{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Any Faith Left.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Any Faith Left.

Postby Kernow » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:14 am

Struggling to believe, can't hide behind JD any longer. Wonder what the Director of Football is thinking. Fed up of the long ball, no creativity. How much longer do we suffer?
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Re: Any Faith Left.

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:38 am

Yep. It’s far far too early to lose faith. I’d suggest manning up.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:47 am

bellwhiff wrote:Yep. It’s far far too early to lose faith. I’d suggest manning up.

And no sulking when we fall into the pit.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:56 am

i’m starting to struggle, really want to carry on supporting GC however it’s starting to get tough

come on players support ya a gaffa and get a win Saturday
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:59 am

bellwhiff wrote:Yep. It’s far far too early to lose faith. I’d suggest manning up.

Woah woah woah. Let's think of all the other genders aswell please..
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:26 pm

Keep hearing Paul Cook being mentioned, but in reality is there any chance of it happening?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:27 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Keep hearing Paul Cook being mentioned, but in reality is there any chance of it happening?

what from stags fans? :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:30 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Keep hearing Paul Cook being mentioned, but in reality is there any chance of it happening?

Probably not, but then again I never really expected us to get Evans after he was at Leeds. Granted he was sacked but he didn’t do an awful job there, but Cooks stock is higher than Evans was at that time.

You’d have to say it would be unlikely, The only reason there would ever be a chance is obviously his relationship with Sharpe. There’s a lot to be said for working for somebody that you trust and get along with at the moment, particularly in football.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:34 pm

Mansf1eld wrote:

Despite the recent clamour for inclusivity and equality now is probably not a good time to introduce a female or transsexual centre forward when we are desperate for points, maybe when we are coasting at the top of the table can we introduce a future Alex Scott in a Stags shirt. Peyton or Eli might be past it though and probably have a different definition of football to what is required. Maynard up should be the option once he gets back into his stride.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby ROKERITE » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:41 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Probably not, but then again I never really expected us to get Evans after he was at Leeds. Granted he was sacked but he didn’t do an awful job there, but Cooks stock is higher than Evans was at that time.

You’d have to say it would be unlikely, The only reason there would ever be a chance is obviously his relationship with Sharpe. There’s a lot to be said for working for somebody that you trust and get along with at the moment, particularly in football.

I'd be very surprised if Cook's next job is below Championship level.
ROKERITE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:51 pm

My head is screaming for once we need to stick with a manager, like its stupid to keep sacking managers every few years, im actually getting fed up with it.

but to stick with someone for the long term you need to have the right man in place, and my gut feeling right now is we don't have him.

but then again with no income, a wage cap we really need some stability so I think our hands are tied with this lot, get a win and some confidence and we won't be that bad.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Got to stick with him , :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:04 pm

I agree with you Sedgwick, we need to stick with someone for the long term, but it needs to be the right someone. Coughlan is not that man in my opinion.

It's a bit like marrying every lass you go out with as you think you need someone for the long term, but then wondering why you are thrice divorced!

GC talks about fitness and organisation, which is fine if the players you have have reached their potential from a technical standpoint.

Sharpe on the other hand talks about identifying and developing young talent, which assumes that the players we want to sign have not reached their full potential.

The two do not blend well and we need to find a coach who can develop players as this will match the club's business model and also keep fans happy with entertaining football. That's why I liked Flitcroft.

GC is not the man for us, but I fear that financially we are stuck with him. Let's hope that he can change his ways or we can introduce someone into the coaching staff who can develop players as opposed to playing the role of a Sgt Major.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:20 pm

I wonder if GC and sharpe work well together.

Rumours of rose being sold behind GC’s back seems to be gathering pace.

Moreover, normally a DOC but introduce a playing mantra or philosophy if you will, with a style of football to be played by the club from top to bottom.

Do aimlessly hoofballs into the carpark fit in with this mantra?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:32 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Mansf1eld wrote:

Despite the recent clamour for inclusivity and equality now is probably not a good time to introduce a female or transsexual centre forward when we are desperate for points, maybe when we are coasting at the top of the table can we introduce a future Alex Scott in a Stags shirt. Peyton or Eli might be past it though and probably have a different definition of football to what is required. Maynard up should be the option once he gets back into his stride.

Just to continue the thread, football is not a mixed sport. If someone wants to play then they must identify as male. If they’re born female and want to identify as male then crack on. They’d never make the grade because I’ve not seen a female footballer ever who would even make it on to the bench of a Conference team.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Faith has completely gone.

I don’t see how the formation is supposed to work

Plan a seems to be hoof
Plan b seems to be hoof
Plan c blame bad luck.

There’s very little movement off the ball

Passing is poor long diagonal balls

Position is given away freely

The players look lost and uncertain what to do and arnt working hard enough

The new centre backs look woeful and worse than last year

No movement upfront Bowery is woeful cook is marginally better

I’ve not seen anything in the games so far that gives me encouragement that this season is going to be anything other than a relegation battle.

Last nights performance was little more than a roll over and surrender, same as the league games.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Ste_collins1 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:13 pm

For me it has to be Maynard and cook upfront. Bowery is not great Reid not much better.

I don’t have much faith the season really.
Ste_collins1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:22 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Faith has completely gone.

I don’t see how the formation is supposed to work

Plan a seems to be hoof
Plan b seems to be hoof
Plan c blame bad luck.

There’s very little movement off the ball

Passing is poor long diagonal balls

Position is given away freely

The players look lost and uncertain what to do and arnt working hard enough

The new centre backs look woeful and worse than last year

No movement upfront Bowery is woeful cook is marginally better

I’ve not seen anything in the games so far that gives me encouragement that this season is going to be anything other than a relegation battle.

Last nights performance was little more than a roll over and surrender, same as the league games.

Ever heard the saying ,you have to stick together in the bad times ,its easy in the good times
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:47 pm

It's a low point all right, but now is the time to have faith and trust in Coughlan. He's done this before.
He's not getting sacked, and could do with a little encouragement rather than discussions about his replacement (and further discussions about who to go for when his replacement is sacked!).

It's a new squad, and although we'd all hoped that they'd be a formidable side from the off, it was always likely that they'd start slowly.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:54 pm

He's got it easy. Imagine if fans were allowed in on a Saturday
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:00 pm

I have little faith in the club, actually. Even less in those that run it. Unfortunately this includes our lord and saviours.

Whenever opportunity arises, we seem to find the very worst option and dive head-first into it.

Is the new training ground haunted, because ever since it opened we've been atrocious.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:06 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I have little faith in the club, actually. Even less in those that run it. Unfortunately this includes our lord and saviours.

Whenever opportunity arises, we seem to find the very worst option and dive head-first into it.

Is the new training ground haunted, because ever since it opened we've been atrocious.

Or are our fans just fickle
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Looking for positives, weren't Exeter 12 points adrift one year after 10 or so games but still made the playoffs?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Stick with it !
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Time has to be given but harder to do when progress is not being made and the quality and style if football is really poor. Already annoying signs like faith in 532 when players not right for it and signs of faith in individual players who are not looking good enough. BUT BUT BUT time still needs to be given.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum