{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby kyle b » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:43 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Haha this is a proper joke. Tried on a decent TV through website, buffering every few seconds, laptop same issue, iPad won't let me download latest app, 103.2 playing music, best we've had it is on app on my dad's phone that's about a decade old, aside from fuzzy audio, end up watching on a tiny 2 inch screen and we go 3-0 down. Footballs back.

Having all the same problems. Can only see it on my iPhone. But not even bothered now. Put it this way I not be bothering again
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Been bob on service here. Got app on andoid box, straight onto tv. No issues whatsover, apart from the scoreline of course!
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:01 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:Been bob on service here. Got app on andoid box, straight onto tv. No issues whatsover, apart from the scoreline of course!

Same hear no problems whatsoever other than the scoreline.

Running on laptop via HDMI cable into the TV and have LAN cable plugged into the laptop. Not buffered once.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Anyone just lost the picture?
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:16 pm

Interestingly my video stream on the match pass was four minutes behind real time, even thought Martin’s commentary was synced correctly.

Overall picture quality on iPad was good and no buffering at all.

Only disappointment was being texted that we had conceded a goal while thinking I was watching a live feed.

Anybody else noticed the video was behind real time.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:19 pm

After changing the laptop graphics settings to "performance", using an HDMI cable to the TV worked a treat. The picture was almost as smooth as a BBC broadcast. No buffering or other glitches at any point. Good camerawork, considering only one camera. I liked the replays.
Disappointing to get the Preston commentary though.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:32 pm

Bradders wrote:After changing the laptop graphics settings to "performance", using an HDMI cable to the TV worked a treat. The picture was almost as smooth as a BBC broadcast. No buffering or other glitches at any point. Good camerawork, considering only one camera. I liked the replays.

You can change the commentary Bradders, it’s in the settings bar at the bottom of the match player, for future ref.

No issues for me at my end, a bit laggy at times but that’s internet related.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:57 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Bradders wrote:After changing the laptop graphics settings to "performance", using an HDMI cable to the TV worked a treat. The picture was almost as smooth as a BBC broadcast. No buffering or other glitches at any point. Good camerawork, considering only one camera. I liked the replays.

You can change the commentary Bradders, it’s in the settings bar at the bottom of the match player, for future ref.

I had some buffering which was a bit annoying, but only interupted my viewing as often as the incontinent old buggers that sit in our row in IGU.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:10 pm

:lol: All the usual comments...

It's an appalling product. Don't know why people bother.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Thanks, I'll look out for that next time. Think I was a bit distracted looking for a solution to the low frame rate problem. Solved in the second half, obviously you have to make sure that the laptop has optimal display settings.
Despite all the moaning, it appears that if you get everything set up properly then ifollow is pretty good.
Maybe it will eventually work smoothly on sub-optimal kit, but at least we know that it can be made to run well.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Does anyone know if the man city game is included in the seasons pass for i follow or does it have to be purchased seperately
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:26 pm

spanishstag wrote:Does anyone know if the man city game is included in the seasons pass for i follow or does it have to be purchased seperately

Uk season ticket holders have to pay, not sure about ex-pats. Did you get it free last season?
part time pete

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:30 pm

part time pete wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Does anyone know if the man city game is included in the seasons pass for i follow or does it have to be purchased seperately

Uk season ticket holders have to pay, not sure about ex-pats. Did you get it free last season?

Yes i did ,but i dont want to leave it till the last minute ,last saturday was all set up to watch the preston game ,nothing ,by the time i got an answer i was well wazzed off
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:32 pm

spanishstag wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Yes i did ,but i dont want to leave it till the last minute ,last saturday was all set up to watch the preston game ,nothing ,by the time i got an answer i was well wazzed off

Yes, my daughter was the same, apparently nobody overseas could see the carabo cup on iFollow. She had even paid for a match pass, but could not see the match, eventually got her money back.
part time pete

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:11 pm

I think due to broadcasting rights, Carabao Cup games can't be viewed overseas on iFollow. There are no such rights for EFL Trophy so you should be able to watch it with your overseas season pass.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks martin really looking forward to it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:24 pm

I've posted this step-by-step guide once but I'll post it again

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2020 ... tep-guide/

And season ticket holders must note this bit in order to get the code to watch home league games on iFollow:

Season ticket holders should contact the ticket office to provide them with their latest email address. This email address must be the same as your iFollow Stags account email address. To contact our ticket office (open 10am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), call 01623 482 482 (option 1) or email ticketoffice@mansfieldtown.net.

Meanwhile, if you want to buy a match pass for the Man City U21 EFL Trophy game (6pm ko Tuesday), then use this link to buy it:

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2020 ... low-stags/
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:18 pm

When are we expecting the Tranmere game link via email from the office, in case they use wrong email.
part time pete

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:35 pm

part time pete wrote:When are we expecting the Tranmere game link via email from the office, in case they use wrong email.

I don't know, sorry
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:10 pm

part time pete wrote:When are we expecting the Tranmere game link via email from the office, in case they use wrong email.

When I collected my season ticket on Friday they checked on their system to make sure they had the right email address.
If you are concerned, I am sure a quick phone call, or even an email, would clarify it.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

When I collected my season ticket on Friday they checked on their system to make sure they had the right email address.
If you are concerned, I am sure a quick phone call, or even an email, would clarify it.

indeed, if you are not sure, then follow these instructions :

Season ticket holders should contact the ticket office to provide them with their latest email address. This email address must be the same as your iFollow Stags account email address. To contact our ticket office (open 10am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), call 01623 482 482 (option 1) or email ticketoffice@mansfieldtown.net.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:32 pm

The office don’t want 1500 folk ringing up on Thursday afternoon saying they haven’t received their link when the link isn’t being sent out to Friday morning.

I would think the best way forward is for them to tell us when the link is to be sent out and if folk haven’t received it then only a few then need to ring the office.

It would be just like the Stags to send out the link on Saturday morning and then no one in the office to sort the problem out when folk haven’t their link.

Apparently getting the Stags weekly newsletter is no guarantee of the office having your email address as there is two different systems at the club that don’t talk to each other.
part time pete

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:55 pm

Will Ifollow let the tv stream the football through my iPhone Tuesday night
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:31 am

wardy12345 wrote:Will Ifollow let the tv stream the football through my iPhone Tuesday night

you can watch on your iphone, or ipad or laptop. How or whether you can stream from iphone to TV I don't know, sorry.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:31 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum