{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow, including new App

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

iFollow, including new App

Postby oldweststander » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Sorry if I missed any announcements, does anyone know if ifollow will be available to buy for the Stags home and away games for the forthcoming 2020/21 season for those of us who will not be attending just yet?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:19 pm

as per another thread:

Subject: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 To existing ticket holders

Martin Shaw wrote:
ian23 wrote:Presumably if non season ticket holders and on the day attendees cant attend due to the restrictions and the stadium being at 'capacity' will ifollow live streams be available in the UK to anyone for saturday 3pm kick offs?

Whilst matches are played behind closed doors, they will be available to view on iFollow. I would guess this would be on a match-by-match pass basis as the season starts.

I expect the same will be the case when only small numbers are allowed into the ground under social distancing. This has not yet been confirmed by EFL though.

When we get to a stage of full numbers being allowed back (if indeed that does happen this season), the position is not clear. Last season, it was not allowed under broadcasting rules to show Saturday games to a UK audience on iFollow.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20623
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Ifollow

Postby adamstag » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:36 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:as per another thread:

Subject: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 To existing ticket holders

Martin Shaw wrote:
ian23 wrote:Presumably if non season ticket holders and on the day attendees cant attend due to the restrictions and the stadium being at 'capacity' will ifollow live streams be available in the UK to anyone for saturday 3pm kick offs?

Whilst matches are played behind closed doors, they will be available to view on iFollow. I would guess this would be on a match-by-match pass basis as the season starts.

I expect the same will be the case when only small numbers are allowed into the ground under social distancing. This has not yet been confirmed by EFL though.

When we get to a stage of full numbers being allowed back (if indeed that does happen this season), the position is not clear. Last season, it was not allowed under broadcasting rules to show Saturday games to a UK audience on iFollow.


That would be a very challenging one for them to decide on.

What happens for instance if you're a STH but in an age bracket/disability/whatever of where you're told to shield and justifiably do so when others aren't but you've a season ticket.

No easy decisions to be made there
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7922
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Ifollow

Postby spanishstag » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Cant see an easy way around this one ,if i follow stream live games in the uk it wont help clubs ,but if they start of by offering games it will be on a game by game basis ,not a seasons pass ,which i assume will cost more than last season ,mine has just gone up by just under 30%,for the whole season but being abroad wont adversely affect the clubs involved
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2252
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:14 pm

Any money into the club is better than no money.

As I have bored people with for weeks now, I will not be attending ANY large gatherings of people, including the One Call, until vaccinated, which could be early next year or possibly never. Myself and my wife are classed as vulnerable due to age, wouldn't it make sense for the club to do whatever is necessary, either with the EFL or the broadcasting authorities, to make all home or/and away games available via ifollow until the Covid-19 crisis is over?

Not looking for a freebee, happy to pay a reasonable price, maybe the cost of a season ticket?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby sunray » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:41 pm

To be fair to the club it should be STH and match day prices for Ifollow. Why should it be cheaper?
sunray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:59 pm

sunray wrote:To be fair to the club it should be STH and match day prices for Ifollow. Why should it be cheaper?


Because the club would have lower overheads & because they wouldn't shift many tickets.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9198
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Ifollow

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:33 pm

oldweststander wrote:Any money into the club is better than no money.

As I have bored people with for weeks now, I will not be attending ANY large gatherings of people, including the One Call, until vaccinated, which could be early next year or possibly never. Myself and my wife are classed as vulnerable due to age, wouldn't it make sense for the club to do whatever is necessary, either with the EFL or the broadcasting authorities, to make all home or/and away games available via ifollow until the Covid-19 crisis is over?

Not looking for a freebee, happy to pay a reasonable price, maybe the cost of a season ticket?

I totally agree with you ows. I'm in a similar situation. I would be prepared to pay a reasonable price to have access to games (home, away or both) and help the club financially at the same time.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6555
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Ifollow

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:35 pm

sunray wrote:To be fair to the club it should be STH and match day prices for Ifollow. Why should it be cheaper?



Who said anything about it being cheaper, I said maybe for the price of a season ticket?

Even if I had mentioned being cheaper, it is still money for the club they wouldn't be getting from me and those in a similar position to me, during the Covid-19 crisis.

I've had a season ticket for many, many, years, been supporting the club since 1960, I am not about to try and rip them off now, but I am also not going to put me and my family at undue risk.

Now do you comprehend Sunray?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:37 pm

sunray wrote:To be fair to the club it should be STH and match day prices for Ifollow. Why should it be cheaper?


Would you pay the same money to watch any sport on tv rather than watching it live?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby sunray » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:50 pm

Sorry oldweststander - I was just asking should it be cheaper.

Sneag - "Because the club would have lower overheads" If some fans are attending what are the lower overheads. With fans spread round the ground more stewards may be needed plus lower bar takings.

oldweststander and Amber Andy what do you believe is a "reasonable price"? Last season I believe it was £12 per game.

MTFCMusings "Would you pay the same money to watch any sport on tv rather than watching it live?" As a fan who wanted to watch my team - yes I would.
sunray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby oldweststander » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:14 am

sunray wrote:Sorry oldweststander - I was just asking should it be cheaper.

Sneag - "Because the club would have lower overheads" If some fans are attending what are the lower overheads. With fans spread round the ground more stewards may be needed plus lower bar takings.

oldweststander and Amber Andy what do you believe is a "reasonable price"? Last season I believe it was £12 per game.

MTFCMusings "Would you pay the same money to watch any sport on tv rather than watching it live?" As a fan who wanted to watch my team - yes I would.


As I stated earlier, happy to pay for a season ticket in order to watch from home for all the season, if necessary or until I consider it safe to return to my old seat.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:15 pm

iFollow seems to be offline at the moment, so assume any interviews will be posted in full on YouTube?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:07 pm

iFollow back up and running on MTFC official site in preparation for this Saturdays game :thumbup:
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Ifollow

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:58 pm

Source MTFC Official site: https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2020 ... low-stags/

Mansfield Town’s Carabao Cup first round tie at Preston North End this Saturday can be watched for just £10 only on iFollow Stags.

The match, which will kick-off at 3pm, will be Stags’ first competitive fixture since 07 March.

iFollow Stags is the only way you can view our first team games this season, whilst fixtures are played behind-closed-doors.

The club will receive 50% of all match passes purchased for this weekend’s clash.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Ifollow

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:34 pm

From Bolton News

iFollow home games free for season ticket holders whilst stadiums are operating at zero or limited capacity. £10 per game for non season ticket holders for home games and £10 per game for all fans for away games and cup games.

"Wanderers season ticket holders will be given passes to stream to home games on iFollow, the club has confirmed. After weeks of discussions between clubs, the EFL and major broadcasters, it has now been agreed that games can be streamed online while stadia are operating at a zero or limited capacity because of COVID-19. Clubs will be unable to offer access to away fixtures, however, as part of the season ticket package – and will broadcast at a charge of £10 per game. All first round games in the Carabao Cup will also be broadcast via iFollow at a £10 fee. That means fans who have not bought a season ticket will have to fork out at least £40 to watch the four confirmed games in September, with season ticket holders paying £20 for the Bradford City cup match and Colchester away.

It is currently unclear whether the October 3 game at Harrogate – which now looks likely to be played at Doncaster Rovers’ Keepmoat Stadium – will be entirely behind closed doors."

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -fixtures/?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7322
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:16 pm

So I've paid my £10 for a match pass for the Preston game.

What do I need to do now?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Log on to iFollow on Mansfield Town Website on Saturday

Click on Live Match Centre (you can normally see the link for this in Fixtures) and the game should come on or there will be a button to click on saying "Watch Game" or something similar.

I think Martin normally starts broadcasting around 2.45
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7322
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Ifollow

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Thx
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:41 pm

if you're planning to use iFollow on tablet or mobile, you must install the NEW app. If you used the old app, easiest thing to do is open the old app, and it will ask you if you want to update.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2020 ... ollow-app/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20623
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Just updated and I can no longer get interviews . The video interviews are now photographs of the manager or a player with a microphone in front of them and a written interview. Go on the latest video and I get 90 minutes of a Grimsby match or other games from last season . Some of the older interviews that I have previously listened to are now only available in text form .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:48 pm

I don’t think the interview has been uploaded yet, despite what the article says. If it has, it isn’t showing how on my app, mobile or laptop.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:33 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:Just updated and I can no longer get interviews . The video interviews are now photographs of the manager or a player with a microphone in front of them and a written interview. Go on the latest video and I get 90 minutes of a Grimsby match or other games from last season . Some of the older interviews that I have previously listened to are now only available in text form .

If you can watch the Coughlan pre Preston press conference then it is working. Older content is going to have to reloaded by the media team.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20623
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:13 pm

Just a note for people who may be new to buying a match pass, you will receive an email confirming your purchase of the match pass. If you don't receive an email, the likelihood is you haven't actually bought it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20623
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby G B » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:42 pm

I've downloaded the new ifollow app onto phone and tablet. I've not had an account before so can't log in. It doesn't give an obvious option to open a new account.
The only option left appears to be to to press the 'forgot password' button and get it sent to my email. However the instructions / password haven't arrived and aren't in my junk folder either so I've not got past first base without having issues.
Loads of people on the app reviews moaning of having the same issues.
Has anyone got advice how to resolve this and how I set up the account on the app?

It says the app is for phone and tablet. Can you run ifollow on pc or smart TV straight from the Internet and without this apparent hassle?

Apologies for all the questions but this is the first time I've tried to download the app and I'm unsure if its something I'm doing wrong or if the app is having issues?
User avatar
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamstag, Berryhillstagno1, BH_Stag, bob ledgers barber, Brinner, Bros, cassellswasmagic, Cleveland_Stag, Dave Wayne, dawsyy94, gazza1988, Harrington St Stag, hg5stag, HitchcocksShins, Hjeldefan, Hon Sec, IAmTheStag, iansmith, Kenwood, KirkbyStag2, london amber stag, Mansfieldmagic87, MTFCMusings, old ram stag, oldnic, OllertonStag, Parkinsons Perm, Sandy Pate Best Stag, Sedgwick, snipe, spanishstag, Stag on Trent, stags1963, w12stag, West Ham 1969, yorkshire stag and 129 guests