{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:59 pm

Took a couple of refreshes of Matthew ellis technical services Ltd assisted

Tbh, I thought it may have issues more so no. More people with nothing to do watching it etc
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby pen » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Brilliant
pen
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby victor A block » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:12 am

£10 lost to the club from me . Wouldn't give me a match pass option . Only the Scunthorpe game next .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:13 am

Always been perfect for me. Advise buying pass day before. Using Laptop with Firefox browser and then HD lead to TV. Great service.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:56 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Ifollow foul-ups

Postby HarryW » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:57 pm

After several problem-free uses of Ifollow, I was charged twice for one match, then on Saturday, I was stuck with a black screen.
Complaints gave just been shrugged aside.
HarryW
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Ifollow foul-ups

Postby part time pete » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:11 pm

HarryW wrote:After several problem-free uses of Ifollow, I was charged twice for one match, then on Saturday, I was stuck with a black screen.
Complaints gave just been shrugged aside.

Nobody can help you on here unless you tell us the details of your set up, like device used, browser used etc.

Just a moan is not helpful in sorting your problem.

One of the main issues I have found is that your account cannot be logged on to two different devices at the same time.

If this has happened then you need to log out of all of your devices and your mates devices and just log in on one device only.

Using the EFL app rather than a browser usually gets better results.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Sorry to hear that you had a prpblem on Saturday Harry after "several problem-free uses of Ifollow". Very frustrating I'm sure.

There was a known problem on Saturday and EFL tweeted at 3.07 on Saturday:
“The EFL is aware that some supporters may be experiencing issues with the iFollow service this afternoon. We want supporters to have the best possible experience whilst viewing matches on iFollow and are currently working with our partners and suppliers to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and will provide a further update as soon as possible.”
https://twitter.com/EFL/status/1327629304059092992

EFL then tweeted at 3.18pm:
“Following earlier reports of issues affecting some supporters using the iFollow service, the EFL has been informed by its partners that these have now been resolved.
If any supporters are still experiencing issues, please use the live chat support tool on your Club website.”
https://twitter.com/EFL/status/1327632107783524352

This may well have been the source of the issue you had. Very frustrating obviously.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby robbingdog » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:26 pm

I had a black screen for about 20 mins, I contacted ifollow and she advised
me to clear my cookies etc. Did that and that was it sorted.

Never had a problem with the home games, it was my first away game but got sorted in the end
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HarryW » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Thanks for the input.
The double-charging was galling. First they denied it had happened, so I sent them a screenshot of my card statement, and quoted their payment references to them. Now they are just ignoring me.
As for Saturday, I had read previous advice about clearing cookies. I did this and when that didn't help, I shut everything down and restarted. I was using the same kit that I used in the past without any problems, initially using Firefox, but also trying with Chrome, as that advice had been offered to someone else.
As I'm now £20 put of pocket, I don't have the confidence to commit more money to a firm that ignores me.
It's now 66 years since I attended my first match at Field Mill with my father, and I was so pleased that the Ifollow coverage was allowing me to continue watching matches from my current home.
HarryW
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:33 pm

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... fl-4703865

Prosecutions expected as EFL clamps down on Stoke City pirate streams

ByPeter Smith Stoke City reporter, 15 NOV 2020

Prosecutions are expected as the EFL clamps down on pirate streams involving Stoke City matches.

Stoke are showing most games Championship and cup games this season live on its own website for a £10 charge, with others broadcast on Sky Sports, and its audience of about 7,500 is a crucial revenue stream at a time when there are no gate receipts.

But other websites are showing the action illegally – and the EFL is getting ready to take on the offenders in court.

“But it was discussed widely at the EFL meeting about the amount of piracy there is, where websites are putting on the games illegally.

“That damages the football club. The income from official streams does goes directly to the football clubs so anyone who is using pirate sites, clearly that’s diverting money away from clubs at a time when we have no other income.”

He added: “The EFL is clamping down on that and people will be prosecuted.”
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:47 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-live-stream-efl-4703865

Prosecutions are expected as the EFL clamps down on pirate streams involving Stoke City matches.

Stoke are showing most games Championship and cup games this season live on its own website for a £10 charge, with others broadcast on Sky Sports, and its audience of about 7,500 is a crucial revenue stream at a time when there are no gate receipts.

But other websites are showing the action illegally – and the EFL is getting ready to take on the offenders in court.

“But it was discussed widely at the EFL meeting about the amount of piracy there is, where websites are putting on the games illegally.

“That damages the football club. The income from official streams does goes directly to the football clubs so anyone who is using pirate sites, clearly that’s diverting money away from clubs at a time when we have no other income.”

Ironic thing is that I've watched on IPTV for free all season and had no problems so far....guess that shows you how much ifollow really care about there legit paying customers!.

As for the EFL clamping down on illegal streams... Waste of time.. For every one they shutdown another 10 will take there place.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:58 pm

I got my dad a new tablet (less than two years ago), and fast broadband. He has a match pass for every game and hasn't missed a single minute of a single game this season. He's also helping the club financially.

I have a tablet in front of me at every game showing the match, albeit 30 seconds behind real time. The only time it has not worked this season has been when the wifi at a ground has not been fast enough.

You don't have to watch an illegal stream and you don't have to defraud the club.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:07 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-live-stream-efl-4703865

Ironic thing is that I've watched on IPTV for free all season and had no problems so far....guess that shows you how much ifollow really care about there legit paying customers!.

As for the EFL clamping down on illegal streams... Waste of time.. For every one they shutdown another 10 will take there place.

You realise that if you watch something that you’re not legally allowed to, then that makes you a thief ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:57 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

You realise that if you watch something that you’re not legally allowed to, then that makes you a thief ?

Oh no arrest me now officer....what about if I watch through the fence at the corner of the north side.. Am I still a thief then? :lol:
Get a grip of yourself man
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:30 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:Oh no arrest me now officer....what about if I watch through the fence at the corner of the north side.. Am I still a thief then? :lol:
Get a grip of yourself man

You’re defrauding the club that you claim to support.

You’re a thief. Sue me. I dare you.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Just because I don't pay for the games doesn't make me any the less of a supporter than you.... Just don't see the point in paying out my hard earned cash when I don't have to.
Simple
I'm sure JR can get by without my £10 every week for now.... As soon as crowds get back in me and the lad will be back paying at the turnstiles don't panic :D
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:23 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Just because I don't pay for the games doesn't make me any the less of a supporter than you.... Just don't see the point in paying out my hard earned cash when I don't have to.
Simple
I'm sure JR can get by without my £10 every week for now.... As soon as crowds get back in me and the lad will be back paying at the turnstiles don't panic :D

I don't often agree with Belly, but he's right on this. You are a thief.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/november/ ... efl-clubs/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby JSBAPH » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:44 pm

I decided about 15 mins before we played scunthorpe in the tinpot cup last week to watch the game, So I logged on and played my £10. I didn't get in until the match was 10 mins in and then immediately froze. So I didn't see the match. After contacting the efl the response was dismissive and unhelpful, the only comment from them was that no refund or credit would be given as the terms and conditions.
I logged on for the Forest green game and payed my £10 at 2.30pm a blank screen appeared and continued until just before half time!!!!
I abandoned the whole thing.
Unfortunately for the club i want be logging onto ifollow in the future.
JSBAPH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:46 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Just because I don't pay for the games doesn't make me any the less of a supporter than you.... Just don't see the point in paying out my hard earned cash when I don't have to.
Simple

It’s not about me. It’s not about being a super fan or not.

It’s about you stealing and denying income to the club. JR might have a few quid, but does that mean you can steal from the club ? You’re a reason why clubs are struggling.

Thief.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:08 pm

JSBAPH wrote:I decided about 15 mins before we played scunthorpe in the tinpot cup last week to watch the game, So I logged on and played my £10. I didn't get in until the match was 10 mins in and then immediately froze. So I didn't see the match. After contacting the efl the response was dismissive and unhelpful, the only comment from them was that no refund or credit would be given as the terms and conditions.
I logged on for the Forest green game and payed my £10 at 2.30pm a blank screen appeared and continued until just before half time!!!!
I abandoned the whole thing.
Unfortunately for the club i want be logging onto ifollow in the future.

Make sure you don’t have your account logged on to two different devices.

Try logging out of all your devices and then just logging in on one.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:34 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Simple

It’s about you stealing and denying income to the club. JR might have a few quid, but does that mean you can steal from the club ? You’re a reason why clubs are struggling.

Thief.
Is this the new way people steal copywrite material in the modern world?
Back in the 70's and 80's people used to tape music off the radio to cassette during the chart run down rather than buy it from Syd Booth's or Our Price Records.
In the 80's and 90's people used to back up VHS tapes of films using double VHS decks or connecting two machines together and copy computer games from cassette or floppy disc (C64, Spectrum, Amiga etc)
In the 90's people got games machines chipped (Playstation 1) so they would accept copied games on CD or DVD.
In the 90's and 00's CD's and DVD's could be copied or ripped using PC's or bought via local markets.
In the 00's and 10's films and music could easily be downloaded from the internet via torrent sites or copied direct from streaming services like YouTube.
Although not condoning it the above were rife back in the day. How many of us can honestly say they have never stolen copywrite material or made a compilation tape for their girlfriend or boyfriend?? I am in this group of people who have done this and other people will have too who would be disgusted at the idea of robbing a store or individual of their physical goods). I would guess if everyone is honest when thinking back and indicate their actions that the ones that have never done such things are very much in the minority?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:44 pm

ST4GS wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Simple

Thief.
Is this the new way people steal copywrite material in the modern world?
Back in the 70's and 80's people used to tape music off the radio to cassette during the chart run down rather than buy it from Syd Booth's or Our Price Records.
In the 80's and 90's people used to back up VHS tapes of films using double VHS decks or connecting two machines together and copy computer games from cassette or floppy disc (C64, Spectrum, Amiga etc)
In the 90's people got games machines chipped (Playstation 1) so they would accept copied games on CD or DVD.
In the 90's and 00's CD's and DVD's could be copied or ripped using PC's or bought via local markets.
In the 00's and 10's films and music could easily be downloaded from the internet via torrent sites or copied direct from streaming services like YouTube.
Although not condoning it the above were rife back in the day. How many of us can honestly say they have never stolen copywrite material or made a compilation tape for their girlfriend or boyfriend?? I am in this group of people who have done this and other people will have too who would be disgusted at the idea of robbing a store or individual of their physical goods). I would guess if everyone is honest when thinking back and indicate their actions that the ones that have never done such things are very much in the minority?

It's was theft then too.

I must confess to taping records, but that was because I was precious about handling vinyl, so I'd buy a record & then tape it is I didn't risk damaging the original.

Sad eh? :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:55 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Simple

Thief.

Very dramatic dear
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:20 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Simple

Thief.

Very dramatic dear

I agree, its theft from the club
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum