{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stats on Stags - Exeter (H)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stats on Stags - Exeter (H)

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:22 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Re: Stats on Stags - Exeter (H)

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:29 pm

A good write up Sam. Who was your Man of the Match?

Do you think Corey O'Keeffe had on off day or had Exeter done their research and stopped him getting the ball (although Ryan Sweeney managed to do that with his wind assisted diagonals into the West Stand :lol: )?

It looks like Charsley was more deeper than against Tranmere and Orient which was probably due to us playing more long balls.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:37 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A good write up Sam. Who was your Man of the Match?

Do you think Corey O'Keeffe had on off day or had Exeter done their research and stopped him getting the ball (although Ryan Sweeney managed to do that with his wind assisted diagonals into the West Stand :lol: )?

It looks like Charsley was more deeper than against Tranmere and Orient which was probably due to us playing more long balls.

Tough day for a man of the match. Between Cook and Clarke for me. Cook did his job, won a lot of headers, put one on a plate for Charsley but slightly disappointed he didn’t score early on. It was a tricky chance but he’s usually good with those type of chances. Clarke’s pass for the Cook chance was excellent, and he did really well for the goal, controlling a tricky pass and playing a great ball for Charsley.

I think O’Keeffe didn’t receive the ball in areas where he could be effective. His set pieces were generally poor as well.

Yes Charsley much deeper than in recent weeks. Would say that was due to him doing much more tracking back than he has in previous weeks, with Clarke and Maris struggling to cope. There needs to be a better balance with Charsley. It’s tricky because he causes problems playing high but Maris and Clarke need more help.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:57 pm

We were out numbered in midfield ,disappointed Graham did not address that
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:09 pm

Something I didn’t mention which I meant to, I don’t understand why he didn’t take one of the centre backs off after Exeter scored, or at the very least stick one of them up front for the last ten minutes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:40 pm

Great stuff mate. Love how you’ve used the pics too.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:58 am

Excellent work. Menayese comes out very well in the stats.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:51 am

Dan wrote:Great stuff mate. Love how you’ve used the pics too.

Thanks Dan, your pictures were a massive help.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:57 am

Bradders wrote:Excellent work. Menayese comes out very well in the stats.

Thanks Bradders.

I’ve seen Menayese being criticised it some places, a bit harshly IMO. He wasn’t directly involved with any of the goals, although did conceded the corner for the second under little pressure, but this should have been communicated to him better by his teammates. He scored and was involved in the Charsley chance. He worries me a little on the ball in deep positions, and he gets too tight to attackers when they’re running at him.

It’s particularly frustrating we’re conceding from corners when you taking into account the centre backs aerial stats. Menayese 70% of duels won, Sweeney 82% and Rawson 74%.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Rollin Menayese was my Man of the Match against Exeter. He was also my Man of the Match against Tranmere. Whoscored also had him as top rated Stags player in both games.

Defending set pieces has already become an achilles heel for the Stags with goals conceded from four corners (Preston, Orient and Exeter x 2). The players to blame have been Rawson x 3, Perch, Cook, Stech, Sweeney and O'Keeffe.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:57 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Bradders wrote:Excellent work. Menayese comes out very well in the stats.

Thanks Bradders.

I’ve seen Menayese being criticised it some places, a bit harshly IMO. He wasn’t directly involved with any of the goals, although did conceded the corner for the second under little pressure, but this should have been communicated to him better by his teammates. He scored and was involved in the Charsley chance. He worries me a little on the ball in deep positions, and he gets too tight to attackers when they’re running at him.

It’s particularly frustrating we’re conceding from corners when you taking into account the centre backs aerial stats. Menayese 70% of duels won, Sweeney 82% and Rawson 74%.

He seems quite good on the ball, and takes the trouble to pick a pass rather than the usual hit and hope. I suppose that's what worries you in that he will delay the pass slightly. I'm more worried when attackers are running at him; like you say he gets too tight and gambles that he'll get a tackle in.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum