{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pay to park at patey!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Pay to park at patey!

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:35 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
BigDave wrote:Just gone past carpark they’ve got pay and display signs up and parking cameras for none match days! Up to too hours £1.50 and up to 10 hours is £10, hours between 7 am and 5:30pm Sunday to Friday

Where is the logic in this

2 hours = 75p an hour

10 hours = £1 an hour

I take 5 two hour slots and save £2.50 :lol: :geek:

I would guess that like most car parks there will be a 'no return within a certain period' clause so you can't just buy 2 x 2 hour tickets back to back as you have to leave the car park and not come back for an hour or more. :roll:

;) I think is point was you should get a better price the longer you stay.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:33 am

Sneag wrote:
Bradders wrote:
old ram stag wrote:What a negative thread, these charges will not effect stags fans using the SP and possibly bring in needed funds, everyone is doing it even my daughter's dance school, just input your reg when using the facility and it's free.

So if you're dropping in to the club shop or SP midweek, you suggest having to key in your car reg number before going to the counter. And if you get it wrong or forget, facing a fine - no doubt £60, or £30 if you don't argue and delay. Or more, as I know from several car parking disputes over the years.

I suggest that if the club wants donations then they do it the honest way and ask for fans to chip in to a fund.
It's a negative thread because people aren't impressed.

It's only a minor gripe, of course, but the more times you're thinking how things used to be better, the more often you regret just accepting small downgrades. It's how town centres got killed off, little annoyances being added until they heaped up into a big annoyance.

If I was nipping in the club shop I wouldn't pay. Now that's what I call anarchy. :D

Snap. Just park in the players spaces I’m sure that area won’t be covered by it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:43 am

Dan wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Bradders wrote:
old ram stag wrote:What a negative thread, these charges will not effect stags fans using the SP and possibly bring in needed funds, everyone is doing it even my daughter's dance school, just input your reg when using the facility and it's free.

So if you're dropping in to the club shop or SP midweek, you suggest having to key in your car reg number before going to the counter. And if you get it wrong or forget, facing a fine - no doubt £60, or £30 if you don't argue and delay. Or more, as I know from several car parking disputes over the years.

I suggest that if the club wants donations then they do it the honest way and ask for fans to chip in to a fund.

It's only a minor gripe, of course, but the more times you're thinking how things used to be better, the more often you regret just accepting small downgrades. It's how town centres got killed off, little annoyances being added until they heaped up into a big annoyance.

If I was nipping in the club shop I wouldn't pay. Now that's what I call anarchy. :D

Snap. Just park in the players spaces I’m sure that area won’t be covered by it.

Is that another example of getting something for nothing?. Maybe they should pay you to park there.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:30 am

Bradders don't put it in wrong then how hard can it be? it takes 10 seconds, it makes the club money that we the fans are not giving them at the moment, it benefits the club, so we gain in the long run, for Christ sake how bored are people to moan and pick fault about everything the club try.
And if it's the same system as dance school first 15 mins no action needed.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Apparently, customers give their reg no. to folk behind bar at SP bar and they can stay for free for 3 hours.

Looks like only way you can pay is on-line, there don’t seem to be any ticket machines.

Apparently you can set up a direct debit on line and they just debit your account every time you go in.

Also get charged from first minute, no first 15 mins free.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:47 pm

part time pete wrote:Apparently, customers give their reg no. to folk behind bar at SP bar and they can stay for free for 3 hours.

Looks like only way you can pay is on-line, there don’t seem to be any ticket machines.

Apparently you can set up a direct debit on line and they just debit your account every time you go in.

I parked somewhere with that arrangement in Doncaster. Took 15 minutes to sort out, via website, text and two phone calls, cost £2, and all I wanted to do was pick something up. That part was 2 minutes. No surprise that I'm never parking there again.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Bradders wrote:
part time pete wrote:Apparently, customers give their reg no. to folk behind bar at SP bar and they can stay for free for 3 hours.

I parked somewhere with that arrangement in Doncaster. Took 15 minutes to sort out, via website, text and two phone calls, cost £2, and all I wanted to do was pick something up. That part was 2 minutes. No surprise that I'm never parking there again.

It does sound a lot of pissing about. By the time you'd done all that you could park in the ratail park & walk to the shop & back.
Last edited by Sneag on Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:05 pm

Bradders wrote:

All parking is like that in MK, no cash machines, they were to many thefts.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Bradders wrote:

I refuse to pay to park in the town centre. I will always park further away and walk in rather than risk a fine to spend money in the town centre. For that reason I very rarely visit the town at all these last few years. This scheme will put me off visiting the Sandy Pate bar too. It will also put me off using the SSA away travel if we are faced with a parking charge if attending a midweek away game.

Every obstacle that the club creates, be it cashless turnstiles, no away tickets for sale to visiting supporters on match days or these car parking charges in my option, will decrease overall revenue generation. Then again what do I know, I'm only a customer.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:56 pm

The one mentioned Milton Keynes, drink
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:The one mentioned Milton Keynes, drink

Its a comparision, pay at Stadium MK and retail park.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:00 pm

I would willing pay the same amount to park at the ground as the first team do to ‘park the bus’ when defending a lead.

Currently I can see me getting a rebate!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:07 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:The one mentioned Milton Keynes, drink

:lol:
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Bradders wrote:

Is that another example of getting something for nothing?. Maybe they should pay you to park there.

Completely lost me with this.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Sorry Dan, I got my posters mixed up. Unreserved apologies
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Sorry Dan, I got my posters mixed up. Unreserved apologies

It’s ok mate I was a bit confused (it doesn’t take much!)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:37 am

Who were you on about then :D
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum