{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby OllertonStag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:37 pm

I'm beginning to think we should have asked for the camera to go more out of focus now.
OllertonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:41 pm

OllertonStag wrote:I'm beginning to think we should have asked for the camera to go more out of focus now.

We did look better out of focus.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:45 pm

Was it just me or did everyone start watching after 20 minutes in.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:25 pm

KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:27 pm

KJW STAG wrote:

thank the Lord

don’t think i can stand the stress of talking owd Stag through it via face time for home games much more lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:11 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:

thank the Lord

don’t think i can stand the stress of talking owd Stag through it via face time for home games much more lol

Bless him. :lol: Sez you n Em should have a medal
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:13 am

My brother supports Peterborough and he heard that the change has been brought on because where a household has multiple season tickets, but of course only one is needed to watch the game, twitter groups have sprung up to share the individual codes for mutual benefit. So unless someone now wants to share his private email with someone then those previous beneficiaries now have to pay individually.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:23 am

So, having downloaded the EFL Rewards App and 'spun the wheel' every match, I finally got something other than 'Unlucky' on Tuesday night and won a free match pass.
I was planning to use it for the Bolton game next Tuesday but when the email came through it specifically states that the code is only applicable to my team's next match. I emailed them to query this as I already have access to Saturday's match as an ST holder, and the reply basically says "Sorry - tough luck" !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:25 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:My brother supports Peterborough and he heard that the change has been brought on because where a household has multiple season tickets, but of course only one is needed to watch the game, twitter groups have sprung up to share the individual codes for mutual benefit. So unless someone now wants to share his private email with someone then those previous beneficiaries now have to pay individually.

I hadn't tried it, but had assumed that the codes we were sent were specific to our email addresses and wouldn't work on anyone else's account ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:58 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:My brother supports Peterborough and he heard that the change has been brought on because where a household has multiple season tickets, but of course only one is needed to watch the game, twitter groups have sprung up to share the individual codes for mutual benefit. So unless someone now wants to share his private email with someone then those previous beneficiaries now have to pay individually.

I hadn't tried it, but had assumed that the codes we were sent were specific to our email addresses and wouldn't work on anyone else's account ?

You may have a point DW but conversely I can't believe that even for us there were, for example, separate codes by individual person that someone within the club had to individually allocate to me, you and Uncle Tom Cobley so I suspect there was one code per club and therefore a mass identical mailshot was done from each club using their database of season ticket holder emails.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:29 pm

How will we as season tickets know we have access to the game, because at present there is no indication on iFollow that I have access to the game. Previously when you went into fixtures it said ‘ you already have access to this game’ whereas now there is no such indication.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:35 pm

part time pete wrote:How will we as season tickets know we have access to the game, because at present there is no indication on iFollow that I have access to the game. Previously when you went into fixtures it said ‘ you already have access to this game’ whereas now there is no such indication.

Mine is already saying that I have access to the match, so hopefully there is a process going through and every ST holder will be in that position by kick off time.
Best advice is to log on as early as possible tomorrow to give you time to resolve any issues !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Go to the app, Pete. Scroll to upcoming matches. You may have Mansfield v Walsall (audio) and/or Mansfield v Walsall, the latter with no mention of audio. If the latter appears, then that's your link ready for the game.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Go to the app, Pete. Scroll to upcoming matches. You may have Mansfield v Walsall (audio) and/or Mansfield v Walsall, the latter with no mention of audio. If the latter appears, then that's your link ready for the game.

In the app, on the page where you you can watch video highlights and re-runs, there is a link to upcoming matches featuring the Walsall game.

Are you saying, Martin, that this link will be active at 2pm on Saturday.
part time pete

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:56 pm

part time pete wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Go to the app, Pete. Scroll to upcoming matches. You may have Mansfield v Walsall (audio) and/or Mansfield v Walsall, the latter with no mention of audio. If the latter appears, then that's your link ready for the game.

In the app, on the page where you you can watch video highlights and re-runs, there is a link to upcoming matches featuring the Walsall game.

Are you saying, Martin, that this link will be active at 2pm on Saturday.

if it looks like below, then you'll have access to the live video stream on Saturday.

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Yes, it does, Martin, thanks
part time pete

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:08 pm

Martin I am a season ticket holder and normally watch on ifollow through the MTFC website. Will the new system for the game tomorrow allow me to watch using this method or do I need to download the app and watch via that. Cheers for all the help and guidance on this.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:39 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Martin I am a season ticket holder and normally watch on ifollow through the MTFC website. Will the new system for the game tomorrow allow me to watch using this method or do I need to download the app and watch via that. Cheers for all the help and guidance on this.

you should be able to watch via the website as normal.

you should be able to tell if you will get access, but going to https://www.mansfieldtown.net/ifollow/subscribe/
then scroll down to the Walsall game and it should say "You already have access to this match."
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:44 pm

As helpful as ever Martin thank you
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:49 pm

I've done that Martin says I have to pay to subscribe on the normal pay screen with credit card details etc
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:54 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:I've done that Martin says I have to pay to subscribe on the normal pay screen with credit card details etc

are you sure you were logged in?
is the email address you log in with, the same as you gave the club?
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 pm

Thanks Martin, it is the same I've downloaded the app using the said email and ifollow password.I have the screen similar to parttime pete.How would one know from this whether they have access or not for the game tomorrow
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:11 pm

so, to summarise, if you are a season ticket holder ...

then, on the app ... if it looks like below, then you'll have access to the live video stream on Saturday.

and, on the website ... if it looks like below, then you'll have access to the live video stream on Saturday.

You can watch on the website or on the app, but not both at the same time, as you can only be logged in on one device at any time.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:30 pm

Even though I have the upcoming match link in the first screen shot, when I follow that other link you posted, Martin, it does not show that I already have access to the Walsall game.
part time pete

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:10 pm

Anyone else having issues actually paying for the match? Same card as I've used before but it say payment failed. I then used the card on another site and the payment went through. Trued ifollow again and "payment failed"
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum