{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Prep for fans returning/bail-out/Project big picture etc

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Prep for fans returning/bail-out/Project big picture etc

Postby part time pete » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Surely just letting in numbers equivalent to the number of season ticket holders at the Stags would have no financial benefit at all this season.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:57 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:from Lee Anderson MP facebook page

Come On You Stags.
Today I asked the Minister to consider allowing more fans into grounds based on their capacity. For example Stags would need around 2,000 fans in to really help the club stay afloat.
I reckon its much safer in a football ground than certain supermarkets.
Got told off for wearing my Stags scarf.
COYS

video here -->

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=sea ... 20anderson

A virus spreader says what?
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:05 pm

part time pete wrote:Surely just letting in numbers equivalent to the number of season ticket holders at the Stags would have no financial benefit at all this season.

It would presumably have a negative financial effect as the club would incur the additional match day costs of stewards, turnstile operators, cleaners etc.
Reg Holdsworth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Come On You Stags.
Today I asked the Minister to consider allowing more fans into grounds based on their capacity. For example Stags would need around 2,000 fans in to really help the club stay afloat.
COYS

video here -->

Can you keep politics off the main board please, there's a forum for that ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:38 pm

Premier League and EFL 'close' over bailout, says Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55008860
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby groundhoppingstag » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:50 pm

part time pete wrote:Surely just letting in numbers equivalent to the number of season ticket holders at the Stags would have no financial benefit at all this season.

Correct but surely that is the way to start solving this issue.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:40 pm

Dan wrote:

Come On You Stags.
COYS

video here -->

Lot's of showboating by both our local MPs about the Stags, but just out of interest, has anyone ever seen either of them at a game ?
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:

Come On You Stags.
COYS

video here -->

Lot's of showboating by both our local MPs about the Stags, but just out of interest, has anyone ever seen either of them at a game ?

Exactly what I’ve said on the thread above that Martin posted. Only time they come is when they get a freebie.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 am

I've seen Bradley at numerous Stags home games, as guests of John & Carolyn or other directors. I seem to recall he'd been at an away game or two as well, from his facebook page (MK Dons springs to mind).

I've never seen Anderson at a game. Then again I wouldn't have recognised him until a year or so ago.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:21 am

Martin Shaw wrote:I've seen Bradley at numerous Stags home games, as guests of John & Carolyn or other directors. I seem to recall he'd been at an away game or two as well, from his facebook page (MK Dons springs to mind).

I've never seen Anderson at a game. Then again I wouldn't have recognised him until a year or so ago.

Alan Meale used to attend games too, he too was a complete and utter raspberry. I'd love to know when Mansfield (or Ashfield) last had an MP of any persuasion who genuinely gave a flying toss about our club ....... I'm sure some of the oldies on here might know of one, but not in my lifetime. The current MP is an embarrassment to the town, as was his predecessor.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:26 am

groundhoppingstag wrote:

Correct but surely that is the way to start solving this issue.

i think its regarding having to give back the monies payed for season tickets, if no games played with fans watching.
It's probably a massive problem to a lot of other clubs, I wouldn't think so much ours.
Season tickets holders are a massive income for any club and should rightly be looked after.
I'm sure the Radfords would love for our season ticket holders to be allowed in, even at a loss.
Next season could see the highest sales for many a year.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 am

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:I've seen Bradley at numerous Stags home games, as guests of John & Carolyn or other directors. I seem to recall he'd been at an away game or two as well, from his facebook page (MK Dons springs to mind).

Alan Meale used to attend games too, he too was a complete and utter raspberry. I'd love to know when Mansfield (or Ashfield) last had an MP of any persuasion who genuinely gave a flying toss about our club ....... I'm sure some of the oldies on here might know of one, but not in my lifetime. The current MP is an embarrassment to the town, as was his predecessor.

I agree with all that. I get the impression that Mansfield and Ashfield are regarded as the Craggy Island of politics, where the crankiest MPs can be left to do no real harm. Actually I'd rather that MPs keep a low profile if they really must attend matches, instead of pretending to be a massive fan of the club. It's a bit cringeworthy.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:41 am

Bradders wrote:
Rob wrote:

I agree with all that. I get the impression that Mansfield and Ashfield are regarded as the Craggy Island of politics, where the crankiest MPs can be left to do no real harm. Actually I'd rather that MPs keep a low profile if they really must attend matches, instead of pretending to be a massive fan of the club. It's a bit cringeworthy.

Agree 100%. Him wearing our scarf like that to score a few brownie points was embarrassing, cringeworthy and also completely backfired and made him look like the unprofessional clown that he is.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Ben Bradley masquerading as a Mansfield fan is embarrassing, every time he opens his mouth publicly he is trending on Twitter, one gaffe after another.
I do not want him representing my club.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:17 pm

No chance fans will be back until next season imo.

But season tickets will sell well for 21/22 with the nigel factor in place :D
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bradders » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:24 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:No chance fans will be back until next season imo.

It looks like a vaccine rollout will begin in January and although it won't instantly lead to restrictions being lifted, there will come a point where the close down becomes a bit worthless. And we don't have to wait until everyone has had immunisation.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Will you be getting a ST or wil you be continuing to watch the games for free and denying the club its rightful revenue
I am just going inside and may be gone some time
Bros
First Team
First Team

Postby Phill » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Bros wrote:

Will you be getting a ST or wil you be continuing to watch the games for free and denying the club its rightful revenue

OUCH!!! Great question..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:08 pm

Bradders wrote:

It looks like a vaccine rollout will begin in January and although it won't instantly lead to restrictions being lifted, there will come a point where the close down becomes a bit worthless. And we don't have to wait until everyone has had immunisation.

Most experts are saying that the vaccination programme will take between 6 months and a year to complete.
While the government are happily telling us how many millions of vaccines they have procured, what they aren't telling us is the timescales involved in the production of the vaccine and the supply chains.
The WHO will be working closely with the vaccine producers to ensure it is available equally to all countries, not just to those who are prepared to pay more for it.
The first batches will be used to vaccinate essential health care workers, the second phase will be over 65s and high risk/vulnerable people, and then it will start to roll out to the rest of the population.
What this means is that no country will receive vaccines for phase 2 until all countries have had enough supplies to complete phase 1.
Therefore, it is highly likely that even if a vaccination programme starts in the UK in January, the football season will be over before we have acceptable levels of vaccinated people in the UK to return to anything like normal.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:37 pm

Bros wrote:

Season tickets for me and the boy... Watch the away games for free :D

Happy medium
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby West Ham 1969 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Rob wrote:

I was sat on the same row as Ben at MK last season. He was wearing his Stags shirt and was with his mates.

Works his socks off for Mansfield and best MP we have had in my memory. Has my full support...keep it up Ben.
West Ham 1969
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby geoffhill » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:13 pm

I disliked Alan Meale.{Haslams Mate}.I like Ben bradley a very personable guy.A Stags supporter as well.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Just going to one away game (ieMKDons), is just jumping on the band wagon.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Bradders wrote:

Most experts are saying that the vaccination programme will take between 6 months and a year to complete.
While the government are happily telling us how many millions of vaccines they have procured, what they aren't telling us is the timescales involved in the production of the vaccine and the supply chains.
The WHO will be working closely with the vaccine producers to ensure it is available equally to all countries, not just to those who are prepared to pay more for it.
The first batches will be used to vaccinate essential health care workers, the second phase will be over 65s and high risk/vulnerable people, and then it will start to roll out to the rest of the population.
What this means is that no country will receive vaccines for phase 2 until all countries have had enough supplies to complete phase 1.
Therefore, it is highly likely that even if a vaccination programme starts in the UK in January, the football season will be over before we have acceptable levels of vaccinated people in the UK to return to anything like normal.

We don't actually need that many vaccinations to be able to drop most restrictions. I doubt that we'll attempt to vaccinate everyone, something like 60% will be enough. And production started some months ago, so there should be plenty available in January. Prioritising the right groups will make things fairly safe quite quickly, and I can't see football stadiums still being forced to stay empty once the first phase of vaccination is well underway.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Bradders wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Bradders wrote:

We don't actually need that many vaccinations to be able to drop most restrictions. I doubt that we'll attempt to vaccinate everyone, something like 60% will be enough. And production started some months ago, so there should be plenty available in January. Prioritising the right groups will make things fairly safe quite quickly, and I can't see football stadiums still being forced to stay empty once the first phase of vaccination is well underway.
First wave will be NHS and key workers ( quite rightly ). Then care home residents and the vulnerable. Seems it will be the end of the current season before the masses will receive their jabs. With regard to supporters in football stadia, I can't see it happening this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum