{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Prep for fans returning/bail-out/Project big picture etc

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Prep for fans returning/bail-out/Project big picture etc

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Personally, I don't understand why any club would be rushing to open the gates to fans.
Nobody is going to be allowed more than 2,000 fans in at the moment, so even at our level the majority of people going to games will be ST holders who have already paid.
The clubs are going to see a minimal increase in income, but will be incurring costs in staffing and stewarding the stands.
Many clubs have been saying that they are in dire financial positions because of the restrictions, so it doesn't make sense to me for them to be rushing into something that is potentially going to have a negative effect on their finances.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:56 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Personally, I don't understand why any club would be rushing to open the gates to fans.
Nobody is going to be allowed more than 2,000 fans in at the moment, so even at our level the majority of people going to games will be ST holders who have already paid.
The clubs are going to see a minimal increase in income, but will be incurring costs in staffing and stewarding the stands.
Many clubs have been saying that they are in dire financial positions because of the restrictions, so it doesn't make sense to me for them to be rushing into something that is potentially going to have a negative effect on their finances.

I agree Dave. Some could be losing money by opening up. Although their could be an issue regarding season ticket refunds on next season's season tickets.

Also, will it effect the money from the Premier League ?

Will it still be distributed on the same basis or will those who have been able to have fans in the ground get less ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:16 pm

That's clearly another advantage Andy, so not only a competitive advantage but a financial one too as I can't see the Premier League money being reduced for clubs who have additional gate receipts. Hopefully if cases keep dropping Notts will be in tier 2 in a few weeks so our clear disadvantage will be temporary.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:45 pm

Rob wrote:That's clearly another advantage Andy, so not only a competitive advantage but a financial one too as I can't see the Premier League money being reduced for clubs who have additional gate receipts. Hopefully if cases keep dropping Notts will be in tier 2 in a few weeks so our clear disadvantage will be temporary.

As I said above Rob, I don't think many clubs will see much of a financial benefit from letting fans in.
Everyone is in Tier 2 so are only allowed a maximum of 2,000 fans in the ground. Let's take ourselves as an example. We are rumoured to have sold 1,500 season tickets and they will obviously get first option on being allowed in, so opening the gates will mean we can sell 500 tickets. Keeping it simple, I will assume all of them are adults paying £25 each, so that gives us additional income of £12,500. However, the chances are that the majority of them will be buying match passes for most games, so the club has then lost £5,000, leaving a net increase of £7,500.
The club then has to staff the turnstiles and food outlets, and steward the stands during the game. plus any other additional costs related to having spectators in the ground.
At best, we are probably looking at a maximum of £5,000 a game, but I would hazard a guess at it being a lot less than that.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:53 pm

Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:50 pm

Fair point Dave, though I'd guess the benefits would be far less for Posh than for clubs whose average gates were around 2k anyway.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:03 am

I spend 11 hours a day stuck at work in a mask... No chance I'm gunna spend another 90 mins wearing one at the mill... No shouting allowed.. No singing allowed.. No beer allowed....no thanks!
Until this is all over and things go back to 'normal' ie grounds fully open as per pre-covid times I'll stick to watching it for free in my nice warm front room with afew beers on the go :D
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:56 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:I spend 11 hours a day stuck at work in a mask... No chance I'm gunna spend another 90 mins wearing one at the mill... No shouting allowed.. No singing allowed.. No beer allowed....no thanks!
Until this is all over and things go back to 'normal' ie grounds fully open as per pre-covid times I'll stick to watching it for free in my nice warm front room with afew beers on the go :D

How do you watch it for free? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:54 am

Dan wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:I spend 11 hours a day stuck at work in a mask... No chance I'm gunna spend another 90 mins wearing one at the mill... No shouting allowed.. No singing allowed.. No beer allowed....no thanks!

Good old IPTV ;)
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby KJW STAG » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:49 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Good old IPTV ;)

Subscription fee for month or year , so it is not free ;)
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:32 am

Shouting and singing are not banned according to the Football Supporters Association.
Hjeldefan
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:47 am

Hjeldefan wrote:

Shouting and singing are not banned according to the Football Supporters Association.

The Wonk is like a library most of the time anyway.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:54 am

KJW STAG wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Good old IPTV ;)

It is when I use my dad's login :lol:
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:57 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Good old IPTV ;)

So a total parasite full stop
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:03 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Good old IPTV ;)

So you work 11 hours a day , must be making a good wage and still sponging of your dad ;)

Does your mum still do your washing and ironing :lol:
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Hark at holier than thou Parkinsons perm... Bet you never even stole a penny chew from woolworths pick n mix
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:12 pm

Unfortunatly not KJW neither does my missus :(

No point in both of us paying for the same service... He's way richer than me :lol:
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:45 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Unfortunatly not KJW neither does my missus :(

No point in both of us paying for the same service... He's way richer than me :lol:

So if your dad as IPTV equipment with a code , just having a code would not work surely ?
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:02 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Unfortunatly not KJW neither does my missus :(

So if your dad as IPTV equipment with a code , just having a code would not work surely ?

It's a firestick app mate... You login at the home screen, think we're allowed 3 devices on it :D
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:45 am

I see Nigel also thinks it is an unfair advantage for some clubs to have fans whilst others don't. Bielsa has also spoken against it, amongst many others. They are, of course, right, it is clearly an advantage for those who can have home fans but when they go away play in an empty stadium. It is why it is often used as a punishment for clubs to play their home ties behind closed doors.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:37 am

Rob wrote:I see Nigel also thinks it is an unfair advantage for some clubs to have fans whilst others don't. Bielsa has also spoken against it, amongst many others. They are, of course, right, it is clearly an advantage for those who can have home fans but when they go away play in an empty stadium. It is why it is often used as a punishment for clubs to play their home ties behind closed doors.

Don't think it will affect us either way... Were terrible with or without fans in the ground!
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:46 am

I see Cambridge game now is back to a 7.45pm kick off but on Wednesday
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby manssmooth » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:47 am

Maybe having a few home partisan fans hurling verbals at our players will spur them on and give them a bunker mentality and make them fight but of course it can have the opposite effect as well. At this stage in our season I'm not sure who I'd put my money on.
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:08 am

Thing is if we were allowed in t'Mill the players'd get ripped to bits as soon as things started to go tits up. They'd have a slight excuse. W ith no fans in t'blame for the woeful performances lays utterly and totally with them. It's time to grow a pair boys... before it's too late.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:25 am

Spiritater wrote:Thing is if we were allowed in t'Mill the players'd get ripped to bits as soon as things started to go tits up. They'd have a slight excuse. W ith no fans in t'blame for the woeful performances lays utterly and totally with them. It's time to grow a pair boys... before it's too late.

When we are all allowed back, if we don't immediately get 5000 in the ground are you going to berate the lack of support? ;)

Wondering whether Covid has scuppered your apathy narrative :D
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum