{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jordan Graham signs for Tamworth / Tom Fielding

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Jordan Graham signs for Tamworth / Tom Fielding

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:14 pm

http://www.thelambs.co.uk/news/four-sig ... n-9707.htm

Finally it is a welcome to Jordan Graham who joins from Mansfield Town. 22 yrs old Jordan was promoted to the Stags' first team in 2018/19 after impressing Mansfield's first team and academy coaches. The forward made his League debut in the first game of the 2018/19 season, appearing as a substitute in Stags' 3-0 win over Newport County. A recurring knee injury sidelined the striker for almost eight months, but he made his return to reserve team football in 2019/20. Welcome Jordan!

----------------------

Graham scores twice against Stourbridge:

Tues 22 Sept 2020

http://www.thelambs.co.uk/matches/lambs ... t-2282.htm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Jordan Graham signs for Tamworth

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:33 pm

Jordan Graham teams up at Tamworth with Lindon Meikle and Henri Wilder. He came off the bench in the 70th minute tonight and scored two goals on his debut in a 3-3 home draw against Stourbridge. He also scored his penalty in the shoot out which Tamworth won 5-4. Great debut.

Aaron O'Connor was also on the bench for Tamworth.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:00 am

Good luck youth
hopefully found his level
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:27 am

The lad may yet surpise us. His injury set him back and hampered his development. Playing every week if he scores a shed load he may yet get back to t'FL
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:34 am

Good luck Jordan.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 am

I reckon he will end up higher than that. Best of luck to him.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:26 pm

Conker wrote:I reckon he will end up higher than that. Best of luck to him.

i don’t
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:28 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Jordan Graham signs for Tamworth / Tom Fielding

Postby Amberheart » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:32 am

I wish them well , good luck lads
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:43 am

Another youth prospect bites the dust. Tyrese Sinclair is clearly the best hope of breaking through.

Good luck Jordan and Tom. Go and enjoy your football and prove people wrong. Sometimes you just need to find a manager who believes in you and trusts you; and who will stick you in the team even if you have a bad game. Unfortunately managers in the top 6 or 7 divisions are always under pressure to get results or they get the boot.

Who has Tom Fielding signed for?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:50 pm

Does the Youth academy actually work....for Mansfield Town FC I mean? I don’t see it bearing fruit much. Does anyone know? I love the idea, but surely costs more than it makes for little gain.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:24 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Does the Youth academy actually work....for Mansfield Town FC I mean? I don’t see it bearing fruit much. Does anyone know? I love the idea, but surely costs more than it makes for little gain.

The chances of young footballers making it is very slim, and I mean at a good level. We've got the likes of Knowles, Sinclair, Smith (tin hat on) and probably a few more that are coming through. Seems to be more than we've had for yonks.

Realistically we aren't going to be getting wonderkids through every year, but youth academies are how a lot of lower league teams earn their coin by selling their young players.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:37 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Does the Youth academy actually work....for Mansfield Town FC I mean? I don’t see it bearing fruit much. Does anyone know? I love the idea, but surely costs more than it makes for little gain.

Ignorance in its self right here. To regenerate the academy to a point of the likes of bappa, Lawrence and dis takes along time. Weve only just started playing similar rated academies at the under16 level.

Yes it does cost money but it's better spent there than paying paul Anderson and calum butcher 4k a week.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:50 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

Ignorance in its self right here. To regenerate the academy to a point of the likes of bappa, Lawrence and dis takes along time. Weve only just started playing similar rated academies at the under16 level.

Yes it does cost money but it's better spent there than paying paul Anderson and calum butcher 4k a week.

Not ignorance MTFCMAD, just a genuine question from someone who knows very little about our youth players. Most never seem to play for us. I get your point about Bappa, Liam and Disley, however just like the class of ‘92 that is almost an impossible second lightening strike.
It was a genuine question regarding the financing of the youth structure. I, like you don’t want us chucking money around on player wages but feel that’s how it will be anyway.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:01 pm

The problem with the current youth team set up is that they will not be able to play for the first team as they are in a youth team bubble.Sinclair Knowles and Scott have signed pro contracts so are eligible to play for the first team.There are a couple of the youth team who are playing very well but are stuck where they are unless they sign a full contract.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:24 pm

geoffhill wrote:The problem with the current youth team set up is that they will not be able to play for the first team as they are in a youth team bubble.Sinclair Knowles and Scott have signed pro contracts so are eligible to play for the first team.There are a couple of the youth team who are playing very well but are stuck where they are unless they sign a full contract.

Yes I do like the look of Knowles and Sinclair. Hopefully they do well. Thanks Geoff.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum