{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Grecians scorefred sponsored by Home win needed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by Home win needed

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:51 pm

We won't be going up this year, but that's probably because the season doesn't end until 2021
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:09 pm

Football is a simple game:

1. Play with a conventional back 4
2. Play the ball to feet.
3. Movement & Triangles: look to come and collect the ball and then move forward.

This is the antithesis of how we are currently playing.

Fair enough if the manager doesn't like (1) - provided we aren't conceding too many goals - but at least we should be focusing strongly on (2) & (3).

Of course (4) fitness, (5) defending set pieces and (6) creating and (7) taking scoring opportunities are a prerequisite.

It is far too early to talk about sackings. After 12-20 games would be a better position to assess things.

Ultimately (8) confidence/morale can decide a managers fate. However, (9) Results are all that count, and if we are winning games regularly who cares about the other 8 factors. That said, all of these factors are inextricably linked. I believe that going back to 1,2,3 will be a good place to start.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:18 pm

If football is so simple ,how come you have listed at lesst 9 basic rules
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:14 pm

Vice President wrote:Football is a simple game:

3. Movement & Triangles: look to come and collect the ball and then move forward.

Fair enough if the manager doesn't like (1) - provided we aren't conceding too many goals - but at least we should be focusing strongly on (2) & (3).

Of course (4) fitness, (5) defending set pieces and (6) creating and (7) taking scoring opportunities are a prerequisite.

It is far too early to talk about sackings. After 12-20 games would be a better position to assess things.

Ultimately (8) confidence/morale can decide a managers fate. However, (9) Results are all that count, and if we are winning games regularly who cares about the other 8 factors. That said, all of these factors are inextricably linked. I believe that going back to 1,2,3 will be a good place to start.

If football is so simple a game could you please explain why you haven’t led the Stags to ‘back to back European Cup’ success?

It is also a game of opinions, whereby ours in the stand does not count but only that of the fella picking the side does.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:21 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:

If football is so simple a game could you please explain why you haven’t led the Stags to ‘back to back European Cup’ success?

It is also a game of opinions, whereby ours in the stand does not count but only that of the fella picking the side does.

On the first point: because there are better suited people than myself for that - and my talents lie elsewhere.
On the second point: I refer to the answer that i gave SpanishStag .... I think that you will find the whole point of this website is for people to offer their opinions ... all of which are equally valid.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:24 pm

Vice President wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

On the first point: because there are better suited people than myself for that - and my talents lie elsewhere.
On the second point: I refer to the answer that i gave SpanishStag .... I think that you will find the whole point of this website is for people to offer their opinions ... all of which are equally valid.

I agree with you wholeheartedly so, without differing opinions football would be bland and long may we continue to differ. COYS
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum