{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Would be nice to know the viewing figures.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

It would be interesting if they gave the actual numbers like some other clubs do.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:37 pm

As there seems to be a lot of negativity about Ifollow on here, which may put off prospective customers, I feel it only right to give the other side of the story.
Obviously I am touching wood as I type this as I don't want to tempt fate before Tuesday's match.
I have watched every match this season except for the trophy games and have had no problems whatsoever. The matches run about 30 seconds behind time so it is best to avoid any websites or tv programs showing live scores, but other than that I have only once had it drop connection (I think this was the Preston game which I am not even sure was on Ifollow), but I was able to reconnect immediately.
I am using a PC on Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge as that is the only browser I have, and am on basic Virgin broadband (100 Mb). The only advantage I potentially have over others is that those using a laptop, or the app on a phone or tablet, are relying on a wifi connection, whereas my PC is hard wired into the modem.
Prior to this season I have also used Ifollow to listen to commentaries of matches I am unable to attend, often through the app on my phone while travelling in the car, and other than it dropping connection in poor signal areas have had no complaints.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:10 pm

a reminder:

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bear 73 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm

Hi me i am fed up with ifollow last match lost the live game,and also lost the commentary, i go through google onto the official site, and sit watching a black screen.
i do believe this crap system is costing our club a lot of money, on a good day i get buffeting, i even struggle to get the interviews before the games on ifollow.
Changing server is fine for people who know what they are doing, all i get is a load of information i dont understand.and told to delete my kookies, which leaves me playing with my lap top
missing the game. sky red button is a good system, a coverage on local radio would help, All people tell me is the site cant cope theirs to many people trying to get on.
i found a good system, put the match on then i pay, but doesnt work like that, they take my money, and leave me screaming in frustration.
New system close the lap top down,and keep going on the site until i get a stream, cannot believe it is so difficult to pay to watch a game of football. and tues just around the corner
Sounds easy click a camera and away we go. some one says if you are lucky to get your money back 7 to 10 days, what a system takes less than 2 seconds to take it on a very=very== poor service. i should be in heaven but no these cowboys put me in hell. And i do go through the match site and click the camera when it comes up
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:31 pm

A "problem" with Web browsers is they are updated fairly often. Something may work one week then an update hits and it stops working.

I was never logged into the app. I have it on my phone but never logged into it before Friday. I had the first 5-10 minutes or so on my app because my pc decided it needed to restart for updates and took the urine doing it.

Once pc was on I started playing it in the browser and it played on both for a few seconds and then cut the stream to the app, I had no issues being logged into both. The app is actually ahead of the pc stream, even though the app is over WiFi and pc is a wired connection.

There are so many issues it could be. From the hardware to the connection to how many devices are connected to the router. On virgin media, for example, if I have more than 10 devices connected it messes up from time to time. If you have a standard router from you Internet service provider and have lots of devices connected this can impact things too. Its a minefield of potential problems and solutions.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:01 pm

Bear73, if you'd like me to try to help you, email me on martin.shaw.thestags@gmail.com
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby calvostag38 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:39 pm

Friday nights game was my first trouble free game. Normally I end up screaming at my tablet or PC. The game was well fought, and I thought we battled and held our own against a very, very good Colchester side. I hope that this is the end of my ifollow problems, and everyone elses too, I fear it wont be though, and while people keep defending a very poor system, then it wont get fixed. I wont ever stop supporting my club, I wont ever stop showing my appreciation for John and Caroline Radford, I have blue and yellow blood in my veins, but, and I mean this, if it plays up anymore, I will go to audio, at least I can listen without my blood pressure going through the roof. I think we all deserve a fair product for a fair price.
Harrogate Tuesday.....Come on lads, 2nd win of the season. MTFC blue yellow army.
calvostag38
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby sunray » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:28 pm

Dave Wayne

As there seems to be a lot of negativity about Ifollow on here, which may put off prospective customers, I feel it only right to give the other side of the story.
Obviously I am touching wood as I type this as I don't want to tempt fate before Tuesday's match.
I have watched every match this season except for the trophy games and have had no problems whatsoever. The matches run about 30 seconds behind time so it is best to avoid any websites or tv programs showing live scores, but other than that I have only once had it drop connection (I think this was the Preston game which I am not even sure was on Ifollow), but I was able to reconnect immediately.
I am using a PC on Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge as that is the only browser I have, and am on basic Virgin broadband (100 Mb). The only advantage I potentially have over others is that those using a laptop, or the app on a phone or tablet, are relying on a wifi connection, whereas my PC is hard wired into the modem.
Prior to this season I have also used Ifollow to listen to commentaries of matches I am unable to attend, often through the app on my phone while travelling in the car, and other than it dropping connection in poor signal areas have had no complaints.

Agree with Dave, no problems and I'm using Wifi connection.
Long may ifollow continue especially for away games
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:54 pm

so, this is not including the match passes for home league game for season ticket holders.

For home league games, the club gets all the money (see *) (plus up to the first 500 sales from the opposition).

For away league games, the club gets the money (*) after the first 500 sales (the first 500 sales go to the home club). For each away league game, the Stags have sold more than 500, so have made a bit of profit on each of the games.

(*) Remember that from each £10 match pass, the total amount of profit a club makes per pass is approximately £8.34 (according to https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2 ... -outlined/).

For all cup games, the revenue is split 50/50 between the home and away clubs. So for the FA Cup game, Sunderland sold 3,300 match passes, you can add that to the number the Stags sold, divide by two, and multiply by £8.34 to get the profit (the figure comes to just over £18,000 for each club).

more info:

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:21 pm

So just to clarify Martin, the above figures are for tickets sold by MTFC only and any sold by opposition teams for the One call matches also go to the stags up to a maximum of 500. We also get revenue from the away games after the first 500 MTFC sales which look quite healthy.

If visitors sales for matches at One Call are similar to our away sales, it looks like you can add the full 500 for most of our home matches.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:34 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:So just to clarify Martin, the above figures are for tickets sold by MTFC only and any sold by opposition teams for the One call matches also go to the stags up to a maximum of 500. We also get revenue from the away games after the first 500 MTFC sales which look quite healthy.

If visitors sales for matches at One Call are similar to our away sales, it looks like you can add the full 500 for most of our home matches.

correct
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:37 pm

more info:

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:12 pm

Third highest in the league is incredible considering how bad we are.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:03 pm

How much do we think it’s affected by our ratio of season ticket holders to non-season ticket holders.

E.g. for all I know Bradford have 10,000 season tickets and only a 100 people purchasing this way? So they’d look way down in the table but actually have cash in the bank?

Either way it’s a good show that we have a decent number of people purchasing them despite our form this season.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:51 am

from my report of the Dagenham FA Cup game:

The game was broadcast live on the BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website, for which the Stags received £12,500. This is incidentally less money than the Stags received from showing the Round One game at Sunderland on iFollow Stags by my back-of-an-envelope calculation: the number of match passes sold for that Sunderland game was 3300 by Sunderland and 1035 by Mansfield. With the profits shared between the clubs, both sides effectively sold 2167 match passes. From each £10 match pass, the total amount of profit a club makes per pass is approximately £8.34 (according to https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2 ... -outlined/), so Mansfield made just over £18,000 from the Sunderland game. Of course, the number of match passes for the Dagenham game, if it had been shown on iFollow instead of BBC iPlayer, would have been nowhere near the number for the Sunderland game, so the Stags were better off with the £12,500 in this case.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:02 am

Martin Shaw wrote:from my report of the Dagenham FA Cup game:

The game was broadcast live on the BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website, for which the Stags received £12,500. This is incidentally less money than the Stags received from showing the Round One game at Sunderland on iFollow Stags by my back-of-an-envelope calculation: the number of match passes sold for that Sunderland game was 3300 by Sunderland and 1035 by Mansfield. With the profits shared between the clubs, both sides effectively sold 2167 match passes. From each £10 match pass, the total amount of profit a club makes per pass is approximately £8.34 (according to https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2 ... -outlined/), so Mansfield made just over £18,000 from the Sunderland game. Of course, the number of match passes for the Dagenham game, if it had been shown on iFollow instead of BBC iPlayer, would have been nowhere near the number for the Sunderland game, so the Stags were better off with the £12,500 in this case.

So with prize money for our ‘cup run’ so far, we’re at nearly £73K ?
It think that’s blooming brill
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:42 am

Oak Tree Stag wrote:

No TTF posted yesterday, its about 50k I think? Cannot find the post.
The One
Manager
Manager

Re: Ifollow

Postby bear 73 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:54 am

oldweststander wrote:Any money into the club is better than no money.

As I have bored people with for weeks now, I will not be attending ANY large gatherings of people, including the One Call, until vaccinated, which could be early next year or possibly never. Myself and my wife are classed as vulnerable due to age, wouldn't it make sense for the club to do whatever is necessary, either with the EFL or the broadcasting authorities, to make all home or/and away games available via ifollow until the Covid-19 crisis is over?

Not looking for a freebee, happy to pay a reasonable price, maybe the cost of a season ticket?

Im with you because of my disability i have problems attending games, and would be willing to pay full season ticket price
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:13 pm

The One wrote:
Oak Tree Stag wrote:

No TTF posted yesterday, its about 50k I think? Cannot find the post.

broadcast money: Rd1 £18,000; Rd2 £12,500
prize money: Rd1 £16,972; Rd2 £25,500
total: £73,000
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Ifollow v Crawley

Postby Upper West » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:01 pm

Anyone having reception problems?

I am getting blips of a few seconds very regularly
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Re: Ifollow v Crawley

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:02 pm

Upper West wrote:Anyone having reception problems?

I am getting blips of a few seconds very regularly

Since logging out of iFollow on all other machines, I haven't had issues
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:04 pm

It does seem slightly out of focus again
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:40 pm

Best coverage of season so far but annoying pre match when Martin and Dean are interrupted by adverts
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:49 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:It does seem slightly out of focus again

Especially when the ball is in or around the box the camera seems to struggle to keep up with ball and the camera loses focus
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum