{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O's" scorefred sponsored by ifollow Stags on TV

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O's" scorefred sponsored by ifollow Stags on TV

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:25 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Carolyn Radford is showing her frustrations.

Tbh who cares whats she is showing ,it was a great 80 minutes but a poor last 10 ,cannot believe some of the comments on here ,its gonna take a bit of time

Ofcourse you are right re taking time, but we shouldn't crumble like that.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:28 pm

It’s difficult to take. I’m reluctant to call it a crumble, as it was an individual error IMO that cost us the points. Don’t think GC will be happy with his captain tonight. Shame because he had been excellent defensively all game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:35 pm

oldweststander wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Carolyn Radford is showing her frustrations.

Tbh who cares whats she is showing ,it was a great 80 minutes but a poor last 10 ,cannot believe some of the comments on here ,its gonna take a bit of time

Ofcourse you are right re taking time, but we shouldn't crumble like that.

I think they will learn from today and be better going forwards. We can't expect to change the manager every season and churn out results like champions from game 1, it's unrealistic.

The reason we've seen it so many times before is because we never have a settled system and team going into a new season. As a side we've been constantly adapting to a new manager or new players season after season, hence the lack of solidity. We need stability off and on the field before we start seeing consistent performances.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:35 pm

It was only a couple of weeks ago we were saying its going to take time ,likewise todays second goal we scored we were praising the brilliant play by charlsley but fail to recognize the great play for their equalizer
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:43 pm

spanishstag wrote:It was only a couple of weeks ago we were saying its going to take time ,likewise todays second goal we scored we were praising the brilliant play by charlsley but fail to recognize the great play for their equalizer

We chucked two points away. No doubt about it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:45 pm

spanishstag wrote:It was only a couple of weeks ago we were saying its going to take time ,likewise todays second goal we scored we were praising the brilliant play by charlsley but fail to recognize the great play for their equalizer

Charsley was class today. Lots of good things to take away from the game... new squad two games in and unbeaten.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Cannot believe doom and gloom. New players playing a new system and we dominated for 90% of the game, against a team thats just won, four on the trot.Sure it's frustrating not to have won, but overall this was miles in front of the crap we were served up last season. Give this manager time and we will have a club and team to be proud of.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Charsley was class today. Lots of good things to take away from the game... new squad two games in and unbeaten.

I though you didn’t watch? :lol:

He was very good. Like the way he runs beyond the strikers and can use both feet. Would like to see him do things a bit quicker at times but overall he looks decent.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:48 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Can’t describe my frustration.

We’ll change managers, change players, change seasons, and yet this club still disappoints me. Don’t know why I’m surprised.

Because again we’ve bought in a manager with no pedigree apart from keeping brizzle rovers up. Let Sharpe sort this mess out won’t be long before the Irish pretender is gone ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:49 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Cannot believe doom and gloom. New players playing a new system and we dominated for 90% of the game, against a team thats just won, four on the trot.Sure it's frustrating not to have won, but overall this was miles in front of the crap we were served up last season. Give this manager time and we will have a club and team to be proud of.

I think you’re right Al, but I think most are stung by the manner of the draw. A whole new team pretty much still gelling. I think some are scarred by last season when I think we drew the first two games as well. It can still go either way but we’ve not been outplayed in either game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Frustrating today but for 80 minutes it was pretty much a model away performance.

I think the big difference between this season & last is this squad will get stronger as the season progresses. I don't see this squad repeating the same mistakes week in week out.

I also though we had a good shout for a foul on Charsley in the build up for their first goal. But c'est la vie.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Yes and it will probably happen again ,but it doesn,t disguise the improvements we are making ,that team today was a vast improvement on any side ive seen in the last 5 years togertherness , workrate and even creativity especially against a team who have stabilized after last season
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:52 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

We’ll change managers, change players, change seasons, and yet this club still disappoints me. Don’t know why I’m surprised.

Because again we’ve bought in a manager with no pedigree apart from keeping brizzle rovers up. Let Sharpe sort this mess out won’t be long before the Irish pretender is gone ..

Mug.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:54 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Cannot believe doom and gloom. New players playing a new system and we dominated for 90% of the game, against a team thats just won, four on the trot.Sure it's frustrating not to have won, but overall this was miles in front of the crap we were served up last season. Give this manager time and we will have a club and team to be proud of.

I don't think it's doom and gloom, just disappointment of giving two points away.
Two up with 18 minutes to go. Also I'm puzzled why subs not used to shore things up if we are trying to defend a two goal lead ? Maybe GC will explain in his post match summary.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Sneag wrote:Frustrating today but for 80 minutes it was pretty much a model away performance.

I think the big difference between this season & last is this squad will get stronger as the season progresses. I don't see this squad repeating the same mistakes week in week out.

I also though we had a good shout for a foul on Charsley in the build up for their first goal. But c'est la vie.

Good shout Sneag. Think GC has mentioned a couple of times he’s expecting a strong finish rather than a strong start. Just hoping the squad is mentally strong enough to cope with these kind of setbacks, which will inevitably happen along the way.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:02 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:04 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

Billy the nonce more like.... graham upset you or something or just dim?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:07 pm

The second great comeback by Orient this week from being 2-0 down and the second time they have done this against the Stags in our last three meetings. Last time they went one better. This was so disappointing after great work by Andy Cook and Harry Charsley had given the Stags a 2-0 lead. Andy Cook must be gutted because he had virtually won this game on his own after chasing a lost cause to win a penalty and then a great left foot finish from Charsley's cross. The Stags had looked solid defensively until the 82nd minute when we did not clear a corner properly and Farrend Rawson lost Josh Coulson whose shot was brilliantly saved by Marek Stech but Danny Johnson followed up to score for Orient in his 7th consecutive game. It was a disastrous final minute for Ollie Clarke giving away possession by trying score from his own half and then losing James Brophy to allow him to run into the area and set up Ruel Sotiriou for the equaliser.

A draw was a fair result overall as it was a tight game and Orient had been the better team in the first half and Danny Johnson had hit the post. They had also forced the Stags into conceding numerous free kicks. Andy Cook worked his socks up front and it looked like he and Harry Charsley had done enough to win the game but overall it was a scrappy game and we did not play much good football. The move for our second goal was probably the best of bit of football we played all afternoon. There were then a couple of times that George Maris and Corey O'Keeffe had a shot when they had a player free out wide.

I thought Andy Cook was our Man of the Match closely followed by Harry Charsley and Ryan Sweeney who was the pick of our defence today and who made some good forward passes. He also won the header from the throw in that resulted in Andy Cook's goal. I also thought Farrend Rawson and Rollin Menayese had been reasonably solid. Corey O'Keeffe has a great engine on him and made some good interceptions and runs forward. Mal Benning was the weakest link at the back and he lost his man a few times. He probably also did not need to put the ball out for the corner but I would have been mad if he had not done so and Orient had scored. Marek Stech dropped the corner in the first half but made a good save from the dangerous Ruel Sotiriou and also made a brilliant save from Josh Coulson before Danny Johnson followed up and scored. He could also claim an assist for the first goal!

Ollie Clarke had a better 2nd half. He's another one with a good engine who keeps going but then he had that terrible last minute. He gave the ball away far too much today. George Maris played reasonably well but needs to get on the front foot and be more creative going forward. He did play the ball forward to Harry Charsley for the second goal.

Jordan Bowery took his penalty well and worked hard defensively but did not cause problems going forward. It's difficult seeing him staying in the team when Danny Rose and Nicky Maynard are fully fit; or perhaps it's time to give Jamie Reid a chance.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:09 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

He's not happy at all with the Clarke shot or the running into the corners so it sounds like it wasn't his idea.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby pemill » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Imo a negative thought process was kicked off by going into the corner too early.

Overall pleased with what I've seen, great to see Bowery and Cook on the score sheet.

Obvs gutted with conceding 2 late goals but hey we were 2-0 up, plenty more to come from this team.
Orient is a tough place to go and get even a point, all of us would have been happy with a point prior to the game.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:17 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Yes and it will probably happen again ,but it doesn,t disguise the improvements we are making ,that team today was a vast improvement on any side ive seen in the last 5 years togertherness , workrate and even creativity especially against a team who have stabilized after last season

A vast improvement on any side you've seen in the last 5years etc etc etc.

You have got to be joking :lol:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:19 pm

The end of the world is nigh!!! Still a decent point imo against a team seemingly playing well by all accounts.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Despite the results in the last 2 weeks, I've enjoyed watching both games, which has made a pleasant change. :)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:30 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Still think it was a good performance
You would think we had lost judging by the comments
Most would have taken a draw, and we're undefeated.

I get called a happy clapper but we've just thrown 2 points away there. Should never be letting a team get back into the game at 2-0 up

It's definitely going to feel like a loss

Didn’t Plymouth do that against them in midweek and loose 2-3.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:33 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

He's not happy at all with the Clarke shot or the running into the corners so it sounds like it wasn't his idea.

Just listened to that.

As interviews go, that’s pretty impressive and promising
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum