{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby Tre Cool » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am

Is there any indication of when Sandy's might reopen? It's a shame after last year's renovation its been closed for the last two months when it could have taken advantage of eat out to help out. There is now footfall around the ground with 6 a side leagues now back. Even just reduced hours on certain days?

Also surely the large 1861 suite can open up for live acts with social distancing and table service for drinks? For example I'm going to see One call regulars Green Date at the Diamond next week, and Fu Fighters at the County Bar (Chesterfield) next month. And Why Not/Canvas is also hosting live acts. They are all smaller venues than the 1861 suite. The club could host events with a larger safe capacity. Are any Christmas events going ahead?

I guess the only issue is if government guidence changes and finding casual staff for irregular hours and events, maybe some of the Sandy's staff have moved on now? :(

I just feel the club is missing out on vital income now live entertainment is picking up around the area.
User avatar
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:38 pm
Location: Bolsover

Re: Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:23 am

Sandys is currently unusable due to building issues which may take some time.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby Stoney » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm

I read somewhere on here that it had a flooding issue. I'm not sure how true it is?
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3323
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Saw a skip outside bar last week, so could have, but unsure.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:12 pm

I understand that there has been a problem with water ingress which is currently subject to an insurance claim. The damage caused is considerable and the work to rectify it will take a relatively long time.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:18 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I understand that there has been a problem with water ingress which is currently subject to an insurance claim. The damage caused is considerable and the work to rectify it will take a relatively long time.

Unfortunatley this is true... I'm told that the pate bar and surrounding ground floor areas have sustained significant water damage & the guy I spoke to seemed to think that it wasn't likely to be sorted til at least jan/Feb next year.

I knew all the stale urine from the upper west stand toilet floors was leaking into somewhere :lol:
Gazmoose82
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby The One » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:24 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I understand that there has been a problem with water ingress which is currently subject to an insurance claim. The damage caused is considerable and the work to rectify it will take a relatively long time.

Unfortunatley this is true... I'm told that the pate bar and surrounding ground floor areas have sustained significant water damage & the guy I spoke to seemed to think that it wasn't likely to be sorted til at least jan/Feb next year.

I knew all the stale urine from the upper west stand toilet floors was leaking into somewhere :lol:


It was leaking into the barrels
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11740
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby James » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:13 am

Stuff like this makes me wonder if it’s easier to sell the ground/land and build a new ground somewhere (easier said than done, I know).

That’s the problem when you build a ground on the cheap, it comes back to bite you later on.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:07 am

[quote="James"]Stuff like this makes me wonder if it’s easier to sell the ground/land and build a new ground somewhere (easier said than done, I know).

That’s the problem when you build a ground on the cheap, it comes back to bite you later

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2016 ... l-stadium/

Prefer to keep the one claim to fame we have. Can you image losing that or suddenly realising that you have gone from being the oldest league club to the newest non league .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Live events at the One Call/Sandys

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:04 am

one f in mansfield wrote:
James wrote:Stuff like this makes me wonder if it’s easier to sell the ground/land and build a new ground somewhere (easier said than done, I know).

That’s the problem when you build a ground on the cheap, it comes back to bite you later

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2016 ... l-stadium/

Prefer to keep the one claim to fame we have. Can you image losing that or suddenly realising that you have gone from being the oldest league club to the newest non league .

Indeed....i couldn't imagine going anywhere else to watch home games it just wouldn't feel right! As cheesy as it sounds I think that once you move grounds you lose the soul of the club completely.. ie arsenal, West ham etc.

That been said the Mill has not aged well at all since 2000 and I still much preferred standing in the old North stand to sitting down peacefully in the QLE!.

Back on topic. I hope the pate bar gets sorted ready for the fans returning (whenever that is) cos its certainly the highlight of matchday for me... Meeting everyone in there for pre-match moans & complaining before trudging off upstairs at 2.50 for 90 mins of boredom :lol:
Gazmoose82
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Chander Lear, Clockworktarzan, Il cervo bianco, Parkinsons Perm, Spiritater, Stag on the Beach, yellowstag and 41 guests