{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Reality and a creek made of poo

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Reality and a creek made of poo

Postby Old timer » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Is it just me are are we overlooking the reality of the situation? I see people arguing over recent performances, goalkeepers, formations, manager records, whether we are going to get promotion or relegation etc. This is not a normal season. We are in a the second wave of a pandemic where many of the clubs in the football league will go out of business in the next few weeks or months with little or no income stream. The whole league and non league structure is about to come crashing down on us unless someone somewhere takes some very rapid and real action to stop clubs going out of business. It's like we arguing over the boats on the Titanic.

I'm personally off to AFC Mansfield tonight. I went last week for the FA Cup game. It's nowhere near the quality of the Stags, (insert joke here after Saturday), but a real football game with real people in the stands and you can take your plastic pint pot into the stand!

I can't see me going to another competitive game with fans in the foreseeable future. Watching games online is simply not a viable commercial alternative for clubs. We need a viable vaccine or a part of the obscene wealth of the Premier League to keep us going.

I really don't know what I would do with £500k a week and a massive signing on fee but I do know that I would build a statue and name a stand at every League 2 club after any Premier League player who decided to donate that to keep this division going this season!
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Reality and a creek made of poo

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:20 pm

OWS.

Unfortunately due to corvid regs, you can’t drink in the stand. The welfare is limited to 60 customers and all must drink at the table and table service is compulsory. It also has to shut at 10.

You maybe lucky and get a pint in after the game but I wouldn’t count on it.

I can see some abandoning the game for a pint in the second half particularly if it’s cold and wet.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Reality and a creek made of poo

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:35 pm

There was an article on Radio 4 this morning about the PL helping out down the league and the consensus was that they might do it but they’ll need poking hard. If they don’t then the Pl can jog on and I’ll go watch rugby. If there’s any left there to watch.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum