{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Newport Score Thead. Sponsored by ifollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Newport Score Thead. Sponsored by ifollow

Postby Mansf1eld » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Sneag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:It’s not going to improve under this clueless Irish clown ..

Racist raspberry

Racist hahaha. You're part of todays problems crying everytime someone expresses an opinion.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:21 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:So the manager is getting blamed for making a necessary change, yet was criticised for not making them early enough the week before.Cant really win can he.

No the manager is getting the blame for the style of play and putting a team out each andevery week that both physically and mentally can not cope with a game of football for the last 15 minutes
Last edited by wink68 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:23 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:How about everybody calms down ,it was a good away performance ,we lost to a team newcastle could not beat ,by a dubious decision

I honestly want a pint of what you’ve been having for the past few years. I’ve never known anybody as continuously optimistic - genuinely fair play to you :lol:

Its easy accept that life is raspberries ,then do your best to make it better ,then look at people around ,are they better ,happier or just content no they are not ,man city fans moan ,liverpool fans fgs even my wife moans
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Whereas it was be ludicrous to do anything rash I wonder if the new CEO and radfords are going to be asking GC to explain the piss poor start and what he plans to do to address it.

The results and performances last season didn’t really improve the way it was expected, and here we are 5 games (or 6 if you count that dodgy cup thing against city) still without a win.

3 times they’ve taken the lead and they’ve lost 2, and conceded 2 in 10 minutes in the other to a side riddled with covid to draw.

On the face of it it’s simply not acceptable.

Boy does he need a win against Stevenage next week, fail to win what is an absolute home banker and there could be some fun and games.

Come on Mansfield, get with it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:29 pm

I watched a classic away performance today,it was brilliant ,UNTIL oh well
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:30 pm

spanishstag wrote:I watched a classic away performance today,it was brilliant ,UNTIL oh well

So the same classic away performance as orient.

If you’ve 2 classic away performances than gain 1 point I dread to think what the score will be when it’s a regular away performance :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Whatever we think, GC is now under massive pressure. I hope it turns in his/out favour soon.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:31 pm

It's OK though, the players are hurting. Never a handball and they didn't follow instructions etc etc.

In all of our games so far we've played well but faltered at key times and it's costing us.

We need to make a choice. If we want to continue with 3 at the back then let's keep possession and patiently build, Newport did that today and came away with 3 points. That's the bottom line.

We are woefully exposed now on how to deal with us. Keep possession and pass it around a bit (we'll let you), eventually we will just stop giving a damn and do something stupid and let you score.

I can take losing if we did all we could to stop the goal(s) but today was a poor clearance straight to Twine and the other is questionable but given which is the important part. Decisions like that happens all the time in football. At that point it would be 1-1 and the difference between a point and a loss.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:You'd say the same if he made no subs... its because you don't like bowery. Maynard was knackered and needed to come off.

It cost us the game Sedgy. No need to make changes that early when we are winning.

If a players is knackered upfront and the ball is coming back time and time again you have to make a change, which is what he did.

Jordan Bowery was wrong choice of sub as well. Andy Cook should have come on first as he has played better this season.

You do realise you're not the manager and your opinion isn't fact. Stop finding anything just to criticise the manager fgs

It's an opinion Sedgy. A football forum is for sharing opinions. That's the whole point of a forum. You can either agree or disagree. You would have brought Bowery on as a sub for Maynard. I wouldn't. I think GC made a mistake. You don't. That's fine.

We are also all managers sat in the stand (or watching on the internet). :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:43 pm

I actually think that was an improved performance today compared to the utter dross served upon the previous games. Unfortunately although it’s an improvement it is also not of a standard which will keep us in the league.

We looked better going forward and there wasn’t as much hoof and hope. A very poor clearance and a abysmal decision by a biased referee cost us a point today even though we probably deserved one.

I just can’t see the quality within the squad to get us competing whilst ever we use these tactics. There are some reasonable and experienced players but they aren’t suited to 3 at the back. We either need a couple more players before the window closes or we need a change of style.

Newport didn’t play well either but still did enough to dispatch us and we won’t keep coming up against teams having an off day. God help us when we play a team on the top of their game as this manager will get a tonking. They are now just about all his players so the excuses stop now.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Mansf1eld wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:It’s not going to improve under this clueless Irish clown ..

Racist raspberry

Racist hahaha. You're part of todays problems crying everytime someone expresses an opinion.

GC being Irish has no bearing on BtF 'opinion'.

The original statement is usuing GC nationality in a derogatory manner. Beyond the semantics of nationality v ethnicity, it's a textbook example of racism you ignorant raspberry.

In fact you know what, raspberry this place the bigots can have it.
Last edited by Sneag on Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Are we in a scrap?

We're 20th after 4 games With 2 points.

We're not in a relegation scrap on paper yet, it's too early. However, its the manner of the defeats and draws to date suggest we might be.

We should have at least 6 points.

We seem to have monumental errors within every player, and a frail mentality - that's a dangerous combination.

We need a win. ASAFP.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:46 pm

I listend to the Newport commentary 2nd half and they thought Stags played well second half
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:51 pm

I really hope I never see Rawson and Bowery in the Amber and Blue again
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Number63 wrote:I listend to the Newport commentary 2nd half and they thought Stags played well second half

We did probably the best we had played this season including being 2-0 up away at Orient

McLaughlin and Reid were excellent
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Anyone remember what a 3pts 5 o’clock on a Sat feels like ?
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:01 pm

I can't
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:02 pm

Spiritater wrote:I can't

looks like it’s going to be a long long season mi owd mate
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Anyone remember what a 3pts 5 o’clock on a Sat feels like ?

Gotta go back to the 15th February 2020 for that. Oddly enough a 1-0 win vs Newport.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:05 pm

Sneag wrote:
Mansf1eld wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Racist raspberry

The original statement is usuing GC nationality in a derogatory manner. Beyond the semantics of nationality v ethnicity, it's a textbook example of racism you ignorant raspberry.

You really are a clown mate.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:08 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Anyone remember what a 3pts 5 o’clock on a Sat feels like ?

Gotta go back to the 15th February 2020 for that. Oddly enough a 1-0 win vs Newport.

It was Northampton (2 1 away). Good day out, Seems like a long time ago!
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:10 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

as someone said at the start
it’s the hope that kills ya

nobody ever said being a Stags fan was going to be easy
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:10 pm

Sneag wrote:
Mansf1eld wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Racist raspberry

Sensational :lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:12 pm

Sneag wrote:
Mansf1eld wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Racist raspberry

Agreed.

If the manager was Pakistani and he was bringing it up every time then we'd all be up in arms. It's essentially racism dressed up as trolling.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby sunray » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:13 pm

wink68 wrote:
Why did we sack a decent manager.

Are we talking about Dempster who had 5 points after 4 games and no help from a Director of Football and previous managerial experiance. Also a better win rate than GC had last season.

The futures bright the futures promotion
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum