{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Krystian Pierce

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Krystian Pierce

Postby Uncle » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:53 am

Training/ being worked out up at Bolton as of this morning
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Krystian Pierce

Postby Sharp » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Good luck to him, astonished he's not found another club already.
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 pm

We could do with him back and white
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby stag324 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 pm

Sharp wrote:Good luck to him, astonished he's not found another club already.

makes you wonder why....
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:50 pm

Pierce is certainly a cut above what we currently have on show.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby spainmick » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:51 pm

In his earlier years at Mansfield he was....last year he certainly wasn't up to a high level...too many mistakes and too slow
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby smulls » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:34 pm

oldweststander wrote:Pierce is certainly a cut above what we currently have on show.

No, he was a liability last season. His time was up.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sharp » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:59 pm

stag324 wrote:
Sharp wrote:Good luck to him, astonished he's not found another club already.

makes you wonder why....

I'm guessing it's juts a depressed market this year. Maynard looked elsewhere and then came back to us right at the end, maybe the same with Pearce?

Pearce was excellent for us throughout his tenure, with a drop off last year, as there was across the entire squad but he was by no means the worst of the bunch. There was never any question marks against his character or commitment so can't see any other reason apart from the market itself. Either way I hope to see him do well.
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:07 pm

spainmick wrote:In his earlier years at Mansfield he was....last year he certainly wasn't up to a high level...too many mistakes and too slow

Have you seen this season's back three?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Farrend Rawson is a no nonsense head it and kick it centre half but Krystian Pearce is a better defender and is better on the ball as he can bring it out of defence if necessary. He's also quicker :lol:

I think it was a big mistake to release the Chief and is probably due to a clash of personalities than for footballing reasons. Krystian seems to be being blamed for the JD failure. He was clearly unhappy after DF left. It's a shame because GC got Krystian back to his best after he was initially dropped after a bust up about GC's additional training sessions.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Farrend Rawson is a no nonsense head it and kick it centre half but Krystian Pearce is a better defender and is better on the ball as he can bring it out of defence if necessary. He's also quicker :lol:

I think it was a big mistake to release the Chief and is probably due to a clash of personalities than for footballing reasons. Krystian seems to be being blamed for the JD failure. He was clearly unhappy after DF left. It's a shame because GC got Krystian back to his best after he was initially dropped after a bust up about GC's additional training sessions.

It’s a bit unfair to compare Rawson and Pearce’s ability on the ball. Rawson barely touches the ball unless he’s heading it or clearing it. His manager does not want him to play out from the back, whereas Pearce was encouraged to do so for most of his time here.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:20 pm

oldweststander wrote:Pierce is certainly a cut above what we currently have on show.

I agree.

Our defence is weaker now.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Vice President wrote:

I agree.

Well we're probably gonna get relegated if it was any worse than last year :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:51 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
spainmick wrote:In his earlier years at Mansfield he was....last year he certainly wasn't up to a high level...too many mistakes and too slow

They've played 3 games together, shut up.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:52 pm

Vice President wrote:

I agree.

we finished 21st last year and he way key in a terrible back 4, his time was up and things need to be freshened up.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:17 pm

:lol: :D
Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

They've played 3 games together, shut up.

:lol: :lol: wish they showed as much fight at set pieces.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:47 am

Would have Pearce back over rawson any day of the week... Shame really cos I think in a 4-4-2 a pairing of Pearce & menayese would of worked well.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:59 am

As much as I loved Pearce, he is a player in decline and we are going with players on the rise. All 3 of our defenders are good, promising players who will only improve. Sweeney will be a better ball player and defender than Pearce ever was and Rawson and Rollin, who are different types of player entirely, will do well in the game. It's more important that we have players who fit our team togetherness and system.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:17 am

There are differing views on Krystian Pierce, yes he wasn't up to scratch last term but who was. A disastrous pre season and clueless man management by Dempster messed everyone up.

Today, I feel, with a good pre season behind him he would have been a better option than any of the three incumbents. Players for the future maybe, players for now, not yet?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:28 am

Good luck to the chief Hope he finds somewhere soon
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:40 pm

ParisStag wrote:As much as I loved Pearce, he is a player in decline and we are going with players on the rise. All 3 of our defenders are good, promising players who will only improve. Sweeney will be a better ball player and defender than Pearce ever was and Rawson and Rollin, who are different types of player entirely, will do well in the game. It's more important that we have players who fit our team togetherness and system.

I always thought Pearce's ball playing ability was over egged a bit, but to say Sweeney is a better ball player than Pearce is just wrong. Sweeney isn't good on the ball at all, in fact, probably the weakest of our defenders at the minute.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:49 pm

James wrote:
ParisStag wrote:As much as I loved Pearce, he is a player in decline and we are going with players on the rise. All 3 of our defenders are good, promising players who will only improve. Sweeney will be a better ball player and defender than Pearce ever was and Rawson and Rollin, who are different types of player entirely, will do well in the game. It's more important that we have players who fit our team togetherness and system.

I always thought Pearce's ball playing ability was over egged a bit, but to say Sweeney is a better ball player than Pearce is just wrong. Sweeney isn't good on the ball at all, in fact, probably the weakest of our defenders at the minute.

Sweeney is definitely better on the ball.

Pearce's second touch was usually a tackle, resulting in a free kick. He had no control whatsoever and his passing was pretty bad too.

He was an old-fashioned blocker. Nothing more.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:53 pm

James wrote:

I didn't say he IS better than Pearce, I said he WILL BE.

Sweens is already the best ball playing defender we have and will continue to improve. He'll play Championship level, you mark my words.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:11 pm

I think L2 is about Sweeney's level in my opinion. He's a decent L2 defender, but nothing more. I wouldn't say he's improved with us in 2 years either, so not sure where you're expecting a sudden improvement to make him a future Championship defender.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:41 pm

James wrote:I think L2 is about Sweeney's level in my opinion. He's a decent L2 defender, but nothing more. I wouldn't say he's improved with us in 2 years either, so not sure where you're expecting a sudden improvement to make him a future Championship defender.

He will play higher for sure. Being a left footed centre back goes a long way.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum