{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Newport Score Thead. Sponsored by ifollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Newport Score Thead. Sponsored by ifollow

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
wink68 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
wink68 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:What must our owners think?

Why did we sack a decent manager.

Yes. Hopefully they realise that was the big mistake.

1 to 11 nowhere near as good as 2 years ago. One panic decision and we've fallen off a cliff.

The chairwoman was right, sorry to say the rest of the board were wrong.

It's going to be a long season.

It would be wrong to sack GC at this point, despite how poor we look.

So how has Flitcroft the wonderboy done in his jobs since?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Cant judge a manager until he's played 10 games apparently, you never know we might have 5 points by then! So when are we playing teams that aren't our bogey teams? It's going to be a long hard season, no fans on their backs either, so what's to blame now, the penalty that wasn't a penalty or making 5 changes and it not working?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Billy the fish wrote:It’s not going to improve under this clueless Irish clown ..

Funk off eh, you spineless raspberry
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Sneag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:It’s not going to improve under this clueless Irish clown ..

Racist raspberry

Irish isn’t a race it’s a nationality
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Sedgwick wrote:You'd say the same if he made no subs... its because you don't like bowery. Maynard was knackered and needed to come off.

It cost us the game Sedgy. No need to make changes that early when we are winning.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:05 pm

It looked to me like it hit his right forearm?

If it did hit his left bicep then I take back my initial reaction
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:05 pm

stag324 wrote:we look devoid of confidence.Nobody wants the ball.
Midfield is a word not associated with us.
defending again is truly awful

The inability or inclination to have possession of football means you spend so long chasing the opposion that come the last 20 minutes we are knackered and concede goals. Not just today but most weeks. This style got us out the conference but I thought we'd moved on. But we've back to where we were with Paul Cox first league season.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:You'd say the same if he made no subs... its because you don't like bowery. Maynard was knackered and needed to come off.

It cost us the game Sedgy. No need to make changes that early when we are winning.

If a players is knackered upfront and the ball is coming back time and time again you have to make a change, which is what he did.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 pm

S7AGS wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Racist raspberry

How about Xenophobic raspberry then ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:08 pm

I thought we actually played quite well.Two defensive mistakes cost us.Bowery not good enough.Reid grew into the game.Newport top of the league.Does anyone think they will stay there.I still think we have the right manager.See where we are at the end of the season.We can still make the top seven.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:08 pm

Gc won't be sacked, we've done that time and time again and got nowhere. This could be our Ainsworth season.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:08 pm

wink68 wrote:Will work really hard and be the best team first half without scoring. Run out of steam 2nd half ans get a battering. Just put this on every score thread for rest of season.

Just saying. From page one.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:09 pm

geoffhill wrote:I thought we actually played quite well.Two defensive mistakes cost us.Bowery not good enough.Reid grew into the game.Newport top of the league.Does anyone think they will stay there.I still think we have the right manager.See where we are at the end of the season.We can still make the top seven.

We were crap first half but stayed in the game. Agreed tho Second half we were better and did look much improved. We've not had that many poor performances this season and its a brand new young team..

Give them time.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:10 pm

How about everybody calms down ,it was a good away performance ,we lost to a team newcastle could not beat ,by a dubious decision
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:10 pm

geoffhill wrote:I thought we actually played quite well.Two defensive mistakes cost us.Bowery not good enough.Reid grew into the game.Newport top of the league.Does anyone think they will stay there.I still think we have the right manager.See where we are at the end of the season.We can still make the top seven.

Only if games last 70 minutes.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:11 pm

So the manager is getting blamed for making a necessary change, yet was criticised for not making them early enough the week before.Cant really win can he.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:12 pm

S7AGS wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Racist raspberry

Bigotted raspberry then. It's that better?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Completely agree
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:13 pm

spanishstag wrote:How about everybody calms down ,it was a good away performance ,we lost to a team newcastle could not beat ,by a dubious decision

I honestly want a pint of what you’ve been having for the past few years. I’ve never known anybody as continuously optimistic - genuinely fair play to you :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

If a players is knackered upfront and the ball is coming back time and time again you have to make a change, which is what he did.

Jordan Bowery was wrong choice of sub as well. Andy Cook should have come on first as he has played better this season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:17 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Jordan Bowery was wrong choice of sub as well. Andy Cook should have come on first as he has played better this season.

Generally Bowery has been better at tracking back. Shame that his first touch was a scuffed attempt at a clearance.

Who'd be a manager.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

You do realise you're not the manager and your opinion isn't fact. Stop finding anything just to criticise the manager fgs
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:19 pm

It's unfair to blame the manager alone. That's three games running that we have given games away by shocking defending and the players have to take some responsibility for that.

I'm on the fence with GC. I like him and respect the way he conducts himself. The problem is have is that brand of football is poor and based upon his results it is ineffective.

Football is a results based business and many managers have been sacked with similar records.

I don't think he will turn it around, but would be happy to persevere for another 5-6 games and see if he can.

JR must be at least thinking about getting rid now?
Last edited by kevin kents tasce on Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Most of the comments about the manager on here make you embarrassed to be a fellow supporter.
That wasn't a bad performance at all, against a team doing really well at the moment. As said above we were punished for the only major error in defence and a poor decision by the ref. I shudder to think how that ref would have coped ,if there had been the usual Newport crowd in..
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Kenwood » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Bowery has worked really hard going back towards his own goal in the games he has played this season. Away from home going into the last 15 mins it was probably the right choice

Nothing wrong with the choice of sub in my opinion especially as Maynard will still not be fully fit

It was however a woeful clearance by him and from that moment you just knew we’d concede another
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum