{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tranmere scorefred sponsored by Stags family ifollow TV

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Who was your man of the match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:30 pm

Stech
1%
Menayese
1%
Rawson
No votes
Sweeney
1%
O'Keeffe
64%
Maris
1%
Clarke
8%
Benning
1%
Charsley
1%
Bowery
No votes
Cook
19%
Sinclair
No votes
Maynard
No votes

Total votes : 72

Re: Tranmere scorefred sponsored by Stags family ifollow TV

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Not watched it but from the comments it’s encouraging. Early days and when we get a few more weeks under our belt we should be ok. A clean sheet is always a good sign and Tranmere aren’t bad. Our did the midfield get on in general, both defending as a unit and attacking?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:54 pm

We played well, although we didn’t create enough.

Decent start to build on.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Very promising and dominant display, very good midfield, still a lack of creativity and finishing plus Benning and Bowery give the ball away too much.
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Upper West » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:55 pm

PaulG wrote:

Has any season ticket holder been able to access ifollow with the code ? I tried 4 or 5 times only to get "invalid code". Given up now.

Had same problem mate. Ended up paying another tenner.

You do need to put card details in but I was charged £10. I have just emailed them
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Most encouraging. Frustrating not to win that.Okeeffe looks great and Charlsley had a good game as did most of the team. Pity best chances fell to pur least effective player on the day., Something to build on.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:56 pm

Upper West wrote:
PaulG wrote:

Has any season ticket holder been able to access ifollow with the code ? I tried 4 or 5 times only to get "invalid code". Given up now.

Had same problem mate. Ended up paying another tenner.

You do need to put card details in but I was charged £10. I have just emailed them

Same here. Put code in, still charged me a tenner!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:56 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Tranmere will be delighted with a point.

Really ? You watching the same game ? We huffed and puffed and created little , Bowery and Cook upfront to start told you everything about this team ..: Irish clown hasn’t a clue roll on the influence of of David Sharpe on the managerial front Paul cook incoming ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Positives :
- fitness levels looked really strong, plenty of pressing until the end
- looked very solid at the back, Tranmere were unambitious but nevertheless.
- O’Keeffe looks very good. Rawson won everything. Maris very tidy

Negatives :
- didn’t create much ourselves in terms of chances, but worked plenty of good openings
- maybe too many crosses at times when we could’ve worked things a little better

Overall very positive in my opinion, not concerned about goals going forward, still got Rose to come in and Maynard to get back to full fitness. Really happy with the clean sheet given how poor we’ve looked defensively.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Johan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Frustrating frustrating. Controlled the whole game, defence was never in real trouble. But just when we needed a quality final ball or a quality finish, we seemed a bit rusty.
Johan
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:00 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

Really ? You watching the same game ? We huffed and puffed and created little , Bowery and Cook upfront to start told you everything about this team ..: Irish clown hasn’t a clue roll on the influence of of David Sharpe on the managerial front Paul cook incoming ..

What absolute rubbish
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:00 pm

FT 0-0. Did everything but score. Good save by their keeper to keep out Sinclair at the death. Very promising. I had concerns pre match but that was a good performance all in all.

Reminiscent of the away game at Tranmere from the other season. Looked good but couldn't finish of our chances. That season we finished 4th. I think we'd all take that now.

There was some good passing football on display.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:01 pm

The One wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

What absolute rubbish

We certainly didn’t look like losing, but we never really did totally look like winning in fairness.

Had we had Maynard and rose uptop we’d have probably have won, but they weren’t and we didn’t.

In cricket I’d call it a winning draw
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:02 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

What a load of raspberrys.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:03 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

Yes, Tranmere were flipping awful and incredibly unambitious.... They were there for the taking and they will be incredibly happy with a point. We were the better side, just wasteful and a bit rusty upfront.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Scrappy 2nd half. Jordan Bowery had the best chance again at the start of the 2nd half from Corey O'Keeffe's cross who played very well down the right. Tyrese Sinclair nearly won it for us at the end with his quick shot from outside the area. We got in some good positions but there was not much quality in the final third. We played at a good tempo and we still seemed full of running at the end which is a good sign. We did not drop back at all. George Maris, Harry Charsley and Ollie Clarke worked hard in midfield. Ollie Clarke started to come into the game more in the 2nd half. He could be our best signing this season.

I thought our defence were excellent and won virtually everything in the air particularly Farrend Rawson and Rollin Menayese. Ryan Sweeney was also good in the air and made some good blocks. Mal Benning made a very good defensive header in the 2nd half after Corey O'Keeffe had got injured and Otis Khan whipped a cross in.

Tranmere looked like they were happy with a draw from early on and especially when they brought on a third centre half with 25 minutes to go.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:09 pm

Looks like we’ve found ourselves a right back.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:10 pm

awalkinthepark wrote:
diablo wrote:Hoof ball tactics ...2 poor sides

I think you need some new glasses.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:14 pm

Hard to judge the defence when the opposition don’t try to attack.

Pleased with a point but not going to get carried away with the performance. As expected there were a lot of long balls and a lot of giving the ball away cheaply which doesn’t matter as much when the opposition have no ambition.

We still have some big players to come into the team which may change our look completely so it’s a case of wait and see but I won’t be putting any money on the side yet. To sum up not panicking but not over impressed either.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

For a man who posted this on Tuesday:
Billy the fish wrote:We’ve looked poor all pre-season in defence I fear the worse Saturday..

At least you are consistent on your thoughts on the current squad
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Really pleased tbh, expecting worse after the performances in pre season. We looked strong and solid. We’ll be fine when Maynard is in the team.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:33 pm

Disappointing not to win the game. However there are some positives:-

- A clean sheet and looked solid at the back. (Teams that keep clean sheets tend to be successful).
- Midfield looked good
- We have 3 other proven goal scorers who didn't start today. Maynard is a goal machine (and Cook, Reid and Rose will score goals).
- We have a good winger yet to be introduced - and in tandem with O'Keefe, we could potentially have an effective wing-back combination ahead.

... A win today would have been nice, but there is still plenty to build on and look forward to.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:45 pm

One thing for sure is our defence will be tested far more than that in future games.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:46 pm

Only negative you can pick from the game is we didn't score. Dominated the game. Tranmere didn't create much but I think that was more down to out Midfield being dominant and our defence stifling any attack.
Some very good individual performances. We put plenty of balls in the box. I thought Cook and Bowery played well. Rovers couldn't handle Bowery. All in all, a good encouraging performance.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:49 pm

I think it’s unrealistic to go from a bottom 6 side to one being up there and challenging from the off. We will need to get back to basics before we can think about troubling the play offs. We did that today with a solid performance against a decent side relegated from league 1.

With Rose and Maynard fully fit we may have won it and created more. I think Bowery’s strengths lie in holding the ball up and linking the attack, rather than in front of goal.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:54 pm

I thought the defence looked tight ( vast improvement on the cup games ). Midfield good too.
Pity we didn't take our two good chances. With the strikers we have at our disposal surely one will get his shooting boots on.

I hope the first league goal will come soon. Overall I'm quite happy with the performance.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum