{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Prep for fans returning/bail-out/Project big picture etc

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Prep for fans returning/fans return scrapped/bail-out

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Can clubs just go against the government and do their own thing?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Dan wrote:Can clubs just go against the government and do their own thing?

Only if they become party donors.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:05 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:06 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:07 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:09 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:20 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stoney » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:03 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

That's quite a sad page. It says the Premier League are saying £200m is over the top in potentially saving many towns football clubs. Then a few inches across there is the article on Man United bidding for Sancho at £90m.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:30 am

Premier League teams shouldn't go crying about needing financial support when there's teams spending over 50-100 million on players. They don't need help, it's non league football and leagues two/one and maybe some championship teams that need it. I think we are in real danger of losing a lot of teams unless support is offered to clubs that really need it.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:08 pm

from https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54 ... m2=twitter

Premier League support for EFL clubs could be reached in coming week - Oliver Dowden

A deal for the Premier League to support lower-league clubs during the coronavirus pandemic "could be reached this coming week".

Plans for some fans to return to stadiums from 1 October will not go ahead because of the rising number of coronavirus cases, and it is feared the postponement could have a "devastating" impact on clubs.

Speaking on the Andrew Marr Show, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said England's top division needs to "start looking after the football family as a whole" and he was hopeful an agreement could be made over the coming days.

"I've been in touch with the Premier League a lot over the past few days. They are working closely with the EFL to see how they can support them," said Dowden.

"The Prime Minister and I have been clear: the Premier League needs to start looking after the football family as a whole, and indeed they are having productive conversations.

"I am hopeful that they will reach a deal this coming week in relation to that, and then beyond that, look across at all sports."

The fan pilot programme, which had already been restricted to 1,000 people per game in September, has been paused. Dowden said there had been no positive cases from pilots that had already taken place but that under advice from the chief scientific adviser and the chief medical officer, "it would not be wise to undertake any further easements".

"It's not just in the stadium, it's the journey to and from the stadium as well. At each of those points there are chances for further social interaction and risk of virus spreads, so right now is not the time to do it," he said.

Dowden added that the Premier League "appreciates" its help is needed to support EFL clubs, and that he is confident an agreement will soon be reached.

It is not yet known when fans will be able to return, with current government restrictions likely to remain in place for six months.

But Dowden said the government was working with clubs and medical advisers to seek "further innovations" to decrease risks.

"We are continuing to explore what would be the ideal solution in the absence of a vaccine which would be if you have large amount of in-day testing to give people a so-called freedom pass to be able to go into those stadiums," he said.

"We are exploring that, we are exploring further technological innovations, but we are also looking at how we can support the clubs through this difficult period."

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:02 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Ha. Imagine if chesterfield and Notts didn't have a league to play in.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:10 pm

The Championship are at risk of ducking it up for L1/2 - most clubs at champ spent their entire income just on player wages.

£200m alone for the champ is pittance.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:31 pm

The clubs that I feel sorry for in all of this are the part time clubs who have done well for themselves and have now found themselves classed as 'elite' because they have risen to the National League North or South.
I was speaking to a Curzon Ashton fan yesterday and he was saying that if they don't start playing soon, and in front of crowds, they will go bust before xmas.
The farce of it is that their average crowds are lower than some in the leagues below who are now allowed to have limited numbers of spectators at their games.
EFL clubs are worrying, but at least they have some level of income through Ifollow - clubs down at that level have nothing at the moment and how much will they get from any bailout from the Premiership ?
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:43 pm

She was also on The World at One on Radio 4 at lunchtime saying more or less the same.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:10 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

She was also on The World at One on Radio 4 at lunchtime saying more or less the same.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't quite get my head around that. She states that they could safely accommodate all their season ticket holders, but surely that won't make them any more money if these people have already paid ? Opening the gates to season ticket holders incurs costs in terms of staffing, cleaning, etc. which are not currently being paid. How would just letting season ticket holders in be of any financial benefit ?
Even if everyone bought a pie and a drink it wouldn't cover the costs of opening the stadium.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:55 pm

I think it is a first step, you might say a ‘loss leader’. Until you get in season ticket holders then there is no way you can get in others at a later date.

Port Vale have a large stadium for their support and could accommodate quite a few non ST holders.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:59 pm

If no fans then they can claim a refund. Imagine if they all demand a refund I think that's why they want ST holders back.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:47 pm

Walsall Chairman has said that the club will be offering refunds to season ticket holders but he is hoping fans will agree to leave the money in the club. They have sold 2,000 season tickets.

Col U had to refund £110,416.90 on season tickets for last season. £26,817.28 (24.2%) remained within the club for the time being with £15,442.94 being transferred to Privilege Cards (can be used to pay at tills in stadium for food and drink) and £11,374.34 being transferred to Club United to be used for fans' projects.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:40 pm

gazza1988 wrote:If no fans then they can claim a refund. Imagine if they all demand a refund I think that's why they want ST holders back.

Not sure where people would stand on getting refunds this season as they have been offered a 'suitable alternative' with the live matches on Ifollow. There are no refunds on a rail ticket if you get a replacement bus service.
Blackpool definitely put something on their website about there being no refunds for matches shown online.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:If no fans then they can claim a refund. Imagine if they all demand a refund I think that's why they want ST holders back.

Not sure where people would stand on getting refunds this season as they have been offered a 'suitable alternative' with the live matches on Ifollow. There are no refunds on a rail ticket if you get a replacement bus service.
Blackpool definitely put something on their website about there being no refunds for matches shown online.

If they wanted to, the original plan was fans back in October, now that's not the case and they look set to pay more than non ST holders to view games.

I guess as well that a season ticket is to guarantee admittance to the one call stadium which they aren't able to do. You could argue they can through the camera lens but at a huge markup on "individual sales" of match passes.

It could be a minefield.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 pm

The conditions on buying a season ticket were

Should matches be played behind closed doors, season ticket holders for the 2020/21 season will receive a complimentary voucher code to watch home first team matches on iFollow Stags - the club’s online digital channel – until One Call Stadium can open its doors to supporters.

So no refunds
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:16 am

I don't think the majority of season ticket holders would want a refund. They knew the risk of no fans all season, and would likely want to support the club at a tough time. I just hope that come next season they are appreciated a bit more, be that a discount next year, free scarf etc. Rather than being rinsed for one of the most expensive season tickets in the league.
Hjeldefan
First Team
First Team

Postby Kernow » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:48 am

Refund not required, just want a winning team.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Why can't Ifollow be extended to the lower leagues. Surely Ifollow take a cut of the game fee so what's the problem
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum