work within the club??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Sedgwick wrote:If you ever want an honest assessment of the last couple seasons including that season, ask Mellis (who will also reveal what training was like under GC :? )

Wishful thinking?

Tell us more Sedgy :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:38 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Wrong.

You can't stand it that someone on here actually knows proper stuff rather than things they make up in their head like you can you? Why do you think we plummeted like a stone eh? He'd lost the dressing room, fact. And you keep on trying to belittle me by saying I don't know stuff, well just have a look at the Mal Benning thread and see what I put on there. Not bad for "an amateur photographer who knows raspberry all" as you said eh?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Wrong.

You can't stand it that someone on here actually knows proper stuff rather than things they make up in their head like you can you? Why do you think we plummeted like a stone eh? He'd lost the dressing room, fact. And you keep on trying to belittle me by saying I don't know stuff, well just have a look at the Mal Benning thread and see what I put on there. Not bad for "an amateur photographer who knows raspberry all" as you said eh?

So you now admit that you are an amateur photographer who knows nothing??
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum