{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:10 pm

Sneag wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:“I've normally watched it on my tablet but today watched it on our main TV, the picture quality was excellent and connection wasn't lost once, unfortunately!”

How did you do that,Rob? I contacted iFollow and they told me you could not watch it on a TV as it was only designed for iPads and phones.

Play it on a laptop with a HDMI cable attached to the TV.

Or alternatively run through the phone app....you can now get a phone to HDMI cable (mine is the 'C' type android connection)
Runs really nicely in HD.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:01 pm

Sneag wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:“I've normally watched it on my tablet but today watched it on our main TV, the picture quality was excellent and connection wasn't lost once, unfortunately!”

How did you do that,Rob? I contacted iFollow and they told me you could not watch it on a TV as it was only designed for iPads and phones.

Play it on a laptop with a HDMI cable attached to the TV.

iFollow works on the website through a laptop/desktop or the app through a tablet/smartphone.

You can certainly, as Sneag says, connect for a very good picture on your TV via an HDMI cable from your laptop, which I've done myself.

I haven't personally connected a phone or tablet to a TV but others have done it, including a suggestion from Gazmoose above.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:05 pm

acasman wrote:Morning all. Been trying to get a refund from ifollow since the Barrow game with no success. They responded to my first e mail but nothing since despite 4 follow ups. Ticket office gave me a direct dial no but they have stopped answering calls and ask for e mail contact ! Anyone had any joy following a different route ?

sorry to hear that Ken. 4 follow-ups sounds far too many. Maybe Jess at the club could help you follow-up, given your experience, if you contact her.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:07 pm

from https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/13496013/ ... tter-jail/

YOU'RE NICKED Thousands of Kodi box users to receive police letter this week threatening them with JAIL
Harry Pettit, Senior Digital Technology and Science Reporter
17 Dec 2020

THOUSANDS of suspected TV pirates will receive a letter from police this week warning them they are being watched by the authorities.

Those who continue to use streaming devices to steal premium channels like Sky Sports illegally face jail time, the message states.

More than 7,000 letters will be sent out this week to suspected users of streaming tech such as Kodi boxes, Chronicle Live reports.

Those who ignore the letter, sent by Lancashire Constabulary's Cyber Crime Unit, could face up to five years in prison.

It follows similar campaigns launched by officials in Norfolk and Suffolk earlier this year.

"These notices are a direct and alarming wake up call for people using illegal streams," warned Kieron Sharp, CEO of the Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT).

"If you use illegal streaming services you are accountable for your actions and you will be pursued. This is not a grey area and it is not worth the risk."

Kodi boxes are legal streaming devices that let you watch everything from Netflix to YouTube, though they can be used to watch illicit content.

Millions have bought the telly boxes in order to illegally watch premium sport and TV for free.

You can only see these streams using prohibited "add-on" apps – which Kodi and UK police have repeatedly described as "criminal".

Similar technology, known as Internet Protocol Television devices, are offered by other companies.

The cease and desist letter is the latest action to be taken in the nationwide crackdown against piracy.

A number of Brits have been jailed for selling Kodi boxes pre-loaded with software that lets the buyer watch premium content for free.

And in 2017, the Premier League was granted a court order which allowed them to shut down streaming of football matches by blocking internet servers that provide them.

see also viewtopic.php?p=856200#p856200
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:41 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
acasman wrote:Morning all. Been trying to get a refund from ifollow since the Barrow game with no success. They responded to my first e mail but nothing since despite 4 follow ups. Ticket office gave me a direct dial no but they have stopped answering calls and ask for e mail contact ! Anyone had any joy following a different route ?

sorry to hear that Ken. 4 follow-ups sounds far too many. Maybe Jess at the club could help you follow-up, given your experience, if you contact her.

There used to be a 'chat' function on the ifollow bit of the website when the games are live.

It used to be in the bottom right hand corner - you hit the chat icon and it opens a separate message thing and then you could message someone. I used this to get them to help me with logins. If it's still there (I can't see it right now but maybe it only appears when the games are on) you could maybe try through that.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby chip63 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:49 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

There used to be a 'chat' function on the ifollow bit of the website when the games are live.

It used to be in the bottom right hand corner - you hit the chat icon and it opens a separate message thing and then you could message someone. I used this to get them to help me with logins. If it's still there (I can't see it right now but maybe it only appears when the games are on) you could maybe try through that.

Maybe for future games, paying on a credit card and getting a refund through your card provider, all payments on credit cards are insured for faulty goods etc..
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:from https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/13496013/ ... tter-jail/

YOU'RE NICKED Thousands of Kodi box users to receive police letter this week threatening them with JAIL
17 Dec 2020

THOUSANDS of suspected TV pirates will receive a letter from police this week warning them they are being watched by the authorities.

Those who continue to use streaming devices to steal premium channels like Sky Sports illegally face jail time, the message states.

More than 7,000 letters will be sent out this week to suspected users of streaming tech such as Kodi boxes, Chronicle Live reports.

Those who ignore the letter, sent by Lancashire Constabulary's Cyber Crime Unit, could face up to five years in prison.

It follows similar campaigns launched by officials in Norfolk and Suffolk earlier this year.

"These notices are a direct and alarming wake up call for people using illegal streams," warned Kieron Sharp, CEO of the Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT).

"If you use illegal streaming services you are accountable for your actions and you will be pursued. This is not a grey area and it is not worth the risk."

Kodi boxes are legal streaming devices that let you watch everything from Netflix to YouTube, though they can be used to watch illicit content.

Millions have bought the telly boxes in order to illegally watch premium sport and TV for free.

You can only see these streams using prohibited "add-on" apps – which Kodi and UK police have repeatedly described as "criminal".

Similar technology, known as Internet Protocol Television devices, are offered by other companies.

The cease and desist letter is the latest action to be taken in the nationwide crackdown against piracy.

A number of Brits have been jailed for selling Kodi boxes pre-loaded with software that lets the buyer watch premium content for free.

And in 2017, the Premier League was granted a court order which allowed them to shut down streaming of football matches by blocking internet servers that provide them.

see also https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... 00#p856200

Not in a million years could you face 'jail time' for streaming football... Basically just scaremongering by the sky big boys, would never stand up in court.
Abit like when virgin media send you warning letters for using pirate bay, kickass torrents etc...there just doing it cos the goverment say so they never actually ban me.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:59 pm

from https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no ... s-19454676

Thousands of IPTV and Kodi box users to receive police letter this week warning them of JAIL
The cease and desist letter is the latest action taken in the crackdown against piracy

By Ian Johnson Multimedia Journalist, 15 DEC 2020

Over 7,000 suspected TV pirates will receive a police letter warning them that they are being watched - and could be jailed.

The letters, which are being posted this week, will target those suspected of using devices, such as IPTV and Kodi boxes, to illegally stream premium channels.

If the cease and desist letter is ignored, it warns that those who continue to break the law could face up to five years in prison.

Lancashire Constabulary's Cyber Crime Unit is behind the latest letters.

Similar letters from other forces have been sent to addresses across the UK.

The notice, one of the first of its kind aimed at consumers of illegal streaming services, makes clear that the force will monitor subscribers’ behaviour and an investigation will be launched if the email is ignored

This action is part of an ongoing investigation designed to crackdown on illegal streaming and those profiting from it, and follows similar letters sent out earlier this year by police in Norfolk and Suffolk.

Olivia Dodding from Lancashire Police Cyber Crime Unit said: “People who subscribe to these services might not realise that they are illegal, but the fact is they are, and we believe that the people who sell them know that.

“What may cost you a relatively small one-off fee, actually results in television producers and sports broadcasters losing millions of pounds which affects their ability to make and show sports events and entertainments series, which many of us enjoy watching.

“Anyone who subscribes to IPTV or any other illegal streaming service should stop now to avoid facing prosecutions themselves.”
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby JSBAPH » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:05 pm

I contacted efl after the Scunthorpe game seeking a refund as the transmission froze after a few minutes. There response was to tell me to read the terms and conditions as there was reference to not refunding in cases where the streaming failed.
Very helpful.
JSBAPH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:21 pm

JSBAPH wrote:I contacted efl after the Scunthorpe game seeking a refund as the transmission froze after a few minutes. There response was to tell me to read the terms and conditions as there was reference to not refunding in cases where the streaming failed.
Very helpful.

JSBAPH, if you'd like me to try to help you, email me on martin.shaw.thestags@gmail.com. There are various things that could be causing the problem and I've helped sort out the problems for some others. I can't do it on a matchday, but as you paid for the Scunthorpe and Forest Green games as I can see from your previous posts, then you'll still have access to them and we might well be able to resolve why you couldn't watch them.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Mansf1eld » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:from https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/13496013/ ... tter-jail/

17 Dec 2020

see also https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... 00#p856200

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:02 pm

JSBAPH wrote:I contacted efl after the Scunthorpe game seeking a refund as the transmission froze after a few minutes. There response was to tell me to read the terms and conditions as there was reference to not refunding in cases where the streaming failed.
Very helpful.

And they wonder why people use illegal streams?... Obvious they have no concern for there consumers.

As for these articles.. Like i said earlier its just boring scare tactics from the police / cyber law... No way in hell they could keep tabs on the hundreds of thousand's of IPTV in users in England let alone waste money trying to prosecute them. Its possible if you were a supplier of a IPTV subscription service that youd get prosecuted but just for watching it not a chance.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Very helpful.

And they wonder why people use illegal streams?... Obvious they have no concern for there consumers.

As for these articles.. Like i said earlier its just boring scare tactics from the police / cyber law... No way in hell they could keep tabs on the hundreds of thousand's of IPTV in users in England let alone waste money trying to prosecute them. Its possible if you were a supplier of a IPTV subscription service that youd get prosecuted but just for watching it not a chance.

Don't forget that the illegal streams provided by IPTV are a straight copy from iFollow. If an iFollow stream failed, it would fail on IPTV.

In terms of complaints, there are 1,000 per week, which equates to 1%. I'd guess that a proportion of people don't complain, so the complaint rate could be closer to 2%. see viewtopic.php?p=856200#p856200

I have offered to try to help JSBAPH

Regarding the police, this is from Lancashire Police: “People who subscribe to these services might not realise that they are illegal, but the fact is they are, and we believe that the people who sell them know that.
“What may cost you a relatively small one-off fee, actually results in television producers and sports broadcasters losing millions of pounds which affects their ability to make and show sports events and entertainments series, which many of us enjoy watching.
“Anyone who subscribes to IPTV or any other illegal streaming service should stop now to avoid facing prosecutions themselves.”

From the articles, the police are keeping tabs on 7,000 users to start with.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby chip63 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:23 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Very helpful.

They prosecute people without a tv licence, so I don't see why they wouldn't.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:57 am

Last season I paid to watch the Salford away game was unable to because of Covid.Will I be able to watch this seasons game and not pay an extra £10?
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:07 am

geoffhill wrote:Last season I paid to watch the Salford away game was unable to because of Covid.Will I be able to watch this seasons game and not pay an extra £10?

I will try and find out about that.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:07 am

I won a match pass on the rewards app yesterday. Says it is valid for the next game only and it will be delivered in 7 days and ve valid for 3 days. How long do people usually wait for it?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Thanks Martin you are a stout fellow.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:14 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I won a match pass on the rewards app yesterday. Says it is valid for the next game only and it will be delivered in 7 days and ve valid for 3 days. How long do people usually wait for it?

I won one on the 27th October and got the match pass code email on the 29th.
Would have preferred it to take longer as it was only eligible for the next match which was a home match already covered by my season ticket !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Record ifollow?

Postby Number63 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:43 pm

Hi I need to be away from the match for half an hour tonight.

Is it possible to record it?
:coys:
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Record ifollow?

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Number63 wrote:Hi I need to be away from the match for half an hour tonight.

Problem solved :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:49 pm

:lol: Just seen !
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:58 pm

Number63 wrote:Hi I need to be away from the match for half an hour tonight.

as a general comment (obviously not for tonight now), you can pause the game for half an hour and then just continue it to a conclusion.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Number63 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:32 pm

Big thanks
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:14 pm